Is An Outgoing Ticket Still Necessary?

Hi, I haven't been to the LOS for a while, but I was talking to someone in a pub, who was going to Thailand on a single ticket, ( he had an O visa ), he said it wasn't necessary anymore to have a booked return flight, which I always thought was illegal under Thai law. I'm coming over later in the year myself, intending to get the same visa, but I asked at Hull and I ended up more confused than before I phoned them !! Can anyone simplify what the rules are ? I would prefer an open ended return ( to England), it's a lot cheaper to buy a single ticket than a long stay return one.

Hi, I haven't been to the LOS for a while, but I was talking to someone in a pub, who was going to Thailand on a single ticket, ( he had an O visa ), he said it wasn't necessary anymore to have a booked return flight, which I always thought was illegal under Thai law. I'm coming over later in the year myself, intending to get the same visa, but I asked at Hull and I ended up more confused than before I phoned them !! Can anyone simplify what the rules are ? I would prefer an open ended return ( to England), it's a lot cheaper to buy a single ticket than a long stay return one.
See here.

--------------

Maestro

See here.

--------------

Maestro

Maestro excellent Government resource! - This site is concise and to the point about what they need & expect for visa processing - If they would have included their application forms it would have been perfect...

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/visas1.asp

With a visa no return ticket is required.

I almost never have an outgoing ticket. I just enter on 30-day stamps and be sure to leave before it expires.

I've only had a problem coming from Australia. They seem to do everything by the book. Without a real visa, they aren't allowed to let you into Thailand without an out-going ticket.

Now I keep an outgoing ticket on my person when I'm flying into BKK, just in case. Then I just continue changing the date of departure.