When Loss Of Face,bites Your Bum

myfriendu

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Second Rd. is a long road, any clues as to which section of it?

Tai to Klang?

Klang to Nua?

Then we can feel safe about at least part of the street.

can the OP tell us of a place on 2nd road he recomends that show football and serve food whistling.gif

If someone is clever enough to find out my real name, address, location etc. etc. then I would live in fear.

If TV are obliged to provide personal details if member if or when asked by the cops, I would be very very surprised if any members actually provided correct I formation when signing on.

So, the question is how will anyone anywhere know who you are by your tv nickname unless they personally know you?

Furthermore, I don't believe the op.

3 meals all crap?

Never experienced that. Yeah, someone getting an underdone bit of chicken but not like the op describes it.

I reckon he's got beer fear as he was up to no good and the anxiety kicked in!

As has already been said it's not simply a question of providing member's details to the authorities. It's the fact that the MICT can and do block websites that they disapprove of without notice. Perhaps those of you who live in Thailand would tell us whether you'd be happy to have the name of this restaurant published on here and then have all access to Thaivisa removed? It wouldn't bother those of us who don't live in Thailand as we'd still be able to access it.

Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

By way of additional information ... The law goes further than just affecting Thaivisa. If an aggrieved party presses the matter, YOU as a member will be the one taken to court for defamation. And YOU will be the one needing legal representation and YOU will be the one having to face the consequences of your posts. Thaivisa will be required by court order to provide your account information, including IP addresses, to enable the aggrieved party's lawyers to serve court papers on YOU.

The website owner is responsible for all content on his site in Thailand and posting information willfully intended to injure the reputation, causing economic damage or defaming a person in Thailand is a criminal offense punishable by two to five years in prison and a steep fine. In Addition, the defamed party can initiate a civil action to recoup any loss of income caused by the false and defaming statements.

Just out of curiousity, has this ever happened to a member on this website?

The ops story is very believable and this kind of thing probably happens regularly. I resorted to purchasing a handgun as I feel Thailand has become very violent.

So your plan is to 1 day shoot someone dead if the need be rather than saying the place I live in is to dangerous and just leave?

Simply ask him private, i did and i won't attend a cerTain bar anytime soon

I PM'd the OP also and will pass the Bars name onto my friends so they (or I) don't get into this type of unpleasant "predicament". I am sure the OP would not put this incident on Thai Visa for all to see saying he was hit and roughed up unless it really happened.

• Like 2

3 meals all crap?

Never experienced that. Yeah, someone getting an underdone bit of chicken but not like the op describes it.

i reckon at the time you posted this you was on the beer,i dont drink beer,so there is one fact you are wrong of,and 2 of the burgers were crap so there is fact 2 wrong.

i dont care if you belive it or not,

i reckon you were drunk when you posted this and you dont get out or have any friends,and i reckon you got brave after the beers and posted this sat in a little cheap room alone

get a life,or get some helprolleyes.gif

You have a responsibility to do EVERYTHING you can, to insure no foreigner ever eats there again. First thing I would do would be to go to tripadvisor, and see if there are any ratings for this rat trap. If so, it is easy to post a "review/warning". If not, you have to suggest the restaurant, and start a post. Blast them in no uncertain way. Do everything you can to give them a horrific reputation, and spread the word. This is totally unacceptable, hooligan behavior. It is not about losing face. All face is, in my opinion is cowardice, and the inability, or unwillingness to take criticism, and improve yourself in life. It is a feeble attempt to deflect blame. As foreigners, we do not have to tolerate such nonsense. Being threatened in a restaurant for not liking a terrible meal is going way too far. Let us rip these buttheads a new ass****.

• Like 1

Simple complaint made at police station claiming harm to reputation, and on return you could be picked up at airport.The scary thing is Thailand still has criminal defamation in place.

As for links try a simple google search, there are also thai visa members that have also been done with defamation normally business related.

Be as cynical as you like,but the fact is the threat in Thailand for defamation particularly criminal is very real.

I'm just asking the name of a bar or restaurant, where a complaint has been on-line about the service, resulting is a conviction of libel in a country that has some of 'the strictest defamation laws'.

Surely the OP or TV can't get in trouble for reviewing a "certain" establishment with an extremely glowing review suggesting that the food & management are beyond reproach & that we should "all" frequent it as often as possible.

Are sarcasm & irony also covered under Thailand's draconian laws?

I, myself have never broken any laws of any country that I have ever visited whistling.gif (excluding grammatical ones)

Name & praise this place please

Absolutely not. I would like to see a court prosecute someone for a bad rating. This is one of the few forums that we have to vent on dimwits who do not think there are ramifications for disgusting behavoir. Let us not let them cower us into submission. Not a chance. I blast people ALL THE TIME for such nonsense, and have never had any issues.

the place its self is good for watching football,big screens good aircon,good seating,it was packed and alot of people in there,if it wasnt for the food slip up .

i would have gone back to the place,after chatting with a few friends in pattaya who use the place,everyone says its an ok place,but most have never eaten there,the food ive found out is made in a hotel across the street not at the bar itself.

the first post was more about the loss of face,than trying to flame the place,and what can happen when staff make mistakes,and too shy to go above to sort a problem out.

i still enjoy it here,just got to becarefulsmile.png

The ops story is very believable and this kind of thing probably happens regularly. I resorted to purchasing a handgun as I feel Thailand has become very violent.

Do you carry the handgun at all the restaurants you eat at?

No of course not.

You absolutely have to post the name of the ratrrap. Otherwise, what is the point of this exercise. Let us start diminishing his reputation this instant, with no fear of repercussions. After all, that is his attitude toward his customers, right? Slam the bit**.

• Like 1

If someone is clever enough to find out my real name, address, location etc. etc. then I would live in fear.

If TV are obliged to provide personal details if member if or when asked by the cops, I would be very very surprised if any members actually provided correct I formation when signing on.

So, the question is how will anyone anywhere know who you are by your tv nickname unless they personally know you?

You're not as clever as you reckon BB.

Without to much to much research I've figured out that you live in a breadbin most probably on the kitchen worktop.

I doubt that you're Hovis or Mother's Pride but a wholemeal loaf. wai.gif

Just make sure you know which side your bread is buttered on.biggrin.png

• Like 2

Simple complaint made at police station claiming harm to reputation, and on return you could be picked up at airport.The scary thing is Thailand still has criminal defamation in place.

As for links try a simple google search, there are also thai visa members that have also been done with defamation normally business related.

Be as cynical as you like,but the fact is the threat in Thailand for defamation particularly criminal is very real.

ok op tell us about your wonderfull experience in a bar on 2nd rd were the food was great good fun to be had by all so we know we're to go for a goodnight out no defermation in endorsing a nice bar establishment is there??

the place its self is good for watching football,big screens good aircon,good seating,it was packed and alot of people in there,if it wasnt for the food slip up .

i would have gone back to the place,after chatting with a few friends in pattaya who use the place,everyone says its an ok place,but most have never eaten there,the food ive found out is made in a hotel across the street not at the bar itself.

the first post was more about the loss of face,than trying to flame the place,and what can happen when staff make mistakes,and too shy to go above to sort a problem out.

Wow. In a truly bizarre incident (as described), for complaining about receiving -- after waiting FOR AN HOUR -- frozen food with foreign matter in it, a group of guys physically force you by your neck into a locked room and assault you and menace you to a degree where you are (understandably) afraid -- but that's not the primary issue and the place is OK except for the "food slip up".

Wow.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

• Like 2

Wow. In a truly bizarre incident (as described), for complaining about receiving -- after waiting FOR AN HOUR -- frozen food with foreign matter in it, a group of guys physically force you by your neck into a locked room and assault you and menace you to a degree where you are (understandably) afraid -- but that's not the primary issue and the place is OK except for the "food slip up".

Wow.

laugh.png

It was all just a misunderstanding

• Like 1

Wow.

yes correct this is pattaya today

Wow.

did anyone get a pm of the bars name? I would like to avoid places that treat there guest that way, I do believe the op y make up something like that?? Could someone who has got that info please pm me op??? Sorry u can't put that on here and not reveal all details bar name for example? Ok good chance the bar is owned by the bib so start another thread and endorse the bar??

Hey op, I feel for you, but you should already know Thais cant cook falang food.

Maybe that was a joke. If not, it's one of the dumbest things I've seen on TVF lately.

Actually not really. Like I said I feel for the op, terrible story. Thais make crap western food the service is average more often than not, and this proves it. I doubt very much the manager would have killed anybody over a hamburger. Whats next, he grinds up his victims into meat patties? The op wasnt bashed, just slapped a bit and told to go away, I wouldnt have waited as long as the op did to start for a dumb hamburger worth 50baht. Another page in the lakorn of Pattaya.

Wow.

did anyone get a pm of the bars name? I would like to avoid places that treat there guest that way, I do believe the op y make up something like that?? Could someone who has got that info please pm me op??? Sorry u can't put that on here and not reveal all details bar name for example? Ok good chance the bar is owned by the bib so start another thread and endorse the bar??

Yeah start endorsing all the bars with this quality and watch how many threads we end up with.

Hey op, I feel for you, but you should already know Thais cant cook falang food.

Maybe that was a joke. If not, it's one of the dumbest things I've seen on TVF lately.

Actually not really. Like I said I feel for the op, terrible story. Thais make crap western food the service is average more often than not, and this proves it. I doubt very much the manager would have killed anybody over a hamburger. Whats next, he grinds up his victims into meat patties? The op wasnt bashed, just slapped a bit and told to go away, I wouldnt have waited as long as the op did to start for a dumb hamburger worth 50baht. Another page in the lakorn of Pattaya.

yes i agree with you,its all down to loss of face,if i was out of line they would have beat me with an inch of my life,

he had to dig me to not lose face in front of his staff.this is a thai thing i never will understand.mai pen rai.

i wish we did leave but we could not cancel the food and they kept saying 5 minutes.

we live and learn ,i bet the place is full tonite.

biggrin.png the thing we was served was a bit more than 50 baht lol.

anyone recommend a nice place to watch the football tonite,not bothered about the food ,as will be having the seafood buffet at the hilton

• Like 1

1) There are Thais cooking world class western food as we speak. There are even more Thais cooking western food on a par with any decent restaurant in the west. Your generalization is absurdly broad and inevitably inaccurate. (If you are making your declaration based on your experience in Pattaya beer bars...think about it.)

2) Service ranges from abysmal to world class. Again if you think you have a basis to assess from your experience in Pattaya bars...

3) The story - even if we knew for a fact it was 100% accurate and truthful, proves nothing of the sort. It would prove only something about that bar.

4) I doubt he would have killed him either. I don't even know that he actually did threaten him - but if he did, the threat itself is more than excessive in response to a reasonable complaint about food.

5) Bashed" or not, slapped AND punched is assault.

6) I wouldn't have waited even half that time. It's just one more thing I find...remarkable about the story.

3 meals all crap?

i reckon at the time you posted this you was on the beer,i dont drink beer,so there is one fact you are wrong of,and 2 of the burgers were crap so there is fact 2 wrong.

i reckon you were drunk when you posted this and you dont get out or have any friends,and i reckon you got brave after the beers and posted this sat in a little cheap room alone

Breadbin what's with the attitude dude, calling the OP a liar is out of order unless you have evidence to support it, I believe his story and furthermore I suspect the food that was ordered was brought in from outside which is why it took so long - this bar needs a wide birth and I for one will never be in it

edited incorrect quotes

Edited by smedly

1) There are Thais cooking world class western food as we speak. There are even more Thais cooking western food on a par with any decent restaurant in the west. Your generalization is absurdly broad and inevitably inaccurate. (If you are making your declaration based on your experience in Pattaya beer bars...think about it.)

2) Service ranges from abysmal to world class. Again if you think you have a basis to assess from your experience in Pattaya bars...

3) The story - even if we knew for a fact it was 100% accurate and truthful, proves nothing of the sort. It would prove only something about that bar.

4) I doubt he would have killed him either. I don't even know that he actually did threaten him - but if he did, the threat itself is more than excessive in response to a reasonable complaint about food.

5) Bashed" or not, slapped AND punched is assault.

6) I wouldn't have waited even half that time. It's just one more thing I find...remarkable about the story.

the order for the food was given at the time we arrived,the first half of a match lasts 45 minutes,we intended to go to meet at another place for the second half,which has a 15 min break .

as i said before we could not cancel the food,we had to pay for it anyway.

my first post is about loss of face and how far it went,i dont belive he would kill me,only words in front of his thai staff.

i belive he would have killed me as much as the staff who told him i go in the place and cause a problem many times.

sure alot of people would have left the place before ,we are all different.

like you might of shit your pants and been on the floor crying in fear,if this would have happend to you.

or you could have been foolish enough not to know how things work here,fought back and be beat to a pulp.

but from your post i know it would have been the first,as like you say you would have not stayed and paid for food you did not eat.

yes that will show them lolwhistling.gif

3 meals all crap?

Myfriendu (and I assure you you are not and never would be) what's with the attitude dude, not the first time I've noticed you blowing your mouth at other posters, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder - basically calling the OP a liar is out of order unless you have evidence to support it, I believe his story and furthermore I suspect the food that was ordered was brought in from outside which is why it took so long - this bar needs a wide birth and I for one will never be in it

Uhmmm...myfriendyu is the OP. I'm reasonably sure he hasn't called himself a liar (though if he is a liar I suppose has ironclad evidence that he is).

• Like 1