Where To Buy Motorbike Accessories In Bangkok?

robitusson

Where is there a good motorbike accessories shop in Bangkok with a good selection of helmets and one that will take an order for a specific helmet? Alternatively what online sites are there that sell helmets that will deliver to Thailand? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There's a shop called "Paddock". It's on Rachadapisek Road, just past the Huai Khwang MRT station/intersection, on the left side heading north. It's part of a big building that has restaurants/massage/ karaoke/clinics etc.

I think you'll find what you want there.

Paddock is probably the best.

I heard from friends that paddock is selling helmets that where not approved due to QC problems. Somewhow they get them in from Japan and sell them against 50% discount.

But they do sell lots of other accesories! But also have a look at Red Baron (Ramkamheang) or Siam Superbike(Ekkamai).

Red Baron is great for second hand parts as the have huge stock in the back of there shop!

Where is there a good motorbike accessories shop in Bangkok with a good selection of helmets and one that will take an order for a specific helmet? Alternatively what online sites are there that sell helmets that will deliver to Thailand? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I use Fast Corner in Bkk for my helmets.

They deliver & the prices are much cheaper than Oz.

Check out their website

http://www.fastcorner.co.th/

They also have a shop in Chiang Mai at Panthip Plaza, if you are in Cnx.

Re Paddock.

I'd be very wary about buying some of their el cheapo Shoei helmets. Ive checked them out & whilst the shell (& graphics) look like the real thing, I aint so sure about the lining / interior. Just compare an el cheap 8,000 baht special to a "ridgey didge" 20,000 baht plus Shoei in the same shop & it is obvious that something is not quite right. Make your own asessment, but don't get conned into thinking you're getting a full on top of the range Shoei for a mere 8,000 baht.

For me stick to Arai & "you can't go wrong."

Edited by davidgtr

Check out their website

Re Paddock.

I'd be very wary about buying some of their el cheapo Shoei helmets. Ive checked them out & whilst the shell (& graphics) look like the real thing, I aint so sure about the lining / interior. Just compare an el cheap 8,000 baht special to a "ridgey didge" 20,000 baht plus Shoei in the same shop & it is obvious that something is not quite right. Make your own asessment, but don't get conned into thinking you're getting a full on top of the range Shoei for a mere 8,000 baht.

For me stick to Arai & "you can't go wrong."

I have seem some of the cheaper "Shoei's" sold at paddock and the linings have fallen apart in a matter of 2/3 weeks, now thats not normal Shoei. Either its very old stock or I suspect they are Shoei copies or a rebuild. Of course any redress or refund is out of the question.

Check out their website

Thanks for the info. I had a look at the website but the English version isn't working. What's the address of this shop in Bangkok?

I need a new helmet to replace the two Nolans that are either too old or were in a wreck. Nolan is the only non-BMW maker I've ever known with a swing-up chin bar, so you don't have to take your glasses on and off (to you Brits, those are 'spectacles' and you can make a spectacle of yourself putting your eyeglasses on and off with most other helmets).

So, my best friend can have Dennis Kirk .com mail one of their closeout helmets to his house in the USA, and bring it to me in Shanghai. Some closeout models (series N100E) are below US$190. I know my size (XL).

Do you think I'd do better having him bring the helmet over to Asia, rather than taking my chance that I'm not getting a good helmet for less than 8,000 baht in Bangkok?

Parts availability.

An Italian named Valentino Rossi wears a Nolan when he wins MotoGP races. That's good enough for me.

The old shoei helmets in paddock come from returns from all round the world, they seem to have some deal where they get crate loads of helmets that have hit the 5 yr mark and are sent back. A thai friend found out some insider info, one batch of RFR helmets they had came from Mexico!

Personally I wouldnt buy a helmet from Thailand period, but if you have to, stay away from Paddock. I would rather buy bike gear from Singapore. I think you will find Siam superbike brings in helmets from Australia, so at least you are guaranteed of standards. The date codes are always printed inside on the labels, take a look at Paddocks stock, you will get a shock! :o

Check out their website

Thanks for the info. I had a look at the website but the English version isn't working. What's the address of this shop in Bangkok?

Looks like you're right there too - the English page is not yet up.

I'm In Pakxe, S Laos right now so cant help with the address. But if you have buy a Thai bike mag, then look for a Fast Corner advert, as they usually advertize in the good bike mags. Hope this is a help.

Apart from the expat's "favourite" Siam Superbike (& Paddock), another shop I found good for accessory gear was Riders Club, off Silom. Again check out the Thai bike mags & look out for an advert to get the address.

• 1 year later...

Check out their website

Looks like you're right there too - the English page is not yet up.

I'm In Pakxe, S Laos right now so cant help with the address. But if you have buy a Thai bike mag, then look for a Fast Corner advert, as they usually advertize in the good bike mags. Hope this is a help.

Apart from the expat's "favourite" Siam Superbike (& Paddock), another shop I found good for accessory gear was Riders Club, off Silom. Again check out the Thai bike mags & look out for an advert to get the address.

If anyone's still looking the address on the website is 396/14-15 Narathiwatrachanakarin Road. That is Chongnonsi skytrain station. Tel 02 285 3856. English website still not up.

http://www.siamsuperbike.com/ has Shark helmets at what look like reasonable prices - also recommended above in this thread. See his website for a horrible story of how another farang businessmen has been nearly ruined by dishonest employees and crooked cops, as well as harassed and threatened including his young children. I also don't like the stories here of Paddock selling Shoei returns, recalls and outdated stock. Typical Thai dirty trick taking advantage of lack of safety standards here and not caring what happens to customers after getting their money. Fortunately the shop was closed when I went by today. I will be contacting Peter at Siam Superbike next week.