O2 Bar In Chalong

IrishIvan

What a load of buffalo chips! Being a Chalong/Rawai resident for the last seven years I must say I enjoy grabbing a bagful of Leo cans for a couple of hundred Baht and siting on the beach at sunset as much as I enjoy 200 Baht beers at clubs/high end venues. One of my favourite beers back home is a 500 Baht/bottle wheat brew!! Chalong expats in general don't see the point of bringing conspicuous consumer baggage from their home counties and don't need the self-gratifying labels like the deluded-end, ooops, I mean high-end expats of Surin commenting in this thread.

Edited by mikebike

What a load of buffalo chips! Being a Chalong/Rawai resident for the last seven years I must say I enjoy grabbing a bagful of Leo cans for a couple of hundred Baht and siting on the beach at sunset as much as I enjoy 200 Baht beers at clubs/high end venues. One of my favourite beers back home is a 500 Baht/bottle wheat brew!! Chalong expats in general don't see the point of bringing conspicuous consumer baggage from their home counties and don't need the self-gratifying labels like the deluded-end, ooops, I mean high-end expats of Surin commenting in this thread.

Please go to this beach club before commenting. Thanks. It belongs in Chalong as much as a cock on a woman.

• Like 1

Could you please tell us a bit more about the caliber of expats in Chalong, IrishIvan?

Most people from Chalong and Rawaii are on a set budget, most people from this area would have the line of thought why would you pay 150 baht for a beer? when you can pay for the same view at, the lighthouse, tamarind bar, or new office bar or escape artist bar and pay only 45-70 baht a beer. From the lack of responses Im guessing the O2 bar isnt attracting the locals, so who is going there?

Could you please tell us a bit more about the caliber of expats in Chalong, IrishIvan?

Most people from Chalong and Rawaii are on a set budget, most people from this area would have the line of thought why would you pay 150 baht for a beer? when you can pay for the same view at, the lighthouse, tamarind bar, or new office bar or escape artist bar and pay only 45-70 baht a beer. From the lack of responses Im guessing the O2 bar isnt attracting the locals, so who is going there?

Most people everywhere are on a set budget, I was wondering how you singled out a couple of areas in Southern Phuket for your generalisations?

Personally, I pay whatever it takes to drink whatever I want, where ever I want to do it. I don't drink the cheapest crap beers, nor do I pay a fortune just to hang out with Dolf Lundrum wannabees in a wanke_r theme bar.

Most people everywhere are on a set budget, I was wondering how you singled out a couple of areas in Southern Phuket for your generalisations?

Personally, I pay whatever it takes to drink whatever I want, where ever I want to do it. I don't drink the cheapest crap beers, nor do I pay a fortune just to hang out with Dolf Lundrum wannabees in a wanke_r theme bar.

Would you pay 300 baht for a Jack Daniels and coke and you can buy it basically next door for half the price? Even kan eng charges 180 baht with same view but no pool.

O2 club has no place in Chalong as it isn't on the map as a trendy upmarket place.

It is where most of the expats reside and it happens to be the best value for money. I didnt think people were so terratorial, were you born there? I drink wherever I want too, I dont think I'll be popping into O2 though, will you?

Please go to this beach club before commenting. Thanks. It belongs in Chalong as much as a cock on a woman.

I've been twice... Some people like a cock on a woman!

Most people from Chalong and Rawaii are on a set budget, most people from this area would have the line of thought...

You mean kinda like most people from Ireland and drunken poets and most Ivans are vodka swilling tractor jockeys? Just checking how far you wanna take your absurd generalizations...

Most people from Chalong and Rawaii are on a set budget, most people from this area would have the line of thought...

You mean kinda like most people from Ireland and drunken poets and most Ivans are vodka swilling tractor jockeys? Just checking how far you wanna take your absurd generalizations...

Its basic demographics, they are the cheapest parts of the island, except Phuket Town but most foreigners prefer to live near the water/beaches.

I've been twice... Some people like a cock on a woman!

Well that explains your cattyness. Good luck with that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Far be it for me to say but...

The owners of O2 are now one of the biggest investors on our litle island.

I would hazzard a guess that they did a little due dilligence before they commited to this .

Oh just an after thought . Who owns the land where we have to drive through to get there past the houses ?

Kind of get a feeling that it may (just maybe) be getting a little bigger .

Or maybe just a joint venture with a certain restaurant close by.?

But then maybe just a troll post ........

The phuket stunt show had some of the 'biggest' investors on the island too. From memory they had Tai Pan bar plus a few others I think seduction and the old bangla boxing stadium crowd. It looks like stone henge now. And I expect 02 bar will be the same within 12 months. You want to wager a box of beer on it?

The phuket stunt show had some of the 'biggest' investors on the island too. From memory they had Tai Pan bar plus a few others I think seduction and the old bangla boxing stadium crowd. It looks like stone henge now. And I expect 02 bar will be the same within 12 months. You want to wager a box of beer on it?

I heard that Seduction, who now own it outright, will be moving there as their new premises in low season, which to all intents and purposes could be anytime now i guess as it's so bloody quiet!!!

But yeah it was a complete failure as was their other venture 'Angry Babes' but the Seduction group have limitless amounts of funding so i don' think they'll be flapping too much....

I heard that Seduction, who now own it outright, will be moving there as their new premises in low season, which to all intents and purposes could be anytime now i guess as it's so bloody quiet!!!

But yeah it was a complete failure as was their other venture 'Angry Babes' but the Seduction group have limitless amounts of funding so i don' think they'll be flapping too much....

Even people with limitless amounts of money arent happy when they are wasting it.
  • Like 1