23-Year-Old Briton Shot Dead At Countdown Party On Haad Rin Beach: Koh Phangan

The year of Miracle Thailand.

Twice as many gun murders per year than the US and a population a quarter of the size.

is this true? i guess you're saying per head of population?just interested,have you got figures and source?

I think his facts are all up the <deleted>, but then who worries about accuracy anyway.....

Yup. Prob'ly not.

http://www.genevadeclaration.org/fileadmin/docs/GBAV2/GBAV2011-Fig-2.3-complete.pdf

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

except of course none of this took place in Samui and the young man didn't get in a fight with a local. blink.png

The latter of which I pointed out a few pages ago - but on this and another thread, some posters are impervious to the truth if it conflicts with their ( odd) agenda.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

• Like 1

Interesting per capita stats here ... hehe biggrin.png

<p>Country Most

recent

Iraq 89

Honduras 57.9

Sierra Leone 50

El Salvador 49.1

Jamaica 49

Venezuela 48

Guatemala 45.2

Angola 40

South Africa 38.6

Colombia 37

Somalia 33

Liberia 33

Belize 30.8

Trinidad and Tobago 30.38

Brazil 25.7

Dominican Republic 23.56

Kazakhstan 20 (1997)

Puerto Rico 18.8

Ecuador 16.9

Russia 16.5

Swaziland 13.63

Mongolia 12.81

Paraguay 12.05

Nicaragua 12

Haiti 11.5

Panama 10.8

Suriname 10.30

Mexico 10

Lithuania 9.38

Papua New Guinea 9.06

Latvia 8.58

Thailand 8.47

Zimbabwe 8.44

Belarus 8.31

Kyrgyzstan 8.01

Zambia 7.89

Costa Rica 7.68

Barbados 7.49

Ukraine 7.42

Seychelles 7.39

Uganda 7.37

Pakistan 6.86

Estonia 6.82

Moldova 6.71

Sri Lanka 6.69

Republic of Macedonia 6.53

Namibia 6.35

Jordan 6.33 (1999)

Lebanon 6.33 (1999)%

well that got ate

Jordan 6.33 (1999)

Lebanon 6.33 (1999)

Georgia 6.22

United States 6.1

Albania 5.68

Peru 5.54

Ethiopia 5.48

Argentina 5.27

Philippines 4.31

Uruguay 4.3

There we go .. .seee I thought Thailand had a higher per capita M and H rate than Albania ... USA too wink.png

The year of Miracle Thailand.

Twice as many gun murders per year than the US and a population a quarter of the size.

It seems that many people are suffered from " I am better than others syndrome" need to read sth to get realized. I can't post the link but you can google "total crimes by country" for the full list. Here are the top 5 countries in committing crimes

1. USA 11,877,218

2. UK 6,523,706

3. Germany 6,507,394

4. France 3,771,850

5. Rissia 2,592,370

Oh..I forgot Thailand

20. Thailand 565,108

what about murders not just crimes as most crimes are cleared by the Amenesty and some take 5 years or more to reach court

Some pieces of data that are important are for Thailand vs countries x,y,z,: What is the ratio of gun related crime per capita? What is the ratio of deaths by guns per capita? What is the ratio of muder convictions by guns per capita?

It seems that many people are suffered from " I am better than others syndrome" need to read sth to get realized. I can't post the link but you can google "total crimes by country" for the full list. Here are the top 5 countries in committing crimes

Well NUNA I notice that when it comes to Muders and homicides you have nothing to say ... typical and that is the great things about statistics, if you don't want to talk about murder ... then hey I got some stats here that will put a curve in this chatter

Good on ya mate biggrin.png

Edited by LomSak27

UK ambassador, hoteliers mourn slain tourist

The Nation on Sunday

KOH PHA-NGAN: -- British Ambassador Mark Kent, Pha-ngan Hotel Association officials and other representatives of the tourism and hospitality sector yesterday laid a wreath in remembrance of Briton Stephen Ashton.

The young man was fatally struck by a stray bullet when a gunfight erupted during a New Year's countdown party on Pha-ngan Island in Surat Thani. The association also sent a condolence letter to the victim's family via the ambassador.

The association offered to follow up on developments in the case with police and take responsibility for the return of Ashton's body to the UK. The group called on security agencies to deploy weapons detectors and more security officers to prevent weapons being taken onto the island.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-01-06