Just Bought A Condo, But Missing Tabian Baan And Electric Book?

So spent Christmas day down land office doing title deed transfer and i've got the title deed in my name. What i dont have is a Tabian Baan or electric book? The seller (who's overseas) got his sister to do the sale but she forgot about the Tabian Baan, and she says it might be in another province.

Regarding electric book my friend says each electric meter in the block has it's own book registered to the owner of each Condo, sellers sister knows nothing about this.

Am i going to have any trouble with this? Can i just go to elec dept and Amphur office with my title deed and get a new Tabian Baan and elec book.

Want to start renovation soon and rather have all this stuff before start.

Thanks in advance

What province is this? I also only had the deed to my condo in Bangkok when I had electricity connected and they didn't ask for the tabien bahn. (I later had a replacement blue tabien bahn issued for 20 baht).

I have never heard of an "electric book" and certainly wasn't issued one.

Sophon

If you get a Blue Tabien Baan for your Condo it should not have your name in it; you can apply at Amphur for a Yellow Tabien Baan which would have your name in it - there are several threads running about the application procedure /process.

No idea regarding the 'Electric Book'; in my area they automatically leave the bills at your property, but the bill does have the name/address on it in Thai.

Are you sure the Condo has a goverment meter? As often Condos have private meters with payment made to the building managers..

Edited by digitalchromakey

Our condo still has the electricity bill sent with the old owners name on it. We tried changing it but a long process as the electricity authority office with the details was burnt down by the red short protestors in 2010. From what I gather it didn't matter albeit made online bill payments difficult.