Thai-Cambodian Single Visa To Commence Thursday

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens to permanent residence holders and Thai passport holders?

Thai passport holders can visit just as it is was, just as PR holders and holders of non-immigrant visa (extensions) can. Nothing changes for them.

The scheme only relates to tourist visa's and maybe visa exempt entries.

Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post.

Wow. Incredible. Anyone want to volunteer to go over to Suk Soi 23 and explain to them what an internet is?

• Like 1

Thai passport holders do not require visas to travel either to Cambodia or any ASEAN countries.

Permanent residence holders still require a visa to enter Cambodia.

Well it says one visa for both, but your saying its not so and I, as a resident visa and multiple entry holder --the prime number one visa you can have will need another visa. So what is this one vise for both about then.

It did not say on my screen tourist visa only?

Thai passport holders do not require visas to travel either to Cambodia or any ASEAN countries.

Permanent residence holders still require a visa to enter Cambodia.

Well it says one visa for both, but your saying its not so and I, as a resident visa and multiple entry holder --the prime number one visa you can have will need another visa. So what is this one vise for both about then.

Read the articles again. The words "tourist", "tourism" and "visitors" are mentioned repeatedly. This development has nothing to do with permanent residents or Thai citizens.

And recently just changed the number of 15 day Visa Exemptions one can get in a 180 day period to 3. (I believe)

Whoa! That one is new. When did that start?

At a guess, about 2-3 weeks ago. Do a search.

No such policy change has been announced or has been reported.

This visa scheme is for people planning a trip to Thailand and Cambodia as tourists. They be able to get a visa that allows them to travel to both countries without bothering with getting 2 visas.

For those that are here already on visas, extensions of stay, PR and etc. it will mean that you will still need to get a Cambodian visa every time you go there.

And recently just changed the number of 15 day Visa Exemptions one can get in a 180 day period to 3. (I believe)

Whoa! That one is new. When did that start?

At a guess, about 2-3 weeks ago. Do a search.

No such policy change has been announced or has been reported.

It has, right here on Thai Visa.

I'm not sure we're getting this right, the simplest way to implement this system is simply for both countries (or in future 4x) to agree that if you have a valid visa for either you can move freely between them - valid visa pass on through sir - stamp stamp, VOA must apply for visa in country you wish to visit

could it be that simple ?

Update on single Visa:

The single visa allows 60 day stay in Thailand and 30 days in Cambodia.

When you travel to Thailand you cna leave Thailand and get a 30 day stay in Cambodia. You will have to pay for the entry into Cambodia.

Likewise, if you Travel from abroad to Cambodia, you get a stay of 30 days and can travel to Thailand and get a tourist visa at the border for 1,000 baht with a stay of 60 days. The visa is in the form of a sticker you will get at the border.

If you apply for the single visa, both countries need to aprove the visa.

In Thai: http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/files/services-20120628-021827-781450.pdf

I entered cambodia on dec 23th via Had Lek, came back to muang thai 4 days later. Got another 3 months ( I have Non Immigrant O).

Paid ZERO DOLLAR to cambodian customs when entering Cambodia AND when I checked out !!!!!!!!

X-mas present????? New Policy??? Good luck??????

I confess I absolutely do not understand these visa situations. Does it mean that if I have a Thai retirement visa Cambodia will pass me through Immigration without putting that whole page stick on stamp in my passport??

I know that those who understand the visa thing are not confused by these new visa rules, but me total confusion.

I have never had a peoblem with a visa ever in asia as I have traveled to most of the countries, but now I will have to wing it again when the situation arises.

I just donot like the Combodian stick stamp that takes up the whole page in my passport, I just want to know if that wil be discontinued under these new rules.

I confess I absolutely do not understand these visa situations. Does it mean that if I have a Thai retirement visa Cambodia will pass me through Immigration without putting that whole page stick on stamp in my passport??

I know that those who understand the visa thing are not confused by these new visa rules, but me total confusion.

I have never had a peoblem with a visa ever in asia as I have traveled to most of the countries, but now I will have to wing it again when the situation arises.

I just donot like the Combodian stick stamp that takes up the whole page in my passport, I just want to know if that wil be discontinued under these new rules.

No, it is for tourist only.

For peoplelike you, on an extension of stay, nothing changes. You would need a re-entry permit and a visa for Cambodia.

Hi all,

I am currently in Thailand on a 3 entry tourist visa (3 * 60 days). The first entry was used when I entered at the start of October 2012. I then extended it after 60 days (Dec 1st) for 30 days. The extension was due to expire on 31st December (today).

I too was worried that the new rules would effect my plans to do a visa run. Event the reading around on here got me thinking maybe I would have to go to Laos!

I can confirm that NOTHING has changed for existing visa holders. I did my first visa run as countless others have done. So today I went to Chom, paid my 1000b for the Cambodian visa, went shopping for 1 hour then came back to Thailand and got my second 60 day stamp.

EXISTING TOURIST VISA HOLDERS can therefore do their visa run as before. NOTHING has changed for them.

I DID IT TODAY. So to all who are unsure, don't sweat it! Do your visa runs as plans. Nothing has changed regarding existing visa holders. You may even get it all done for just the 1000b visa fee.

I know some of you know this already however I was very unsure of the situation last night so thought I would reply to all and let you know of my experience as of today.

Regards,

Mike

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum.

The article (or very similar) also appears on the Phnom Penh Post website.

Since it seems to be the same publisher, and I don‘t want to make the same mistake, I‘m not (yet) placing a link.

Are links to PP Post permitted here?

Jan

• Like 1

Hi all,

I am currently in Thailand on a 3 entry tourist visa (3 * 60 days). The first entry was used when I entered at the start of October 2012. I then extended it after 60 days (Dec 1st) for 30 days. The extension was due to expire on 31st December (today).

I too was worried that the new rules would effect my plans to do a visa run. Event the reading around on here got me thinking maybe I would have to go to Laos!

I can confirm that NOTHING has changed for existing visa holders. I did my first visa run as countless others have done. So today I went to Chom, paid my 1000b for the Cambodian visa, went shopping for 1 hour then came back to Thailand and got my second 60 day stamp.

EXISTING TOURIST VISA HOLDERS can therefore do their visa run as before. NOTHING has changed for them.

I DID IT TODAY. So to all who are unsure, don't sweat it! Do your visa runs as plans. Nothing has changed regarding existing visa holders. You may even get it all done for just the 1000b visa fee.

I know some of you know this already however I was very unsure of the situation last night so thought I would reply to all and let you know of my experience as of today.

Regards,

Mike

1.000 baht for a Cambodian visa? That's new!

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum.

The article (or very similar) also appears on the Phnom Penh Post website.

Since it seems to be the same publisher, and I don‘t want to make the same mistake, I‘m not (yet) placing a link.

Are links to PP Post permitted here?

Jan

Feel free to link to PP Post.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi all,

Regards,

Mike

Is it? What do you think the 30 day Cambodian visa on arrival should cost (in THB)? From what I have read online (the official website and this forum) it costs US $20 or 1000b (hence the 1000b scam - you are better off paying the $20!). However I didn't have $20 nor was I given the option so I just paid the 1000b as that is the currency I had to hand.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Regards,

Mike

Is it? What do you think the 30 day Cambodian visa on arrival should cost (in THB)? From what I have read online (the official website and this forum) it costs US $20 or 1000b (hence the 1000b scam - you are better off paying the $20!). However I didn't have $20 nor was I given the option so I just paid the 1000b as that is the currency I had to hand.

Sarcasm, my friend.

The price is 20 dollars, about 620 baht.

You were lucky to pay only 1.000 baht, normally it is 1.300.

Unless of course you forgot to mention the exit fee.

Hi all,

Regards,

Mike

Sarcasm, my friend.

The price is 20 dollars, about 620 baht.

You were lucky to pay only 1.000 baht, normally it is 1.300.

Unless of course you forgot to mention the exit fee.

lol my bad it was lost on me.

dam_n... i didn't realise the $ and b difference was that much! And yes you are spot on mate there was, as they put it, a 300b 'stamp in stamp out'.

• Like 1

most of the land borders like Poi Pet, Koh Kong, Pailin will NOT accept the $20 billand ask./tell u to pay 1,000 baht even though there is a sign stating its $20.

If u have a few other visas in ur passport for camboidia they will sometimes let ya in. Or if u stick aoruhd for 30 minutes to an hour

Look at ur 1,000 baht camboida visa, bet ya it says $20 biggrin.png

Exit fee?? never heard or paid for that and i do 3-4 trips to Cambodia /year via land and air

Edited by phuketrichard

most of the land borders like Poi Pet, Koh Kong, Pailin will NOT accept the $20 billand ask./tell u to pay 1,000 baht even though there is a sign stating its $20.

If u have a few other visas in ur passport for camboidia they will sometimes let ya in. Or if u stick aoruhd for 30 minutes to an hour

Look at ur 1,000 baht camboida visa, bet ya it says $20 biggrin.png

Exit fee?? never heard or paid for that and i do 3-4 trips to Cambodia /year via land and air

same experience here but I insisted it was $20 and I didn't have 1kbaht then they wanted $30 they eventually accepted the $20 reluctantly and I gave them 100baht tip lol

• Like 1

I have been crossing the border for years. No exit fee unless departing from airport. If you are paying 1000bht at border crossing then you are a push over,don't let them bully you. I like this new Thai/Cambo visa,think it is great.

I have been crossing the border for years. No exit fee unless departing from airport. If you are paying 1000bht at border crossing then you are a push over,don't let them bully you. I like this new Thai/Cambo visa,think it is great.

It is great if you make one entry in each country, ie arrive in Cambodia and leave from Thailand or vice-versa, for example a so-called open jaw flight.

A push over?

Pushed over by a uniformed criminal that has my passport in his hands?

Please inform me how you deal with that?

Or perhaps you do your visa runs with a company that takes care of everything = including extortion payment?

And now back to topic,

I wonder how the extortionists will react to this new visa .

Extra charge for staying overnight in Kampuchea?

Edited by nidieunimaitre