Are Ramsgate Town In Decline

lampard10

Are the great Ramsgate Town in decline, knocked out the F.A. cup in the early stage, looks like the Premiership title is beyond them, no chance of European football next season. What are your thoughts? (well we've covered almost every other team so far) :o:D

What utter Tosh.

Nobody ouside of Chelsea, Liverpool, Man utd ?Cityor Arsenal have been discussed as far as I can tell.

Maybee a lttle about Reading, but on a seperate topic but look back and you will see that this time last year it was Sunderland , don't tlak about them much these days!

Anyway you are active in ALL the threads, you help "fan the flames" that keep them going.

So why exactly post this,? anyway I have always though Margate were better. Bet thats a fantastic Darby!! Probably get 200 in for that!! Bumper gate!!

Where is Ramsgate, is it that slum in the southeast who's only claim to fame is being a minor ferry port? :o:D

Now the Rocks are a different kettle of fish!

Slum is praising it up a bit. I can think of stronger words to describe it.

And TP, sarcasm isn't your strongest point, is it? Actually I can remember a few years back when Margate v Fulham was the featured match on a saturday night here.

Edited by lampard10

If you re-read my post Lampard you will see that I said MAGATE where the better team

Get you facts right before flaming me pal :o

Who's flaming you..............................and you should check your own posts a little. You said MARGATE, not MAGATE, exactly the same as me when I answered you. I was talking about MARGATE as well. Perhaps you can't read after all. I thought you were from England, but reading(no pun meant) between the lines, with that spelling you can't be :D Or could it be Mr Chang has had a hand in your posts?

Edited by lampard10

Clutching at straws Mr.Lampard.

I do not drink Chang anymore. In fact I had not had a drink today at all!

Sorry I spelled Margate incorrectly, please accept my sincere apologies.

I just feel this thread is a complete waste of time.

I beleive you invited me to visit your pub, after we had our last little Tiff.

Well if you are ever in Chaing Mai, I would be happy to welcome you to our restarant, my problem with your place is that I don't even have a clue where the "Back of Beyond " is. and why on earth would anyone want to go there?

I would even put out blue bunting for you and a sign saying "We don't think Chelsea's Manager's Manager is a <deleted>" no need , his club's supporters can do the job admirably.

Cheers

TP

Well if you are ever in Chaing Mai, I would be happy to welcome you to our restarant, my problem with your place is that I don't even have a clue where the "Back of Beyond " is. and why on earth would anyone want to go there?

I would even put out blue bunting for you and a sign saying "We don't think Chelsea's Manager's Manager is a <deleted>" no need , his club's supporters can do the job admirably.

Cheers

TP

TP apology accepted. Of course this threads a waste of time, that's why I started it. As a piss-take of all the other " is so-and-so" in decline, which are also a waste of time. They are an invitation to take-the-piss, which is great as long as there are people like like my lot who thrive in that pastime. It's all in the spirit of the game. Unfortunately there are some members out there, who do not understand piss-takes, and can give it, but fail to take it. Like the last bit.........you do seem to have a sense of humour after all. :o

Cheers

TP

TP apology accepted. Of course this threads a waste of time, that's why I started it. As a piss-take of all the other " is so-and-so" in decline, which are also a waste of time. They are an invitation to take-the-piss, which is great as long as there are people like like my lot who thrive in that pastime. It's all in the spirit of the game. Unfortunately there are some members out there, who do not understand piss-takes, and can give it, but fail to take it. Like the last bit.........you do seem to have a sense of humour after all. :o

I think I have quite a good sense of humour actually Lamps-you just don't get around enough of the sub-forums to see it :D

BTW, I DID see your your post in Bedlam when you were asking if you should change the name of your Pub... but I decided not to add my recommendation .. which would have been "The Pompous Farang".... but I did not want to wind you up like that fob watch of yours

Edited by ThaiPauly

Who?

It's alright folks........that's the guy who, when I invited him to Surin, said ' Where?'

I'm gonna buy a map to find Surin before i come. :o:D Not sure of dates YET! But it will be after my footy season finishes. You owe me a few beers. :D:D Will keep ya posted. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know about Ramsgate in decline... but is'nt there a chance its gonna slide into the sea one day??

Then Margate will be the place to be.. ahh Dreamland, some of the bars,

when they used to bang out Alice Cooper's "Schools Out" about 1972-73 sleeping in my car on the seafront 35 years ago... now those were the days!!! Some of the best years of my life.

Then of course there were other "Margate glorifyers such as Del Boys antics in good ole' Margate, and Chas and Dave's song... can't remember much about Ramsgate. went there for one night to visit my first Wife's freind

Completely OFF TOPIC but I just felt like looking backand sharing about the "Old" days in Essex.. Oh and didn't Margate get a glamour FA cup tie once?

please forgive me

TP

PS You must have been to Dreamland lamps... is it still there?