Can I Pay With Direct Debit/standing Order

candid

Power bills most definitely, just go to your Thai bank with your electric bill and they will fill out a form for you to take to the electric company to initiate direct debit (in Pattaya you can have it set up in as little as two weeks)

True can be a little more problematic since your Thai bank Internet banking " bill pay" page will have to include them in their list of authorized billers before you can pay directly from your account

If you set up a standing order from your online banking it can only be for a maximun of a year. (Kasikorn Bank) But you get an email notice when each one's been paid so you can count them off.

Electricity and water can be paid by direct debit. Get the form from the utility company, go to the bank to have it authorised and take it back to the utility company. It takes a few weeks to sort out but I've done it that way for 10 years now.

I have a separate Kasikorn account just for water and electricity bills and I do a standing order from my main account to the utility bills account every month. That way there's very little in the small account at any given time.

I've had my electric and water and TOT bills paid automatically now for a couple of years or more.

Got the necessary forms and papers from each of them, took them to my local Bangkok Bank branch where I have my account, got them signed and copied, and returned them to the companies.

Makes life much easier for the months I'm away. Even much easier when I'm here and not needing to watch for a bill and pay it physically at 7-11 or Tesco, or their own offices.

I've had my electric and water and TOT bills paid automatically now for a couple of years or more.

Got the necessary forms and papers from each of them, took them to my local Bangkok Bank branch where I have my account, got them signed and copied, and returned them to the companies.

Makes life much easier for the months I'm away. Even much easier when I'm here and not needing to watch for a bill and pay it physically at 7-11 or Tesco, or their own offices.

As above, takes a couple of months for all the paperwork to go through but once done it's nice, just forget about them.

I have 3BB / True / Electric and water set up like this.