Welch's Concord Grape Juice

Tywais

I usually have a small glass with ice of Welch's concord grape juice when I get home from work and really enjoy it. I had normally been getting them in the large plastic bottles at Rimping Nim City but they have not stocked them for a couple of months now. Was able to get some a couple of times over the last few weeks at Makro on Hang Dong road, though they are in tiny bottles of a pack of 3 - price/volume not very good. Nearly out and checked Makro last Friday and none to be seen, same with Rimping.

Any chance someone has seen it stocked somewhere recently such as Tops? Don't want to make a trip only to find they are out also.

connect_tile1.jpg

These were all they had at Makro's but as I said price/volume poor. 10oz bottles

464977b.jpg

Sorry, don't know were to find it, but if you do, and add two cups of sugar and a packet of wine yeast to the concentrated Welche's Grape juice, and wait a few weeks, it makes a wine that tastes just like 'Matuse!' (Yes, you do need to use an airlock, but a ballon works too...)

Sorry, don't know were to find it, but if you do, and add two cups of sugar and a packet of wine yeast to the concentrated Welche's Grape juice, and wait a few weeks, it makes a wine that tastes just like 'Matuse!' (Yes, you do need to use an airlock, but a ballon works too...)

Sounds more like Mogen David wine.

Where do you buy your wine yeast?

You can purchase it on line, in single gallon packets or larger. You can find different types of wine yeast, that produce different flavors. The on-line suppliers sell cheap plastic airlocks (100 baht equiv?) as well. But... keep in mind that making alcoholic beverages at home in Thailand may violate some laws, though I doubt that if one were making it in a gallon jug for personal consumption, Elliot Ness will not be axing down your doors...

• Like 1

You can purchase it on line, in single gallon packets or larger. You can find different types of wine yeast, that produce different flavors. The on-line suppliers sell cheap plastic airlocks (100 baht equiv?) as well. But... keep in mind that making alcoholic beverages at home in Thailand may violate some laws, though I doubt that if one were making it in a gallon jug for personal consumption, Elliot Ness will not be axing down your doors...

Is the heat here a problem?

Is the heat here a problem?

I suppose it could be for some locations. I never let my entire house get too hot. There are always some areas that are cooler than others, certainly big enough to hold a gallon jug. I guess it depends on the individual living habits. I know I've had problems trying to make saurkraut because of the heat. But not wine. Perhaps it was the time of the year that I've made them?