First Time Tourist With A Quick Visa Question

I am a citizen of USA, age 56. I will soon go to Thailand for the first time to check it out. I may retire there. My first trip I would like to stay about 6-7 weeks so I need to get a tourist visa. It makes me nervous to mail my passport to an embassy in another city. I would rather send it by registered mail to a visa service. Can you recommend a good cheap service in the USA.

I am a citizen of USA, age 56. I will soon go to Thailand for the first time to check it out. I may retire there. My first trip I would like to stay about 6-7 weeks so I need to get a tourist visa. It makes me nervous to mail my passport to an embassy in another city. I would rather send it by registered mail to a visa service. Can you recommend a good cheap service in the USA.

tc101,

You can go to a Honorary Consul-General for the visa and chances one is near you.

Most of them will process your tourist visa while you wait.

In Texas we have several (Houston, Dallas, McKinney, and others.)

You can get the addresses and telephone numbers through the Pattaya expats club.

www.pattayaexpatsclub.com/consulsintheUSA.htm

The website also has tabs for UK, Austrailian, and German Honorary Thai Consul-General Offices.

:o

Thanks for the info. The web site you pointed me to is out of date, but I was able to find the correct info on the Thai Cosulate here in Atlanta:

GEORGIA

ROYAL THAI CONSULATE-GENERAL

303 PEACHTREE STREET, SUITE 5300

ATLANTA, GA 30308

Tel : (404) 527-6778

Fax : (404) 527-4198

E-mail : [email protected]

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. R. William Ide, III

Thanks for the info. The web site you pointed me to is out of date, but I was able to find the correct info on the Thai Cosulate here in Atlanta:

GEORGIA

ROYAL THAI CONSULATE-GENERAL

303 PEACHTREE STREET, SUITE 5300

ATLANTA, GA 30308

Tel : (404) 527-6778

Fax : (404) 527-4198

E-mail : [email protected]

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. R. William Ide, III

The website appeared to be the easiest one to provide the basics on numbers of Honorary Consul-Generals.

Should have kept in mind the site originated and is maintained in Thailand (Pattaya.)

Down load the visa form from either the LA consulate or the Royal thai embassy in DC web-sites.

Use fedex and a prepaid return fedex. Get the 60 day tourist visa. Takes 5-7 working days.

Easy peasy. :o

Edited by kasi

The website appeared to be the easiest one to provide the basics on numbers of Honorary Consul-Generals.

Should have kept in mind the site originated and is maintained in Thailand (Pattaya.)

No problem. You pointed me in the right direction. Here is the more up to date web page with all the consulates in the USA:

http://www.thaiembdc.org/directry/direc_e.htm

Kasi's advice is solid. I might add phone the consulate prior to sending them the documentation to ensure you are including everything, and that they can indeed provide you with the desired visa in the time frame you need it.

Some consulates are more flexible and easier to work with than others.

good luck