Welcome To New Members - 2556/2013

Tywais

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone and Forum mates, I am Italian now working in Thailand since about 2 years but have been travelling to the LOS sonce many years now , I think I'll find the Forum useful for information, news, chats and making new friends in my situation, bye all for now, Nico

Hi all...

Another newb onboard with you now...

Looking to learn a bit and contribute some also here... looking to transplant myself from here to Thailand in the next few months... wonderful country and people... hope to a part of it all!

Welcome friend..welcomeani.gifwelcomeani.gif

hi all my name is pablo i live in thailand with my wife in chiwuuk!!!, 1hour from korat and lovin it!!!,im a ex pro blues harp player so am very intrested in members of same ilk, (musos) thats it thanks, oh yea i did try pattaya addicts . com but think its full of retards!! your site seems to have a better class of person or persons thanks pablo.

give it time pablo..give it time..welcomeani.gif

Intro from Onemore,

Good evening to everyone on the Forum,

I have been looking here for the last couple of months, so thought it about time I introduced myself.

I work offshore and have been working around Asia for the last twenty years, give or take. After spending time touring Vietnam and Cambodia on my time off I reckon that Thailand is the best of the places I have visitited.

Am currently offshore so am spending my spare time looking for somewhere to call "home", so I reckon on my next time off I will just be looking around, trying to find somewhere.

After staying in Pattaya, Phuket, Hua Hin and a few out of the way places for extended periods of time I still haven't found what I am looking for, so will just keep looking.

Thanks in advance to you all for any information that you may give to me the "newbie".

Cheers,

Onemore

• Like 1

Hello!

Just bought a 1 bedroom suite Condo in Koh Samui near Fisherman's village.

Going on my second week here and loving it.

Sighed up for Thai Language classes, with ED visa.

Saving now for the Retirement Visa.

17 years on Japan

Fluent in reading writing speaking Japanese

7 years in Hong Kong

Infant level of speaking Cantonese and Mandarin.

Left American at the age of 28 in 1989 and have not gone back ever since.

Well, of course to visit family.

Now buying things for the place and exploring the Island.

Hope to meet friends here.

Cheers!

Man you had an very interesting life so far :)

Im also moving to Thailand in December 2013.

Good Luck in Samui wai.gif

Hi Everybody.

I'm from Sweden. moving to Thailand ín December 2013.

I said that I would never be back here!

I usually visit every year and stay around 3 months.

during my last visit I didn't like Phuket, Pattaya and Samui(Talking about the most touristic areas, such as around Patong and Walking street)

I used to like those kind of places many years ago. But after a couple of visits it just became so artificial false. like you were a bionic-walking-ATM-machine(I guess we are clap2.gif)

I'm not talking about the girls only. 99% Thais in general who work in the areas I mentioned. Anyway I said to myself that I had enough of this. Thai food is good, but The World is big. No need to come back. But then I heard of a nice place outside Hua Hin named: "Cha Am" really nice and beautiful. really great atmosphere. The people there have not become that pushy yet.

97% of Tourists retired westerners, but I started to regain that lost Thai vacation feeling again. Renting motorbike driving around outside the fishing villages. see the boats, chatting with Burmese Fishermen, made fire relaxing at the beach with friendly people in the evening.

Around Cha Am(Motorbike distance) were a great fishing pool. huge pools. you could fish any kind of fish. fresh water, salt water fish, some huge as small dolphins.

A lot of things in this beautiful place: What I really mean is: everyone I met in this medium/smaller tourist places were friendly to me(from the 7-eleven girl, motorbike rent guy to the Isa-an restaurant guy. even invited me to Korat city after 2 times eating there(I never went)

I'm moving to Thailand this time. my GF wants to live in Chon Buri, Bang Saen. I visited that place last New Year. it was all right, you still get a true Thai Beach Society feeling.

I think it will change soon. many start to discover this place. I liked the Beach. But the water"Lets say if you want to live in that paradise blue postcard dream" in Bang Saen you will have the palm trees and sandy long beach vew. but the water is more like Pattays water.

I would rather live on the other side of BKK beach. But its OK, Geographical key spot. close to BKK and Airport and Pattaya.

Soon the highway from BKK to Rayong will be built.

Anybody Living around Chon Buri and Bang Saen who are open to meet new friends. Thai, Western, Eastern doesn't mater.

I'm not much of a drinker. I like muay thai, enjoy life, and adventures. I've reached a point in my life where it's the little things that matter.

Cheers

Mangosteen1 wai.gif

• Like 1

Intro from Onemore,

Good evening to everyone on the Forum,

I have been looking here for the last couple of months, so thought it about time I introduced myself.

I work offshore and have been working around Asia for the last twenty years, give or take. After spending time touring Vietnam and Cambodia on my time off I reckon that Thailand is the best of the places I have visitited.

Am currently offshore so am spending my spare time looking for somewhere to call "home", so I reckon on my next time off I will just be looking around, trying to find somewhere.

After staying in Pattaya, Phuket, Hua Hin and a few out of the way places for extended periods of time I still haven't found what I am looking for, so will just keep looking.

Thanks in advance to you all for any information that you may give to me the "newbie".

Cheers,

Onemore

Check a place named: Cha Am, close to Hua Hin. I really liked it beautiful and nice feeling. not pushy people yet very relaxing. Good Luck and hope you find what you are looking for thumbsup.gif

Hi. Im a noob here. I work for a company in Australia where 90% of our product comes from our factory in Chon Buri. I'll be moving over there for 12 months soon to better understand the intricacies of the factory operations and develop closer communications with our suppliers... all on my Australian salary smile.png Got a million questions to ask about living there, but ill try and see what i can find first before flooding anything with rehashed questions.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi JhonnyQuid im a noob here too. moving to Chon Buri with my girl friend in the end of this year. I wish you all the best wai.gif

hello everyone ! Jackson from Singapore. Decided to join this forum after my recent Thailand trip to pattaya and bangkok. I must say it's a late decision as previously I had visited Thailand several times. Thailand's a nice place to be in, people are friendly. How I wish I can work or live in Thailand. Yep.

hi guys im a noobie here from the united kingdom :)

Im going travelling next year cant wait :) starting in thailand then off to Australia.

i need to sort out my visa for visiting thailand ive got a big trip planned but not sure if ill have enough days on my visa to enjoy it all :/.

can someone point me in the right direction not sure where i should be posting stuff like that.

cheers guys L

Hello Everyone,

New to registering on this forum, but I have been reading public threads on it for quite some time.

I hail from Canada, have made a few visits to Thailand over the past few years, and will soon be retiring and hope to settle there.

Really looking forward to the help I can find here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, just registered but I've been a regular reader for the last two years. After a long and exhausting working life I decided to retire early, while still healthy and fit, and before turning into a wreck. Arrived in Chiang Mai 4 weeks ago, and enjoying it tremendously thus far. Hope to be sufficiently thick-skinned to endure the cynicism and ferocity of some of the members.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, just registered but I've been a regular reader for the last two years. After a long and exhausting working life I decided to retire early, while still healthy and fit, and before turning into a wreck. Arrived in Chiang Mai 4 weeks ago, and enjoying it tremendously thus far. Hope to be sufficiently thick-skinned to endure the cynicism and ferocity of some of the members.

Congratulations on your early retirement.

And welcomesmile.png.

• Like 1

Hi Suckers? Can I call u Suckers? :-)

In thailand for 4 years... I will. Not go back to Europe to be Sucked by government crooks.

I filled up my pocket with $.... Now I M relax....

I wont do any business. Why should I run a business and take the risk to lose My money? You want a job? Go to USA.... :-)

Just relax in Los and watch other to struggle in their lousy life of tax payers. :-)

I find its always easier to bait others if youre at least competent in their language.

Hi Suckers? Can I call u Suckers? :-)

In thailand for 4 years... I will. Not go back to Europe to be Sucked by government crooks.

I filled up my pocket with $.... Now I M relax....

I wont do any business. Why should I run a business and take the risk to lose My money? You want a job? Go to USA.... :-)

Just relax in Los and watch other to struggle in their lousy life of tax payers. :-)

I find its always easier to bait others if youre at least competent in their language.

Don't worry about that member. They've left for greener pastures...already! thumbsup.gif

I have read this forum before. I registered so that I could post a comment and question about how to deal with mosquito bites in Thailand, which I have found to be more serious than being bitten in other places I have been. Then, I also posted a question about how to speak the Thai language to a native speaker, and to be taken seriously, and not bore the native speakers here too much. So far, I have not been successful.

Of course, if I were rich, then I could just tell everyone where I had secreted 30 grand USD, and am sure they would seriously listen, seriously.

I am enjoying it here, both on the forum and in this land.

The only thing I question is my sanity for not coming years ago. I do hope it is not too late for me to enjoy all the pursuits, taste all the goodness, feel the true warmth of the people of Thailand.

Prick me, I hope I am not dreaming. It is heaven here. Bye.

I mean, Hello.

• Like 1

"It is heaven here. Bye.

I mean, Hello."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HBZ8ulc5NTg#t=108

It has Really been bugging me, that I had, two days ago, written two sentences here that sounded like I had written them before, even though I had not. Now, after a few sleeplessnights in Thailand, I discovered to my shaggrin that I had copied the Beetles who are infamous for copying everything else, how else could they sing so beautifully.

And then, I had a listen, not for pleasure, and I was mildly impressed with the lyrics, regarding how they might be used here on this topic to further its appeal in all places of Thailand, and abroad to the readers who are thinking of coming to Thailand.

Therefore I would like to make a formal re-quest here that this Beetles Musac, "Hello Goodbye", or 'Heba, heba hello' as once referred to, be used as the Official 'Replying to Welcome To New Members' topic team music.

"Hello Goodbye" is in the key of C Major and in 4/4 time."

Please feel free where to put it. And, I think it might provide a chuckle or two for those of us who are obviously too young to remember these things.

Now it is back to sleep to get some rest. You would not believe how easily something like this can work against you when you are trying to get some sleep, and no wonder I have had about 5 hours in the last 48 hours wakefulness.

Heba, Heba Hello

Indeed