Irish Tourist 'bottled' Within 24 Hours On Phuket

webfact

better on his head (hair will grow over) than in his face, where their he would be scarved for life...

what is it with all those low lifes... either thai or farang

It does seem a little inefficient, if someone plans to render himself essentially unconscious from the 23rd December through the New Year, to go to the expense of travelling to Thailand. Surely if the whole time will be lost to memory anyway you may as well stay at home and get coshed by your own "friends."

"he would be scarved for life..."

More than likely he's been cravated more times that he can remember.

Give it a break.Drunken brawls happens everywhere in the world.This is not news at all coffee1.gif ...................

What a totally idiotic reply? I take it you find this sort of thing quite acceptable...I dont i find it unacceptable in any tourist resort in Thailand

Not only isn't it acceptable in any tourist resort in Thailand, it shouldn't be considered acceptable anywhere. If I had my way he would be treated for his injuries then put on the first flight out of the country with a minimum 10 year ban from coming back. If there was some way he could be banned from travelling anywhere else in the world that wouldn't hurt either.

Unfortunately it is probably too late to fine his parents for failing to bring him up to be a polite, respectful, worthwhile member of society.

Welcome to Thailand !!! Look's like one pissed up mouth peace bumped into another and this is the result .This guy is probably more upset he didn't get the bottle in first rather than not having any trouble at all .. What do we expect when these are the sort of tourist that thailand is now aiming at . This type of drunken brawls are becoming all to often in the so called Land of Smiles !!! Very Sad !!!

So this guy is a scumbag having picked a fight with another scumbag. And Thailand is actively aiming to attract more scumbags.

And apparently you didn't witness the altercation or assault, but have already deduced that the injured party wanted get a bottle into the face of the other person involved.

And where exactly were you sitting when you shared the results of your detective work?

• Like 1

Give it a break.Drunken brawls happens everywhere in the world.This is not news at all coffee1.gif ...................

What a totally idiotic reply? I take it you find this sort of thing quite acceptable...I dont i find it unacceptable in any tourist resort in Thailand

Not only isn't it acceptable in any tourist resort in Thailand, it shouldn't be considered acceptable anywhere. If I had my way he would be treated for his injuries then put on the first flight out of the country with a minimum 10 year ban from coming back. If there was some way he could be banned from travelling anywhere else in the world that wouldn't hurt either.

Unfortunately it is probably too late to fine his parents for failing to bring him up to be a polite, respectful, worthwhile member of society.

So, another judgement is passed despite the complete lack of details about the incident. All that is known form the report is that a drunk person has been bottled.

And in your higher opinion, the injured party ought to be deported and banned for 10 yrs.

Am I alone in thinking that it would be more prudent to reserve judgement until some more of the facts are established? It is utter unintelligent drivel to speculate about the persons involved or the events leading to the incident, before having knowledge of the persons involved, and the events leading to the incident.

How is your IQ Sir?

• Like 1

as long as no innocents were injured im past caring ...the behaviour of some people in this place is amazing ...how dare they think they can just behave like animals and not be smashed ...the other night in walking street a guy deliberately burnt a girl with a cigarette ....

I work at a bar almost every night. People don't realize the carnage one beer bottle to the head can do to a person. I saw a huge security contractor on leave from Iraq, get whacked over the head by a little dude half his size (he was grabbing the little dude's Thai GF's butt). He had big chunks of glass sticking out of his head. One of those heavy glass beer mugs with a handle is even worse.

Solution: Wear a helmet while you monger, or just try not to be a douche while in LOS. Generally, nice people don't get whacked over the head with a beer bottle for no reason. Just sayin....

• Like 1

Give it a break II.My reply was to a now deleted post suggesting that this incident is something that is bound happen once you arrive in Phuket,hence my reply coffee1.gif .

fixed the quote but not the double negative

If I had my way he would be treated for his injuries then put on the first flight out of the country with a minimum 10 year ban from coming back. If there was some way he could be banned from travelling anywhere else in the world that wouldn't hurt either.

Wow Sean, do you come from a country where it is customary to blame the victim. Even if you are also Irish we might understand your anger at being associated, but we don't know enough about this incident to know whether he was partly or totally innocent.

Ho ho ho....did it happen inside or outside of the designated " Safety Zone " I wonder !!!!?

-mancub-

So, you suggest,

all Bars, Discos and drinking holes in and around the safety zone are only allowed to give out all drinks in "plastic cups" and

all shops, 7/11 and Family Markets ect. in and around the safety zone are only allowed to sale drinks in Plastic bottles.

Possible?tongue.png

Same at some Football-Soccer matches in Europe. wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Welcome to Thailand !!! Look's like one pissed up mouth peace bumped into another and this is the result .This guy is probably more upset he didn't get the bottle in first rather than not having any trouble at all .. What do we expect when these are the sort of tourist that thailand is now aiming at . This type of drunken brawls are becoming all to often in the so called Land of Smiles !!! Very Sad !!!

didnt i read the last irish drunk was chased into the sea and drowned so he ok but we dont know the fact here he maybe an innocent man or did he upset a thai the thing that gets me is the guy who done it run off what a coward

Wow... excellent piece of divination. Crime solved Of course you had some clues... everyone knows that him being an Irishman, he was obviously spoiling for a fight from the moment he landed. It is not possible that he was a peaceful drunk who was attacked without provocation.

By the way, this is not the sort of tourist Thailand is aiming at. The TAT policy is to promote to Russians, Chinese and Middle Easterners.

Well looking at the main clue i.e the picture does say a lot . Pissed up holiday maker stood in the middle of the street with blood squirting out of his head smiling for photos .. Just an average night out !!

And do people really walk around smacking peaceful drunks over the head with bottles with out provocation .In what i wrote could of been referring to the attacker been the sort of people that Thailand is attracting ..

As far as being from Ireland doesn't make much difference but in saying that you don't read many report of things like this happing to Chinese tourist on a night out in Thailand do we ..

anyone who think eastern europens and russian are better then irish better think again they are the russian rubbish i never heared of the irish mafia but have russian and they have no manners at all treat thai people like trash

didnt i read the last irish drunk was chased into the sea and drowned so he ok but we dont know the fact here he maybe an innocent man or did he upset a thai the thing that gets me is the guy who done it run off what a coward

That was an Englishman

• Like 1

yea...thailand is aiming for drunken brawler tourists... blink.png

A typical night out in Patong with the typical greeting from the Thais there. You do not need to be drunk or obnoxious to be treated this way, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Too many drug and alcohol fueled Thais around Bangla, that is before you meet all the other crooks, scammers etc. I have avoided it for years.