Big Choppers

hughden

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is an ugly bike?

Dave, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....whether it be bikes or women. This Harley motorbike is as ugly as sin to me. Now here are some pictures of the most beautiful motor bikes ever made.....they're British-built (hand made), sleek, comfortable, fast and exquisite roadholders....and they're all Velocettes. I owned a Vincent 1,000 cc before owning a 500 cc Velocette Thruxton. I'm not knocking Harleys really, I'm just p-issed-off with the culture associated with big bikes these days and the selfishness and arrogance of some of the riders. Remember the motorbike gang in the movie "Every Which Way But Loose"?....the epitome of this puerile culture I'm referring to.

post-3503-1140524097_thumb.jpgpost-3503-1140524120_thumb.jpgpost-3503-1140524148_thumb.jpg

post-3503-1140524175_thumb.jpgpost-3503-1140524201_thumb.jpgpost-3503-1140524225_thumb.jpg

I like all motorbikes but i do especially like riding Harleys.

BUT

do I like wearing leather waistcoats, colours, riding in gangs and having rules and wearing jeans and boots all day etc?

no chance. :o

I like to ride alone or with my wife, i'm not interested in convoy's etc, i just do what i enjoy.

When Humprey Bear saw me I was riding a Harley back to my mates shop in flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt. :D

So this is an ugly bike?

As you say, each to there own, be a pretty boring world if we all liked the same thing :D

My opinion of the bike, Ardly engineering brilliance is it? 70 year old engine, draped with monsterous pieces of steel - whats with the wheels, design based on a fifties frying pan? retro, I guess they call it, kind of similiar to the ardly Jimmy D used to ride - co-incidence? :o Or just good marketing :D

Good advertising has convinced people that this is the bike of their dreams, despite the fact they could have better performance and handling for about 1/30 of the price :D

Guess when you have spent that much it gives you a reason to dress silly and snarl a lot :D

Cheers :D

Yes, the Harley is dog ugly!

British bikes? Do they have the same build quality (lack of) as british cars?

Give me a BMW any day, bike or car, best machines around. No coincidence the cops in most of Europe, Canada, Austalia use them, roadhandling, reliability, quality,..

dscd0057.jpg

This one is from England :o

Edited by madsere

Yes, the Harley is dog ugly!

British bikes? Do they have the same build quality (lack of) as british cars?

Give me a BMW any day, bike or car, best machines around. No coincidence the cops in most of Europe, Canada, Austalia use them, roadhandling, reliability, quality,..

dscd0057.jpg

This one is from England :o

Certainly from a car perspective BMW everytime :D

Triumph - the best of British? have two huge factories in Thailand, you pass them on the way to\from Bangkok.

Looking at the Harley picture again - it lacks tassels :D those really cool leather one that you stick in the end of your handlebars :o

For "classic' well engineered bikes start with Ducati and MV Augusta? Honda NSR another classic :D

Didn`t the Velocette 500 hold the world record in the 1960`s for travelling at 100 mph non stop for 24 hours? :D

Yes, it certainly did. The Velocette Viper (350 cc) and the Venom (500 cc) were the most incredibly efficient, fast and beautiful British bikes ever made. Did you ever smell one running on "Castrol R". Hom mak mak.

Guess when you have spent that much it gives you a reason to dress silly and snarl a lot :D

Cheers :D

Hi CGW, and don't forget that you don't need to shave and you can cover every square inch of your body with pointless, pot ugly and revoting tattoos. Jings, I want to puke! :D:o

post-1360-1140549427_thumb.jpg

You know why the british do not make computers?

Because they cannot make them leak oil :o

lol

saying that I still love old bsa, triumph, and british cars

slightly restored a 58 austin healy bugeye sprite sold it due to taking all my money lol

Talking about Austin Healey,here is my AH 100/6. 1957

So this is an ugly bike?

Now here are some pictures of the most beautiful motor bikes ever made.....they're British-built (hand made), sleek, comfortable, fast and exquisite roadholders....and they're all Velocettes.

post-3503-1140524097_thumb.jpgpost-3503-1140524120_thumb.jpgpost-3503-1140524148_thumb.jpg

post-3503-1140524175_thumb.jpgpost-3503-1140524201_thumb.jpgpost-3503-1140524225_thumb.jpg

Oh my.

Hand made - After 4 pints for lunch

Sleek - There isn't much to them, that is how they get those motors to actually propel the things forward. watch out for hills though...

Comfortable - As long as you don't mind your eyeballs rattling and fillings dropping out.

Fast - Oh yeah. If your game.

Exquisite roadholders - As long as you don't mind going back the way you came to pick all the bit's that would have fallen off.

Oh my.

Sleek - There isn't much to them, that is how they get those motors to actually propel the things forward. watch out for hills though...

Comfortable - As long as you don't mind your eyeballs rattling and fillings dropping out.

Exquisite roadholders - As long as you don't mind going back the way you came to pick all the bit's that would have fallen off.

That's the sprit. British bikes only one place for them, in a Museum

with a drip try. and a full Spares kit, for the bits that fall off if you

ever start it up.

I don't like Harleys myself, that?s because I like to go fast.

The Harley is for looking good on, not for speed.

I go for the Jap bikes,

When was the last time one of you went on the latest top of the range

Jap super bike ????.

Its like a bullet out of a gun,

most people would loos there bottle with the throttle in about 5 seconds.

When you accelerate up to around 140 Mph you know your moving !!!!!!

Thats a motor bike.

Jap bikes win every time on Speed, Handling, Cost. and some would

say on looks as well. ( Italian Bike to Expensive).

I would give the Boss Hog a go because it's a 5.5 or 8.5 litre V8 Monster.

Its got the power if you can hang onto it, (doubtful)

For the guy who posted the photo of the BMW,

all I can say is next time your on one,

stop out side any shop window and look at your reflection

then you get the true picture of a BMW rider.

BLW British bikes were load as <deleted> in there day as well, especially the café racers.

Sorry boys, Jap bikes for me.

Not so good in Thailand as to many fools on the road

to drive fast over here, so I let the misses drive me around on the 100cc twist and go.

Jap bikes are for the real men not the boys.

Have a nice day.

:o

Oh my.

That's the sprit. British bikes only one place for them, in a Museum

with a drip try. and a full Spares kit, for the bits that fall off if you

ever start it up.

I don't like Harleys myself, that?s because I like to go fast.

The Harley is for looking good on, not for speed.

I go for the Jap bikes,

When was the last time one of you went on the latest top of the range

Jap super bike ????.

Its like a bullet out of a gun,

most people would loos there bottle with the throttle in about 5 seconds.

When you accelerate up to around 140 Mph you know your moving !!!!!!

Thats a motor bike.

Jap bikes win every time on Speed, Handling, Cost. and some would

say on looks as well. ( Italian Bike to Expensive).

I would give the Boss Hog a go because it's a 5.5 or 8.5 litre V8 Monster.

Its got the power if you can hang onto it, (doubtful)

For the guy who posted the photo of the BMW,

all I can say is next time your on one,

stop out side any shop window and look at your reflection

then you get the true picture of a BMW rider.

BLW British bikes were load as <deleted> in there day as well, especially the café racers.

Sorry boys, Jap bikes for me.

Not so good in Thailand as to many fools on the road

to drive fast over here, so I let the misses drive me around on the 100cc twist and go.

Jap bikes are for the real men not the boys.

Have a nice day.

:D

Whoops! wrong button :D

Was going to say I agree with the learned gentleman - Mr Cubes pretty much to the letter.

Brit bikes in there day were good, Japs bikes took over the reign (CB 750 - out performed Bonnie!)

Evolution, Ardleys stood still and went for the "lifestyle pitch - sadly it worked :o

Yeah, chopper bikers are usually fat and mostly pathetic.

Yep, everything about this whole Harley Davidson/chopper/whatever thing is a load of pathetic nonsense. Arrogant, selfish, intrusive and antisocial people who don't really care who they offend with their noisy, spluttering and hideous machines.

You might say that I find the Harley culture repugnant!

With very small...? :D

My ex missus found my chopper repugnant. We are divorces now. :o

post-25905-1140550798_thumb.jpgthis was mine

I had a red one of those, good fun. :D

Quite the People magnets to had so many rubber necks it was not funny. lol

Has anyone seen the Kawa Estrella? Looks like an old brit bike but with the reliable jap internals. Hoping to pick one those and a cbr 400rr when I get to thailand hopefully :o wife allowing :D

post-25905-1140550798_thumb.jpgthis was mine

I had a red one of those, good fun. :D

Quite the People magnets to had so many rubber necks it was not funny. lol

Has anyone seen the Kawa Estrella? Looks like an old brit bike but with the reliable jap internals. Hoping to pick one those and a cbr 400rr when I get to thailand hopefully :o wife allowing :D

Funny. I had a 1962 MG Midget Mk I back in the eighties - still have the scars to prove it, road handling about as bad as it can get but it was a fun little car. What's the link? The Midget Mk I was the same car as the Austin Healey Sprite Mk II, the successor to the frogeye.

Edited by madsere

• 4 weeks later...