Tuck And Patti Jazz Duo Visiting Chiang Mai

ARISTIDE

Tuck and Patti are now in Chiang Mai. There are some charity music events including a workshop. Some local Thai jazz musicians are excited, dates will be announced soon from Chiang Mai Jazz Soc facebook.

post-131333-0-24289700-1356739800_thumb.

Edited by ARISTIDE
  • Like 2

According to their website, Tuck and Patti will be performing in Chiang Mai at 137 Pillars House, benefitting School for Life on Jan. 5, 2013. Strangely I've not seen any ads or posters. At least I heard they are performing at someone's wedding in Chiang Mai.

Edited by ARISTIDE

I had never heard of them before my girlfriend played me their CD some years ago. Personally it's not my style of music but I can't deny the fact that Tuck is an amazing guitar player and Patti has a great voice.

He was quite amazing when I was a teenager I was crazy about his style. That would be over 20 years ago.

I had never heard of them before my girlfriend played me their CD some years ago. Personally it's not my style of music but I can't deny the fact that Tuck is an amazing guitar player and Patti has a great voice.

if toothache made a noise it would be jazz

As a fan of jazz i do not agree but i do find it a very witty comment .

Personally i compare doof doof or heavy bass music with the sound of a migraine.

Sorry , off topic .

Tuck & Patti have been around for years , all my guitarist friends seem to rave about his guitar playing.

if toothache made a noise it would be jazz

That isn't even witty as "jazz" is an almost meaningless term these days, ...... T & P are at the mellow extreme of the spectrum, very "windom hill" their blandness is their trademark, more suited to a lounge setting, an overstuffed chair, dim lights and a good glass of brandy.
  • Like 1

I did gigs with other groups on the same bill with them back in the SF Bay Area decades ago. They are good, and have stood the test of time. Working as a duo with just one rhythmic and chordal instrument is no mean feat to pull off, and they do it with style.