Hua Hin

Billposter

I live in Bangkok, and Hua Hin and Pattaya are 2 of my least favourite routes from there by bike. Doing both on the same day on a scooter would be grim, maybe 2 hours up to bkk, an hour messing around with traffic and then two and a half hours to Hua Hin. Almost no decent roads the whole way.

Much better to head the other way from Pattaya - towards Ban Chang, Rayong, or all the way to Koh Chang if you feel like a longer ride.

• Like 1

If looking for a few days of riding.

Day 1 - Up to Kanchanaburi.

Day 2 - Up to the 3 Pagoda Pass, taking in Muang Sing temple and Hin Dat hotsprings. Sleep Thong Pha Phum.

Day 3 - To Pilok and then back to Kan.

Day 4 - Kan to Pattaya.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Route+7&daddr=13.6375121,100.5598971+to:Route+323%2FAH123+to:Unknown+road&hl=en&sll=14.17386,99.497681&sspn=2.859716,5.410767&geocode=FT2AxQAd3N8DBg%3BFYgX0AAdGWz-BSmnybOtCKHiMDGQWZELN5IBEw%3BFXJ_6QAdD03dBQ%3BFUkG4AAdWPDcBQ&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=8&via=1&t=m&z=8

Perhaps a ride to Erawan or the entire Si Sawat loop aswell/instead.

I agree about the BKK-Hua Hin route. Done it on my PCX twice previously....................bloody awful roads and nothing nice to look at.

Which road do you take? Do you go through Nakon Pathom and Ratchaburi or do you go down through Samut Songkram and Samut Sakhon?

Plenty of interesting side roads if you explore

I think the ride from Pattaya-Hua Hin is long enough without exploring side roads off the Bang Na-Trat Highway of Helll.

In fact, beside possibly the Mittraphap highway to Khorat at New Year's I can't imagine a worse route in Thailand.

If looking for a few days of riding.

Day 1 - Up to Kanchanaburi.

Day 2 - Up to the 3 Pagoda Pass, taking in Muang Sing temple and Hin Dat hotsprings. Sleep Thong Pha Phum.

Day 3 - To Pilok and then back to Kan.

Day 4 - Kan to Pattaya.

https://maps.google....8&via=1&t=m&z=8

Perhaps a ride to Erawan or the entire Si Sawat loop aswell/instead.

Kanchanaburi has to be a better bet than Hua Hin. Via Chachoengsao-Minburi-Pak Kret- Bang Bua Thong-Bang Len is pretty stress free.
  • Like 1

I agree about the BKK-Hua Hin route. Done it on my PCX twice previously....................bloody awful roads and nothing nice to look at.

I do not agree.

After you are outside Bangkok there is an excellent road No. 4. I did it 3 times with a Yamaha Nuovo less than 3 hours to Cha Am. Only big trucks bothering me.

Do not forget the Bang Na - Prapadaeng ferry this will save all the faffing about in BKK.

Not really legal but who cares, you can also take

Rama 3 -> Bumiphol 1 bridge -> Suksawat -> Rama 2

Prapadeang -> Bumiphol 1 bridge -> Suksawat -> Rama 2