When Loss Of Face,bites Your Bum

myfriendu

last night a couple of friends and i went to watch football in a well know place on 2nd road,we orderd drinks and 3 cheese burgers,after 45 minutes the food still had not come.

i asked the staff how long it would be because we wanted to leave and go meet some friends,got 5 minutes food coming from from the girl rolleyes.gif

after 20 more minutes the food still had not come ,the second half of the game had started now,called my friends said we will be a bit late as the waitress said we could not cancel the food.

then a strange thing happend the food came and they said we had to pay for the food now.

can you not put it on the bill and pay when we had finished i asked . no cannot she said.

my friend bit into his and said it was cold and not cooked it was frozen still in the middle,i bit into mine and felt crunch,i pulled out a bit of string with a piece of plastic,i cut into the burger and there was a piece of something in there which was hard .i asked the lady if i could see the manager.

different girl comes over you pay now she says,i said can i see the manager i dont want to pay for this and showed her the string and plastic stuff.

she goes away a guy comes over ,you want problem he says i show him the objects ,after closer inspection it looks like bone.

he says ,u eat food already you pay now or you want problem,i say u eat it then i will give you 500 baht.

he then says right you wait, you get problem,can i just see the manager i say i want to show him this.

he goes away looking very angry.

next thing 4 guys come to the table the waitress takes the plates away,and the guy who i think is the manager says pay now with a face like he wants to kill me.

i say to my friends let me pay the bill and lets get out of here,i give the guy the money and sit there about 10 minutes waiting for the change.

waitress comes over and says the manager at the bar go get your change.

i walk towards the bar and grabbed by the neck and pushed into a side room by two guys.

the manager and two other thai guys are in there,i was pushed onto a sofa and the manager slapped me hard across the face ,and punched me in the side of the head.

he then says my staff say you come in here and start problem many night,he said i know you,i see you many time.

i say its the first time ive ever been in there,i said im sorry i just wanted to speak to you about the food and show you the objects that was in my food,i say i did not mean to cause a problem(i had to say this as i was scared for my safety)

he then said if i see you again i will kill you now go.

i got up one guy unlocked the door ,and left a little shakensad.png

the bill was paid i got my change,but feel lucky i got out there only paying for the food we did not eat.

my friends where outside,i told them what happend and we left to go meet our friends.

in 10 years of living in thailand thats about the worse think thats happend to me so far.

its the first and last time i ever go to that place again.(think im banned now anyway).

you do have to be so careful in todays times.

thailand 1

frangland 0

Edited by myfriendu

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Assuming that this is a true account of the incident (and I have no reason to assume otherwise), why didn't you name this place, and help others to avoid having a similar experience? I doubt that the owner reads this forum, so there should be no reason to be apprehensive about doing so.

• Like 1

^^Ermmm due to Thailand's rather strict defamation laws. Name and shame is also prohibited under Thaivisa's rules because not only would the poster be liable but also potentially TV.

Yes, I have

^^Ermmm due to Thailand's rather strict defamation laws. Name and shame is also prohibited under Thaivisa's rules because not only would the poster be liable but also potentially TV.

Yes, I have named business that I felt wronged me only to have them removed. I can understand the difficult position that TV is placed in. I just chalk it up to experience and remember that farangs will never be truly accepted here.

Otherwise, its Paradise :)

• Like 1

i would like to post the name but as above i cannot,it spoiled my night and after 1 drink with my other friends,i went home as i was quite shaken and could not relax

i would like to post the name but as above i cannot,it spoiled my night and after 1 drink with my other friends,i went home as i was quite shaken and could not relax

Could you hint at the name of the place ?

I for one would like to avoid it.

Are there any rules prohibiting a PM of the name?

Correspondence between members by use of PM's is totally private.

So, if people were to PM you and ask for the info, would you give it? If more of us knew which venue it was, more would stop going and possibly the venues business would slow down. Word of mouth is sometimes better.

Are there any rules prohibiting a PM of the name?

Correspondence between members by use of PM's is totally private.

So, if people were to PM you and ask for the info, would you give it? If more of us knew which venue it was, more would stop going and possibly the venues business would slow down. Word of mouth is sometimes better.

I don't necessarily disagree with you... however as has already been correctly pointed out, due to Thailand's strict defamation laws, naming and shaming is prohibited under ThaiVisa's rules, because not only would the poster be liable but also potentially ThaiVisa.

Yep, the past few years seems to have changed here, more and more open assualts, robbings, thefts etc with nowhere to turn. I for one wouldnt stay in Thailand if I didnt have so many ties here......many other places in the world that offer genuine politeness and a warm welcome to tourists and expats....

• Like 2

I've been reading about these strong defamation laws......forever.

Can anyone tell me the name of a restaurant or bar that has sued (successfully or otherwise) anyone with a genuine grievance, for libel?

There was a story here about a guy that did pay for calling a hooker a hooker over a bar bill. Perhaps a PC wizz kid can locate it. thumbsup.gif

no point and its a big venue

That is criminal assault, why have you not filed a complaint with the police?

no point only cause more trouble,the venue is a big place owned by thais,i live here with 2 kids so my families safety is more important

So why post this?

Sad that one who visits or lives in Pattaya cannot expect decent service (not counting the 4-5 star hotels or expensive restaurants). Serving a table of two or more is unheard of.... keeping cooked food under a heat lamp from getting cold...and a waitress/waiter asking the customer (after food is served)if everything is "ok" is unheard of; meanwhile, the waiter will stand there when the change is returned(from paying) seeing if there is a tip.

The ops story is very believable and this kind of thing probably happens regularly. I resorted to purchasing a handgun as I feel Thailand has become very violent.

You better move to Monaco or Switzerland, it should be very safe there I been told. The world is getting more violent, even my old mother in Denmark is complaining every time I speak with her on the phone.

I haven't had any such bad experiences during my time in Pattaya.

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1