Macro Sold Out Of Turkeys

media

Went to macro to get a turkey, to my shock they had totally sold out!

But luckily we did find that villa have still got a bunch of 6 to 9 kilo butter ball turkeys in stock ! 1300 baht for 6.5 kilo bird

Thought this info might help someone

I think the Hilton Hotel must have bought them all up...they had delicious roast turkeys at their lunch buffet today...tender, moist, with nice gravy...some of the best turkey I've had in LOS. Turkeys plus their regular buffet items and dessert table for B 323...what a deal!

B323 + 10% service charge + 7% VAT + Drink price so at least 420B net price.. :(

B323 + 10% service charge + 7% VAT + Drink price so at least 420B net price..

410B including water.

I dont really understand why anyone would quote the price without the ++. Hilton themselves never attempt to hide the total price and always quote it including the ++, which is much more honest than many places around town are.

Personally I think it's very good value for 410B and I usually go once a week or so.

Oh, and they always seem to have turkey on Friday. I don't really know why as it's supposed to be seafood day.

I did see one Thai bloke with an entire turkey leg on his plate the last time I went. laugh.png

I can never understand why people come to live in Thailand where terrific food is all around abundant and cheap and then go regulararly to the hilton to eat overpriced tourist food crazy ,but each to his own.

Perhaps because it isnt overpriced and isnt touristy? The Hilton lunch buffet is one of the best value for money farang places in town and I go there once a week, which makes a nice change from the Thai food that I eat on the other 6 days.

What I dont understand is why people would frequent the awful farang places that sell burger and chips or sausage and mash etc. These really are overpriced rubbish.

• Like 1