Portugal

Puerto Rico

Slovenia

South Korea

Spain

Taiwan

Thailand

Venezuela

Before, Germany landlines have been on the list of free calls too but they removed it. I had to deposit 5 Euros and then you had unlimited free calls not just 1 minute.

I don´t know what the minimum deposit is presently but it worked quite well.

I checked the connection and it took me about 8kB/s for a normal phone connection. So I guess you should have at least a 128k-ADSL-connection to keep it going, but maybe it works with less too.

Anyone got any experience with lower speed or with connections to Thailand in particular?

well, i spoke to thailand for 1 min on my 512/128 connection from Australia and it work fine, with good clean connection (better than when i call with a phone card) for the 1 minute, then told me i must deposit 10€ before i could make any more free calls. one question though, how does one get their deposit back again, or do they expect you to spend it ?

I've used Voipbuster for over a year. Only in a past few months has their service level been good enough to use - my family and friends were getting accustomed to random call hang ups every few minutes. These days it's been pretty darn stable, in fact I just added another 10 euros yesterday. It took me a year to spend my first 10 euros, since the call cost is so cheap, or even free. As far as I can tell, the credit does not expire, but I could be wrong on that.

Having free calls to Thailand is nice, of course since I am living here it's not that great. :o One thing to consider though, if you live in Thailand and you have somone in your household who is particularly 'kee niuw', use VoipBuster to call other landlines in Thailand for free.

Shame they dropped Germany though. They may add it back on the list later, they tend to add and remove countries regularly.

Edited by clokwise

I've used Voipbuster for over a year. Only in a past few months has their service level been good enough to use - my family and friends were getting accustomed to random call hang ups every few minutes. These days it's been pretty darn stable, in fact I just added another 10 euros yesterday. It took me a year to spend my first 10 euros, since the call cost is so cheap, or even free. As far as I can tell, the credit does not expire, but I could be wrong on that.

Having free calls to Thailand is nice, of course since I am living here it's not that great. :o One thing to consider though, if you live in Thailand and you have somone in your household who is particularly 'kee niuw', use VoipBuster to call other landlines in Thailand for free.

Shame they dropped Germany though. They may add it back on the list later, they tend to add and remove countries regularly.

The website says the credit is valid for 120 days, so it sounds like there's a "deposit" 3 times a year, unless you actually use it for calls. Might be a change in policy from when you first signed up. Not a bad deal though even for Thai cell calls.

Ok, just tried the free minute and it worked and sounded ok.

Edited by Carmine6