Internet Tv?or Rent A Movie

Haacker

Hi People, As you know there are not that many English speaking channels on Thai cable/satellite/etc.

I mean other than sports. In order to get a lot of English channels it is going to cost a bunch of Baht.

I was thinking about NetFlicks but it is not available in Thailand. Has anyone found a service like NF here in Thailand?

I've been trying to get a DNS service working on my TV.I sorta got it working and I was able to get Netflicks and all the movie subscription apps.Also got BBC iPlayer working but can't get it to work since the new year.Might be something for you to look into ?

I actually really wanted to go buy a movie here in Thailand once -- Full Metal Jacket if you must know -- and it was not to be found. Shipping it in would take a heavy toll on the pocketbook, annoyingly. Counter-intuitively, the Thais <deleted> people and not allowing them to import items at a reasonable cost has screwed some of their markets to an extent. If i'm forced to obtain something for free when I'd prefer to pay for it, well, isn't that just an indication of terrible business acumen? I feel things kinda even out here for the most part, everybody deals with things differently, but I have to pay 5 dollars for a bottle of Prego, and 0 for entertainment. Seems to kinda work out just right in the long run.

well i have been using torrents long long time ago, but stopped since its illegal to upload content in my country and been using one click hoster such as rapidshare or uploaded and newsgroups, since thats only downloading and in CH its legal for private use. och or ng wont work well here, so i been using torrents and to my surprise, its faster than back in the old time.

thanks for your reply. thats what i thought, just wanted to be sure, anyway all copy media from mbk and all other shops, come from torrent.

a thief, well i dont think so, how many people download media compared to buyers, i dont believe its a greater than 10%, but i might be wrong

I bought and apple TV (4000 baht) then I set up an apple US account (free) (NOTE you can operate it with a Thai account BUT the movies are about 5 years old already and selection is just trash) then I bought a 25$ apple voucher (25$) and then I saw that if you wanted to download (buy file) a movie it was about 15US per movie, and if you wanted to rent it was about 5$ per 24 hours. I also had problems with my TRUE 12 connection (30 USD per month) so sometimes it would tell me it would be 14 hours before it could download enough to watch, sometimes it worked instantly. I tried netflicks but that does not let you start an account in Thailand so I signed up for HULU (8 US per month) which in the end was also cobbled for Thailand so I had to cancel without ever seeing a movie.

I wish TUTSYA video rental was still 100 meters from my condo. Ahhh the good old days. A walk down the road, pick up a video, get some noodles on the way back, get a beer form the 7/11. Heaven, Simple and less than 80 baht!

Edited by Whale

I actually really wanted to go buy a movie here in Thailand once -- Full Metal Jacket if you must know -- and it was not to be found. Shipping it in would take a heavy toll on the pocketbook, annoyingly. Counter-intuitively, the Thais <deleted> people and not allowing them to import items at a reasonable cost has screwed some of their markets to an extent. If i'm forced to obtain something for free when I'd prefer to pay for it, well, isn't that just an indication of terrible business acumen? I feel things kinda even out here for the most part, everybody deals with things differently, but I have to pay 5 dollars for a bottle of Prego, and 0 for entertainment. Seems to kinda work out just right in the long run.

I've seen Full Metal Jacket here for sale in Pattaya, at Tukcom. I actually wanted a blu ray copy so i bought it via Amazon in the UK and got a friend to ship it over.

I bought and apple TV (4000 baht) then I set up an apple US account (free) (NOTE you can operate it with a Thai account BUT the movies are about 5 years old already and selection is just trash) then I bought a 25$ apple voucher (25$) and then I saw that if you wanted to download (buy file) a movie it was about 15US per movie, and if you wanted to rent it was about 5$ per 24 hours. I also had problems with my TRUE 12 connection (30 USD per month) so sometimes it would tell me it would be 14 hours before it could download enough to watch, sometimes it worked instantly. I tried netflicks but that does not let you start an account in Thailand so I signed up for HULU (8 US per month) which in the end was also cobbled for Thailand so I had to cancel without ever seeing a movie.

I wish TUTSYA video rental was still 100 meters from my condo. Ahhh the good old days. A walk down the road, pick up a video, get some noodles on the way back, get a beer form the 7/11. Heaven, Simple and less than 80 baht!

I used to miss my weekly Tuesday visit to Blockbuster, two new releases for $5, or 5 weekly movies for $5, but now I download all my movies for free.