Amazon Global Import Duty?delivery To Thailand?

Sandman77

hello!

Amazon charge for most import goods the import tax , and add to the final price , on the website I read this is a special service, we pay the tax directly to the currier company!

Most of the tax , are very high for a value of 20 pounds of household articels system show 10 pound tax, what is much higher then 20 procent !

What currier amazon uk and eu is using?

The strange think , on game consoles and video games , no automatic tax has been added to the final price ,for export, I ask amazon why , but the also don't know it!

On the website I also read , when the import tax Is lower, then that we allready add you to the final price, we will refund you the different !,but this process can take time 60 days!

On amazon USA everything will be importtaxed before!

For a screwdriver set want charge me 35€ shipping from eu store on amazon uk only 8 pounds

So the postage from uk amazon is around the half to Thailand then I would order in eu store!

Does it also happen, that a item will be double taxed, onetime from amazon and Thailand post again?

Only want know some details , before I place an order!

Thx for your input!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

1. My orders from Amazon U.S. have all been by DHL to my door, no additional taxes or duties added in/by Thailand.
  2. I do not know what/who Amazon UK uses. I would guess Amazon UK would not use UK mail system.
  3. I have ordered electronics and shoes. The taxes added on seemed OK for each item. Higher taxes on electronics, lower taxes on shoes. The total price was about what I would have to pay in Thailand if that item were sold here.
  4. I have had refunds on the taxes on a couple of shipments. That refund is sent back to my Visa card as a credit.
  5. I had a friend ship a $200 electronic item to me by U.S. mail. I had to pay a 300 baht tax at the post office to pick up the package.