When Loss Of Face,bites Your Bum

myfriendu

Furthermore, I don't believe the op.

3 meals all crap?

Never experienced that. Yeah, someone getting an underdone bit of chicken but not like the op describes it.

I reckon he's got beer fear as he was up to no good and the anxiety kicked in!

i reckon at the time you posted this you was on the beer,i dont drink beer,so there is one fact you are wrong of,and 2 of the burgers were crap so there is fact 2 wrong.

i dont care if you belive it or not,

i reckon you were drunk when you posted this and you dont get out or have any friends,and i reckon you got brave after the beers and posted this sat in a little cheap room alone

get a life,or get some helprolleyes.gif

Myfriendu (and I assure you you are not and never would be) what's with the attitude dude, not the first time I've noticed you blowing your mouth at other posters, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder - basically calling the OP a liar is out of order unless you have evidence to support it, I believe his story and furthermore I suspect the food that was ordered was brought in from outside which is why it took so long - this bar needs a wide birth and I for one will never be in it

myfriendu is the op! laugh.png

Do you mean breadbin?

• Like 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Furthermore, I don't believe the op.

3 meals all crap?

Never experienced that. Yeah, someone getting an underdone bit of chicken but not like the op describes it.

I reckon he's got beer fear as he was up to no good and the anxiety kicked in!

i reckon at the time you posted this you was on the beer,i dont drink beer,so there is one fact you are wrong of,and 2 of the burgers were crap so there is fact 2 wrong.

i dont care if you belive it or not,

i reckon you were drunk when you posted this and you dont get out or have any friends,and i reckon you got brave after the beers and posted this sat in a little cheap room alone

get a life,or get some helprolleyes.gif

Breadbin what's with the attitude dude, calling the OP a liar is out of order unless you have evidence to support it, I believe his story and furthermore I suspect the food that was ordered was brought in from outside which is why it took so long - this bar needs a wide birth and I for one will never be in it

edited incorrect quotes

smedley i think your mixed up,i am the op and it is my post your defending biggrin.png

this is getting funny now,

i give up happy new year guys,just becareful out therewai.gif

• Like 1

the order for the food was given at the time we arrived,the first half of a match lasts 45 minutes,we intended to go to meet at another place for the second half,which has a 15 min break .

as i said before we could not cancel the food,we had to pay for it anyway.

my first post is about loss of face and how far it went,i dont belive he would kill me,only words in front of his thai staff.

i belive he would have killed me as much as the staff who told him i go in the place and cause a problem many times.

sure alot of people would have left the place before ,we are all different.

like you might of shit your pants and been on the floor crying in fear,if this would have happend to you.

or you could have been foolish enough not to know how things work here,fought back and be beat to a pulp.

but from your post i know it would have been the first,as like you say you would have not stayed and paid for food you did not eat.

yes that will show them lolwhistling.gif

Interesting. You know from my post that I would have shit my pants and been on the floor crying in fear? What an amazing psychic ability you have. I suppose I could tell you how many people in Pattaya and elsewhere (some even on TVF) could, given my history, assure you how unlikely that is -- but I'd be no more believable than you, would I?

As it happens in a situation as you describe, I would not have fought back. I'm neither stupid nor, after 30 years, ignorant enough to do that. Living and making a living as I used to, I learned only too well (and have the scars to show it) how it can eventually go even when the odds aren't against you.

But, by all means, carry on with your frothing and bizarre ad hominem attacks. In a perverted way, I enjoy such spectacles on forums as much as I'm disgusted by them.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

• Like 1

Hey op, I feel for you, but you should already know Thais cant cook falang food.

Maybe that was a joke. If not, it's one of the dumbest things I've seen on TVF lately.

Actually not really. Like I said I feel for the op, terrible story. Thais make crap western food the service is average more often than not, and this proves it. I doubt very much the manager would have killed anybody over a hamburger. Whats next, he grinds up his victims into meat patties? The op wasnt bashed, just slapped a bit and told to go away, I wouldnt have waited as long as the op did to start for a dumb hamburger worth 50baht. Another page in the lakorn of Pattaya.

1) There are Thais cooking world class western food as we speak. There are even more Thais cooking western food on a par with any decent restaurant in the west. Your generalization is absurdly broad and inevitably inaccurate. (If you are making your declaration based on your experience in Pattaya beer bars...think about it.)

2) Service ranges from abysmal to world class. Again if you think you have a basis to assess from your experience in Pattaya bars...

3) The story - even if we knew for a fact it was 100% accurate and truthful, proves nothing of the sort. It would prove only something about that bar.

4) I doubt he would have killed him either. I don't even know that he actually did threaten him - but if he did, the threat itself is more than excessive in response to a reasonable complaint about food.

5) Bashed" or not, slapped AND punched is assault.

6) I wouldn't have waited even half that time. It's just one more thing I find...remarkable about the story.

Im so broadly inaccurate, have you forgotten what the op has written?

BTW, I dont go to Pattaya.

Im so broadly inaccurate, have you forgotten what the op has written?

BTW, I dont go to Pattaya.

No, I haven't forgotten. However, I've just read it again and as I was certain would be the case, and nothing in the OP can make your comment seem less of an absurdly broad and inaccurate generalization. (Which by the way, is what I said -- not "broadly inaccurate".)

BTW, you'll note that I said "if" you base your comments on bars in Pattaya. (I haven't been there in many years myself.)

So even the basis for your comments extrapolated from something that happened in a Pattaya bar isn't based on personal experience?

OK, then.

Edited by SteeleJoe

Why oh why do posters feel the need to hijack a thread?

The point is about a good man/ customer being scared to death over a dam_n FROZEN hamburger that took waaaay to long to be served. He tried to give us a free heads up and some people add insult to injury. Hope for this place diminished a long time ago.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Why oh why do posters feel the need to hijack a thread?

The point is about a good man/ customer being scared to death over a dam_n FROZEN hamburger that took waaaay to long to be served. He tried to give us a free heads up and some people add insult to injury. Hope for this place diminished a long time ago.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Why oh why do you care if someone responds to a post in the thread? Nothing stopping you or anyone else from ignoring it and reading only things that adhere perfectly to the OP and nothing else.

I have no idea if he is a good man (he seems a bit oddly aggressive towards strangers on the Internet) but if you personally know him to be, perhaps that's coloring your response. The heads up is of limited use given he can't name the place (besides, he has said that was NOT the point of the OP).

• Like 1

I for one am glad that the OP posted here and also grateful to him for the pm of the name of the bar. It is one I have drunk in many times and I also used to stay in their hotel a few years back. The reason to care about how some people respond on these threads is that they will discourage others from passing on information that might be useful to others. The defamation rules here are very strict and it is understandable why we have to be careful about naming and shaming but the clues are there. Even if people can't work out where is being talked about it serves as a reminder to us that there are times when it worth taking a deep breath and walking away from confrontations rather than acting as we would back home.

• Like 1

I am no Einstein and got the name of the bar quite a few posts ago. I used to drink at this bar quite often but must say I am not surprised by the managers behaviour . I can say however that the owner will be most upset when she is informed.

• Like 1

I don't really believe this over the top story but you could have called the police. Assuming, arguendo, that is true, I suggest you start eating at a better class of restaurant smile.png

Maybe that was the police!

My story from 2005: Took a girl who was my hairstylist out for a meal, drinks, bowling, and some closer inspection of my hotel room curtains. We had a great night from start to finish. Best of all, she has a normal job in a sea of murky water.

In the morning, turning serious, she holds out her hand, palm up. I was new to the kingdom so I asked for instruction. She wanted 1500 baht for her time. I reminded her she has a normal job and is a normal girl, not a prostitute. She said "nobody *firetrucks* for free!" I gave her 500 baht for her time and sent her packing.

She returned with the police and I coughed up 4000 baht more as I soiled my trousers.

Thank you for sharing your story, but you well deserved that outcome.

New to the place of TH, ok, but new to the world? You had a good night with satisfaction, but you do not want to pay, or not enough, when you,

surprisingly for you, where ordered to pay. Why?

But on the other hand you would without a word pay the same amount of money for a not so good night with a declared Bar girl who asked the price beforehand. Som nam na! tongue.png

hey the op was assaulted there is no excuse for that. the problem is they are not educated to deal with tourists and have no idea about customer service. So many times i go out and get given the wrong drink or food there is no point complaining.

• Like 1

I don't really believe this over the top story but you could have called the police. Assuming, arguendo, that is true, I suggest you start eating at a better class of restaurant smile.png

Maybe that was the police!

My story from 2005: Took a girl who was my hairstylist out for a meal, drinks, bowling, and some closer inspection of my hotel room curtains. We had a great night from start to finish. Best of all, she has a normal job in a sea of murky water.

In the morning, turning serious, she holds out her hand, palm up. I was new to the kingdom so I asked for instruction. She wanted 1500 baht for her time. I reminded her she has a normal job and is a normal girl, not a prostitute. She said "nobody *firetrucks* for free!" I gave her 500 baht for her time and sent her packing.

She returned with the police and I coughed up 4000 baht more as I soiled my trousers.

Thank you for sharing your story, but you well deserved that outcome.

New to the place of TH, ok, but new to the world? You had a good night with satisfaction, but you do not want to pay, or not enough, when you,

surprisingly for you, where ordered to pay. Why?

But on the other hand you would without a word pay the same amount of money for a not so good night with a declared Bar girl who asked the price beforehand. Som nam na! tongue.png

ALFREDO <deleted> was that all about - keep on the liquids or better still not even that - just keep breathing it will do you the world of good and us not

Edited by smedly

the place its self is good for watching football,big screens good aircon,good seating,it was packed and alot of people in there,if it wasnt for the food slip up .

i would have gone back to the place,after chatting with a few friends in pattaya who use the place,everyone says its an ok place,but most have never eaten there,the food ive found out is made in a hotel across the street not at the bar itself.

the first post was more about the loss of face,than trying to flame the place,and what can happen when staff make mistakes,and too shy to go above to sort a problem out.

i still enjoy it here,just got to becarefulsmile.png

Wow. In a truly bizarre incident (as described), for complaining about receiving -- after waiting FOR AN HOUR -- frozen food with foreign matter in it, a group of guys physically force you by your neck into a locked room and assault you and menace you to a degree where you are (understandably) afraid -- but that's not the primary issue and the place is OK except for the "food slip up".

Wow.

laugh.png

It was all just a misunderstanding

Yes, you did not bend down and kiss their ass, in a totally acceptable manner. You did not accept totally unacceptable behavior. You did not fork over your money, for a terribly subpar service rendered. You complained, when you were supposed to accept the terrible service, and overpriced food, without complaint. Yes, sounds like a misunderstanding to me. On their part, not yours. Do not suck up, when sucking up is not required, unless you want to be considered a sycophant for all time.

• Like 2

I am no Einstein and got the name of the bar quite a few posts ago. I used to drink at this bar quite often but must say I am not surprised by the managers behaviour . I can say however that the owner will be most upset when she is informed.

Right hand side heading North? Between Tai and Klang? In the vicinity of Lek Hotel? Used to be a very poular bar located on Beach Rd. previously?

Is that the place?

Right hand side heading North? Between Tai and Klang? In the vicinity of Lek Hotel? Used to be a very poular bar located on Beach Rd. previously?

Is that the place?

I believe it is. I made my guess from other posts and haven't contacted the OP.

Is that the place?

I believe it is. I made my guess from other posts and haven't contacted the OP.

If it's the place I'm thinking of last time I was there was 10 years ago and it was a go-go bar with a room upstais for the footy and no food?

ALFREDO <deleted> was that all about - keep on the liquids or better still not even that - just keep breathing it will do you the world of good and us not

-Smedly-

English is not my first language, but I always happy to learn.

So please explain to me, what was wrong in my sentences, regarding the post of, -beachroadlover 2- above?

Thank you.whistling.gif

Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

By way of additional information ... The law goes further than just affecting Thaivisa. If an aggrieved party presses the matter, YOU as a member will be the one taken to court for defamation. And YOU will be the one needing legal representation and YOU will be the one having to face the consequences of your posts. Thaivisa will be required by court order to provide your account information, including IP addresses, to enable the aggrieved party's lawyers to serve court papers on YOU.

The website owner is responsible for all content on his site in Thailand and posting information willfully intended to injure the reputation, causing economic damage or defaming a person in Thailand is a criminal offense punishable by two to five years in prison and a steep fine. In Addition, the defamed party can initiate a civil action to recoup any loss of income caused by the false and defaming statements.

+1 for stealing your neighbors wi-fi and/or a proxy. laugh.png