Music Players For Mountain Lion

T_Dog

My old MacBook died after almost seven faithful years and now have new Mac Mini with Mountain Lion. Unfortunately, the new version of Itunes won't play a lot of my music due to the restrictions they have designed in. Any suggestions on other music players that will play any MP-3 they see?

Not sure what you mean by restrictions? I use ML and Itunes plays any MP3 I throw at it.

Well, I got my problems sorted out. Some of the purchased songs from the ITunes store from my old MacBook did not carry over the authorizations and with my slow internet of ITunes connecting me to the ITunes store, it looked like nothing would play. Deleted the problem songs and things are good.

Will give VLC a look as it plays movies well.

Noting great on mac. Best is to run MediaMonkey using wine ... but that hasn't worked so well since ML.

Ridiculous that mac wont support FLAC.

I think you mean that iTunes won't play FLAC? That is true. So therefore can't be used on devices. No problem, convert to AAC. My favorite is Xact. Freeware. I use VLC for FLAC files all the time on my MBP. It even has a compressor built in along with their EQ which has rather strange eq bands on it. Smartconverter is another free app off the app store in Mac OS. It does video faster than Handbrake it seemed to me.

Edited by Jimi007