Uk Tourist Refused And Confused

Duality,

You might wish to write a letter to the ECM in Bangkok addressing each of the reasons for refusal in turn, stating why you believe the decision to be flawed. There is no guarantee this approach will succeed, but it's worth a shot. If the ECM gives you the bum's rush, you can then write in a similar vein to UK Visas.

Cheers,

Scouse.

I have done that but you just get a reply not commenting on the refusal points you can do nothing about ie your hisband only comes to thailand 2-3 times a year. His relpy to us was just that he upheld the decision. What is 'uk visa'?

[quote name=.

i hope this was coherent enough for you guys to follow. alot more i want to say on this matter but i will leave it here for the time being.

cheers. :o

I am starting to think it might have something to do with where you live. The bloke at the labour party HQ told me yesterday that leicester was a black spot (ha ha) because so many indians and pakistanis stay on VV that it ruins it for everyone else, well that was his opinion anyway and he sees hundreds of the lying buggers clutching their appeal forms. As the MP shells out letters to all comers I expect these have less effect than they used to. At least the appeals place is in leics, I wonder why?

they said that i might claim benefits for her! how they came to this conclusion without even speaking to me i will never know. do they realise that i could only claim 55 pounds per week unemployment benefit? how in the frig could 2 people survive on that ?! i'm baffled by their thinking...
Are you unemployed then? Would she be funding the visit herself, or do you have savings? Did you provide evidence of how the visit would be funded?
she may try to find work in the uk even though she has some property and an excellent work history
Is she working now? If so, did she provide anything to show this?
my gf said to me '' why would a thai want to stay in england a long time if they are not married?'' a valid point that is lost on these cretins at my embassy.
Work, prostitution, sneaking in on a visit visa to live with boyfriend..........the list goes on and on.
her saying on her application form she wanted to stay in the uk for 3 - 6 months and then at her interview she said 2 - 3 months would be fine for her first uk visit but they took this as a discrepancie and didn't know how long she intended to stay in the uk, very fair don't you think?
Taken by itself, yes. But together with the other factors then it all adds to the ECOs doubts.

From what you have posted, it seems that your girlfriend probably has a good case, but failed to show it. Not providing evidence because " it's obvious" is a common mistake. As someone said elsewhere, just because it's obvious to you doesn't make it obvious to the ECO.

out of interest does anybody know how many thai girls actually do not return to thailand each year from their holidays in the uk?
Since immigration controls and passport checks on leaving the UK were abolished, this figure is impossible to calculate. Though I guess a bit of research will find how many overstayers have been caught and deported, those actually caught would only be the tip of the iceberg.

Unfortunately, the atmosphere of the interview room can be intimidating, especially with the glass screens. Unfortunately, the activities of idiots, who have been refused a visa for the girl they barfined for a few days has caused this. (Not that you are in that category, of course.)

If your girlfriend feels that she was mistranslated, then she should put this in her letter to the ECM and UK Visas.