Obama Cites New Leads In Benghazi Tragedy Investigation

webfact

Obama cites new leads in Benghazi tragedy investigation

WASHINGTON: -- Appearing on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday President Barack Obama said there were “new good leads” in the investigation of the tragedy at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

He agreed with the U.S. Secretary of State that the U.S. authorities were partly to blame for what had happened.

The September 11 attack, when the U.S. Consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi was fired at, resulted in the death of U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens, an embassy employee and two former special task force servicemen.

A State Department commission investigating the causes of the tragedy placed the blame for what happened on the U.S. foreign policy leadership.

Source: http://english.ruvr....-investigation/

-- THE VOICE OF RUSSIA 2012-12-31

footer_n.gif

I'm still waiting for the US to capture/ kill the perpetrators as Obama said would happen.

It's months on, and we still don't know the answer to many questions.

Is Obama just waiting till everyone gets tired of waiting for answers and moves on?

No need to hint at a conspiracy here. Believe me, Obama would love to nail the culprits. Besides the fun of doing so, it would be a big feather in his cap a la Ben Laden.
  • Like 1

I saw a documentary on satellite TV a while back, the title was "Targeting/Hunting Bin Laden" or similar. My memory is a bit sketchy of the exact title, and who said exactly what at the end, but I think it was Rumsfeld, and he said, "You harm a US citizen, and we're coming after you."

The US will hunt the culprits down and they will pay the price. I just wish our government here in Australia had that sort of conviction when one of our citizens is harmed/killed in another country.

Essentially they were hunting one man, but any other Al Queda operatives they could knock out would be good value,and there were a number of those along the way, in addition to several since, as a result of intelligence collected from the Bin Laden compound.

I have every faith that they will nail the guilty.

I agree HerbalEd, it would be another coup for Obama, and that's why they will be ferreted out, and hopefully killed, not sent for trial.

Edited by F4UCorsair