How To Buy Alcohol At 3:30 Pm

raro

Yesterday I went to a wine store and didn't think about this stupid ban on alcohol sales in the afternoon. So I asked the cashier if it would be ok if I don't buy the wine but take sample bottle with me to show to my friend and give her a deposit of the same value as the price of the bottle...she was a bit startled, thought about it for a moment and said yes, that would be no problem...

Thinking about it, we didn't do anything illegal, as the buying contract was postponed to the moment we opened the bottle - and this was past 5 pm... :o

My local minimart has no problem selling me booze at anytime of the day. The wife asked them when these stupid rules came into force. Can we still buy booze? The answer. No problem. Your husband is a farang. Try that at 7-11. No chance. Maybe because i dont give them enough sales. :o:D

I do it a different way - wife phones shop (next door), they deliver, i pop round after 17:00 and pay my dues - And most likely buy more booze.

You're not in Los, though, are you? :D:D

Aha, I have been for the past week :o

Alough i'm leaving today :D

Jockie - noticed that mini marts and even 7/11 away from the most main areas are selling like they normally do. :o

The minimart i goto is on the main Lad Prao road. But the 7-11 is just inside a soi. They lock the beer door with string so you can even open it. So i just keep going to the minimart. :D:D

The minimart i goto is on the main Lad Prao road. But the 7-11 is just inside a soi. They lock the beer door with string so you can even open it. So i just keep going to the minimart. :D:D

Pisshead!!!

:D

Takes one to know one. :D:D:D

I'll drink to that mate.

:o

Whilst I can understand why people moan about the hours that bars etc are allowed to sell alcohol, I cannot see why people get so peeved about the hours within which you can buy booze from shops to take home.

Yes, of course the law is a total nonsense, but surely you just plan ahead and have a stock at home?

Buying booze on an 'as immediately needed' basis reminds me of an old widow walking down to the village shop every morning to buy an egg for her breakfast, although that's really only because she is lonely and wants a chat... :o

Yes, of course the law is a total nonsense, but surely you just plan ahead and have a stock at home?

Wouldnt work. The more there is the more we will drink. I think i speak for many members on here. Especially Jai Dee. :D:D:o

Now there's a shock! :D

I would have thought that Jai Dee of all people was obliged to do everything 'in moderation'... :D:D