How Much Would It Cost?

So can any one tell me how much one air con unit, big enough to cool a room that is about 15 feet by 15 feet, would cost to buy? Going to visit the family in June and we were thinking of putting in a aircon unit in our room. Were not too fussed but we will have our newborn with us and i would like to know that he will have somewhere nice and cool to be if it gets too hot.

So can any one tell me how much one air con unit, big enough to cool a room that is about 15 feet by 15 feet, would cost to buy? Going to visit the family in June and we were thinking of putting in a aircon unit in our room. Were not too fussed but we will have our newborn with us and i would like to know that he will have somewhere nice and cool to be if it gets too hot.

My Samsung for same sized room was 18,000 baht installed.

Cool thaks for the replies, i will get the father in law onto it straight away. They are a bit more expensive than i thought they would be, but at least i know how much money i will need to send over to get it fitted. :o

Hi Daleyboy

Had Samsung one fitted 2 years ago, think at the time it worked out to about £300 fitted.

However a Swedish friend of mine bought a second hand one which works well and looks good, apparently a lot of Thais buy them and then they are the first thing to go when some cash is needed.

Have you thought about the wiring my house was wired for a/c and it has thicker wire plus seperate fuse box for the a/c.. I am not electrically minded but I am sure other posters will advise if necessary.

Keep cool

TBWG :D