Big Choppers

hughden

They have these meets all over Thailand, I think there is one in Ubon this month. The one Udon had this year had a few types that have been described here, but only a few. That had some real choppers on display, some full dress Harley's and Gold Wings. Most of the people who attended this event first of all were Thai's, that do group rides around the area. Maybe Pattayas was a lot different don't know didn't go. But the one we had here was just good fun. I will go back next year. Yep there were phantoms 150'sand 200's there as well.

This is a few year project I really have no idea how old it is I would 25 plus years, the book say it' been Thailand for 16 years. But it' definetly quiet adna very strong bike for an old 750.

post-662-1143066505_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, chopper bikers are usually fat and mostly pathetic, I know some good guys though, but very hard to find.

Yep, everything about this whole Harley Davidson/chopper/whatever thing is a load of pathetic nonsense. Arrogant, selfish, intrusive and antisocial people who don't really care who they offend with their noisy, spluttering and hideous machines.

You might say that I find the Harley culture repugnant! That's true. There are several Canadians living close to me and one of these people, who has the personal qualities of a louse, is infatuated with his out-of-tune, unsilenced machine. My two-year old daughter thought that her young world had come to an end when this person started his ugly heap of chrome right beside her. :D:o

:D

I left the show at 130am last night and it was chaos, unfortunatley there was one sad death already on friday in pattaya lets hope there is'nt more to follow. :D

The whole event was superb, thousands of visitors, best one i've seen in thailand so far in IMO. :D

Dave - reading all these judgemental postings on guys with big choppers - was it you I saw half-an-hour ago, leaving your house on a noisy two-wheeled machine? (Just after that down-pour that flooded the street) I thought you preferred the big truck?

Yup that was me :D (bike was equipped with a thunderheader for extra noise)

good on yer dave.. give em hel_l..........hahahaha

Edited by shaunmiller

I love the bike week things, went to the Bang-Saen one, was in Sa Kaeo the other week, excellent, well organized day out.

Didn't know there was one in Pattaya this year. I'd imagine it was pretty crowded!!

I'll be up in Chiang Mai next month on my new baby for the bike week, easy to find as there's only one!!!

MT01-1.jpg

Where else are up and coming bike weekends?

Yeah, chopper bikers are usually fat and mostly pathetic, I know some good guys though, but very hard to find.

Yep, everything about this whole Harley Davidson/chopper/whatever thing is a load of pathetic nonsense. Arrogant, selfish, intrusive and antisocial people who don't really care who they offend with their noisy, spluttering and hideous machines.

You might say that I find the Harley culture repugnant! That's true. There are several Canadians living close to me and one of these people, who has the personal qualities of a louse, is infatuated with his out-of-tune, unsilenced machine. My two-year old daughter thought that her young world had come to an end when this person started his ugly heap of chrome right beside her. :D:o

I left the show at 130am last night and it was chaos, unfortunatley there was one sad death already on friday in pattaya lets hope there is'nt more to follow. :D

The whole event was superb, thousands of visitors, best one i've seen in thailand so far in IMO. :D

Dave - reading all these judgemental postings on guys with big choppers - was it you I saw half-an-hour ago, leaving your house on a noisy two-wheeled machine? (Just after that down-pour that flooded the street) I thought you preferred the big truck?

Yup that was me :D (bike was equipped with a thunderheader for extra noise)

good one dave.... give em hel_l.....hahaha

Have to agree with the Guys who like English Bikes, when I was 19 I had a Triumph Bonnie..

I've never liked Harleys..

I currently,at 63 ride a Kawasaki Boss, reliable never lets me down..

When Artisan rightly complained about some inconsiderate person scaring the bejeese out of a two year old that is unforgivable..

However Artisan you lumped all bikers in one mass asking what they ever did for children..In Pattaya the Jesters do a hel_l of a lot of good in the community..

So I think a sweeping statement about Bikers is unkind..I'm in Phuket not ass with the jesters in any way but I admire their efforts..

Have to agree with the Guys who like English Bikes, when I was 19 I had a Triumph Bonnie..

When Artisan rightly complained about some inconsiderate person scaring the bejeese out of a two year old that is unforgivable..

However Artisan you lumped all bikers in one mass asking what they ever did for children..In Pattaya the Jesters do a hel_l of a lot of good in the community..

So I think a sweeping statement about Bikers is unkind..I'm in Phuket not ass with the jesters in any way but I admire their efforts..

Not really Little Black Duck. Specifically, I referred to the inconsiderate members of the Harley Davidson society, and its ilk, and their machines....usually people who are part-timers when it comes to living here. I'm older than you and I spent my 'twenties' riding big British bikes. I never owned or rode a Triumph Bonneville as I never liked twin motors or the upturned bath-tub that was part of the larger Triumphs' design. My first large bike was a 500c.c. BSA Gold Star and I followed that with the most handsome, best-engineered and best sounding big single that ever came out of the UK.....a 500c.c Velocette Venom Thruxton. The gentle thumping of the 500c.c. Venom engine was music.

I know that you will remember both machines.

Sure the Jesters do great things for the underprivileged kids...there's no doubt about that....but why do they have to do it so noisily?

My 1967 Velo-Venom:

post-3503-1163996664_thumb.jpg post-3503-1163996691_thumb.jpg

Not really Little Black Duck. Specifically, I referred to the inconsiderate members of the Harley Davidson society, and its ilk, and their machines....usually people who are part-timers when it comes to living here. I'm older than you and I spent my 'twenties' riding big British bikes. I never owned or rode a Triumph Bonneville as I never liked twin motors or the upturned bath-tub that was part of the larger Triumphs' design. My first large bike was a 500c.c. BSA Gold Star and I followed that with the most handsome, best-engineered and best sounding big single that ever came out of the UK.....a 500c.c Velocette Venom Thruxton. The gentle thumping of the 500c.c. Venom engine was music.

I know that you will remember both machines.

Sure the Jesters do great things for the underprivileged kids...there's no doubt about that....but why do they have to do it so noisily?

My 1967 Velo-Venom:

post-3503-1163996664_thumb.jpg post-3503-1163996691_thumb.jpg

Agree wholeheartedly, I'm older than you think..I had mates with the Gold Flashes and Gold Stars

I don't understand why "They" have to be so loud, thing I like about my "Boss" is its nice and quiet..

PS Not going to mention the clothing! or the Nazi helmets - what are they about :o

Cos' they're tuff - that's why. Tuff like Waffen SS Stormtroopers. That's why. NOT!.

Used to be that Brit Paras loved kicking the sh_t out of groups of Hells Angels (I've seen it happen).

Does this practice continue I wonder?.

As adult entertainment it beats watching Claude Van Dim movies. :D

I always liked big choppers too! :o
Hey, buckwheat, I've got big choppers like that, too! And my Austin-Healey 100/6 had a 283 Corvette V-8 engine. After I crashed that, I got the hottest Triumph twin, then another Triumph, then lots of Japanese sport bikes or sport/cruisers. Never wanted a Harley.

One year, travelling cross country on a Yamaha sport bike, I went to South Dakota. On August 7, when I crossed the state line, the lady at the store asked if I was going to the big Harley rally at Sturgis. I said, "No ma'm, I'd rather go to a gang rape, and I never go to those, either." I repented and went, probably the only Yamaha in Sturgis. There was one Italian bike, ridden by the Christian Motorcycle Association evangelist (Greg, not Herbie Sr. or Jr.). Nobody criticized my 'rice burner.'

On the way home, on a Sunday morning in a little Texas town, my alternator and battery died, and so did the electrical system of a Harley Sportster. The guy riding it wore full leathers and chains, serious Harley dude. Two weeks later he brought my Yamaha back to my house on a trailer, and I told the kid that was staying with me to expect this Harley dude. Kid comes back to my room and says, "Somebody is at the front door, but he ain't no Harley dude." There he was, the same guy, wearing Madras checked shorts and a polo shirt, with a Yuppie girlfriend named Buffy or Muffy. Same guy.

To each his own. Whatever floats your boat, whatever drives your ride. Enjoy. And say hi for me to Muffy. :D

Some people like bikes, some don't!

The ones that don't, don't care for the ones that do and i reckon that goes the other way also.

:o

Idon't have an issue with bikes everybody to their own, what I do have an issue with is forced invasion of my space, why on earth do these people feel the need to effectivly remove the exhaust pipe, why do the authorities let them away with the noise, if every car/bike owner did the same we would have one hel_l of a noisy city, so why do these few want to have and engine with no exhaust, including you Dave, get a muffler back in there and stop anoying everyone.............pretty childish if you ask me.

noise pollution

The ones that don't, don't care for the ones that do and i reckon that goes the other way also.

Idon't have an issue with bikes everybody to their own, what I do have an issue with is forced invasion of my space, why on earth do these people feel the need to effectivly remove the exhaust pipe, why do the authorities let them away with the noise, if every car/bike owner did the same we would have one hel_l of a noisy city, so why do these few want to have and engine with no exhaust, including you Dave, get a muffler back in there and stop anoying everyone.............pretty childish if you ask me.

noise pollution

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Harleys come without Mufflers, something about the engine, exhaust whatever, unfortunately..

I don't have an issue with bikes, everybody to their own, what I do have an issue with is forced invasion of my space, why on earth do these people feel the need to effectively remove the exhaust pipe, why do the authorities let them away with the noise, if every car/bike owner did the same we would have one hel_l of a noisy city, so why do these few want to have and engine with no exhaust, including you Dave, get a muffler back in there and stop annoying everyone.............pretty childish if you ask me.

noise pollution

Well said Gharknes. Not only is it a forced invasion of my space also, it imposes an <deleted> big nuisance and compromises the quality of my life and others lives. It's juvenile isn't it?...and I like motor bikes also. If you don't believe me have a look at my previous post. Get a life you selfish people.

Edited by Artisan

noise pollution

Dave, get a muffler back in there and stop anoying everyone

No :D

Harleys are naturally loud bikes, ok after market pipes are louder than standard pipes but most are muffled already.

Remember-

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES. :o

Harleys are naturally loud bikes, ok after market pipes are louder than standard pipes but most are muffled already.

Remember-

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES. :o

Dave, I'm trying not to argue, but I'll challenge you on that one. Where's the evidence that loud pipes save lives - common sense? Statistics? The Hurt Report?

Harleys have HORNS, you know. Do H-D bikes locate the horn button underneath the taillight? You can buy a louder horn, too.

Can we come into your home after you're asleep, and play your least favorite music at 120 decibels? Can we sit next to you at the restaurant and shout very, very loud? C'mon.

Harleys are not naturally loud. They are mechanical products with a distinctive rumble tone that none of the Japanese bikes ever copied well. Harleys don't have to be loud; that's inexcusable.

Maybe loud pipes kill people who jump out of the way and run over a child.

Whatever you ride. Enjoy it :o Biking in Thailand, particularly on the Islands is one of my most enjoyable pass-times. Seems to me this thread has become a Brits Vs Americans engineering pissing match. I am Australian and we love anything with an engine that goes fast or looks good. :D So to all of the great bikes and cars I have seen on this thread....enjoy what you ride or drive!!!!!

Remember-

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES. :D

Dave, I'm trying not to argue, but I'll challenge you on that one. Where's the evidence that loud pipes save lives - common sense? Statistics? The Hurt Report?

Harleys have HORNS, you know. Do H-D bikes locate the horn button underneath the taillight? You can buy a louder horn, too.

Can we come into your home after you're asleep, and play your least favorite music at 120 decibels? Can we sit next to you at the restaurant and shout very, very loud? C'mon.

Harleys are not naturally loud. They are mechanical products with a distinctive rumble tone that none of the Japanese bikes ever copied well. Harleys don't have to be loud; that's inexcusable.

Maybe loud pipes kill people who jump out of the way and run over a child.

Blimey :o

Harleys you'll find are louder than your average bike and their standard engine size is bigger than your average bike along with the fact that they have 2 cylinders which are normally louder than the 4 cylinder bikes but as said they can be silenced a bit.

As for my comment-

Sticker_LoudPipes.jpg

pipes.JPG

Its a saying.

actually out of the box harley come with mufflers, stupid people take them out because they think it's cool, I ride a 1100cc honda and it's as quiet as a car, get a life guys and give all some peace

every time i hear/see one of these my thought is "what a stupid phucker"

actually out of the box harley come with mufflers, stupid people take them out because they think it's cool, I ride a 1100cc honda and it's as quiet as a car, get a life guys and give all some peace

I did say that they were muffled.

Do you dress like a power ranger whilst your riding your Honda 1100? :o (Blackbird i presume?)

Do you dress like a power ranger whilst your riding your Honda 1100? :o (Blackbird i presume?)

I wear a dress.............what difference does it make, i enjoy my bike without anoying others

Dave are you heading to chaingmai ?

Years ago, I was standing in the Yamaha dealership in south Austin, idly looking at a new Virago 1000 in the showroom. This bigger, older, fat dude standing next to me says, "If it doesn't shake, it's not a chopper." I thought, "How stupid. You actually enjoy being shaken and stirred like a martini, your hands going numb, your butt sore, your back curved like a new moon, having to keep your thumb on the turn signal button because it's not automatic, paying exorbitant purchase and insurance prices....I don't think so." I said nothing, because I don't get in fights.

and the harley rider thinks the same when he see,s a jap bike.... horses for course... this issue of exhausts is now apain in the wrist not ears...

and the harley rider thinks the same when he see,s a jap bike.... horses for course... this issue of exhausts is now apain in the wrist not ears...

Right, shaunmiller, the issue is now mainly about loud exhausts, which are not exclusively franchised by Harleys. You can blame Mars Bonfire, the song writer for "Easy Rider" who coined the term "heavy metal" in 'Born to be Wild." I think he wrote, "heavy metal thunder." Or, blame Peter Fonda and Jack Nicholson and that other freaky dude.

Right, shaunmiller, the issue is now mainly about loud exhausts, which are not exclusively franchised by Harleys. You can blame Mars Bonfire, the song writer for "Easy Rider" who coined the term "heavy metal" in 'Born to be Wild." I think he wrote, "heavy metal thunder." Or, blame Peter Fonda and Jack Nicholson and that other freaky dude.

Dennis Hopper?

Edited by Buckwheat

Do you dress like a power ranger whilst your riding your Honda 1100? :D (Blackbird i presume?)

I wear a dress.............what difference does it make, i enjoy my bike without anoying others

Dave are you heading to chaingmai ?

I'm bikeless at the moment. :D

and my mums coming to stay so unfortunatley not. :o