Flight To Penang

jonboy

Im off to Penang in a week or so and was shocked to find that the flight prices with AirAsia have doubled/tripled from about 6 months ago.Are there any other cheap airlines that fly BKK to Penang that people know of? Ive found out about tigerair but they only fly to Singapore.

Many Thanks :o

Are there any other cheap airlines that fly BKK to Penang that people know of?

As far as I know, the only other airline that flies the Bangkok-Penang route is THAI and they're expensive. You may also want to look at BKK-Kuala Lumpur and then KUL-PEN on AirAsia.

Are there any other cheap airlines that fly BKK to Penang that people know of?

As far as I know, the only other airline that flies the Bangkok-Penang route is THAI and they're expensive. You may also want to look at BKK-Kuala Lumpur and then KUL-PEN on AirAsia.

There must be another? Just 1? :o

There must be another? Just 1? :o

Just one. BKK-PEN is not the most heavily traveled route in the world or in SE Asia for that matter.

Consider that the potential players are basically just Thailand and/or Malaysia-based carriers. THAI flies the route. Malaysia Airlines does not. This just leaves the low-cost carriers. Nok is strictly a domestic operation. Orient Thai does not operate on this sector. That just leaves AirAsia.

• 1 month later...

I don't get it...booked ticket some week ago with AirAsia and it was cheep as dirt. Your telling me it was _cheaper_ before?

Read this thread before booking and thought I was going to have to dish out a large of cash, but no...

I don't get it...booked ticket some week ago with AirAsia and it was cheep as dirt. Your telling me it was _cheaper_ before?

Since the earlier posts on this thread, AirAsia has restored their second daily flight on the BKK-PEN route and seemingly lowered prices while doing so.