Does Farang Have Not Right To File Charges To Thaipolice?

kaffeburk

In cases of domestic dispute, the police officers will do their best to help settle the matter amicably between the two people before it goes down the criminal prosecution route.

That is obviously what they are trying to do.

Stealing my property after we have separated cant really be a domestic matter as it occurred after the relationship ended, and does the Police really have the right to deny me to file charges? I strongly told him that any meting was out of the question as long as no charges was filed.I could accept to withdraw my charges at a later point but to have a meeting with her when the Police so obvious was on her side did not thrill me.

To get it done efficiently you need to bring a thai friend with you to do the talking ,ive generally found for all matters serious a thai is needed to speed up the process or you get palmed off to the tourist police who refer you back to the real police who tell you to report it to the tourist police ........

farang grievances are not taken seriously at many police stations ,maybe in part because they have difficulty understanding what a distressed farang is trying to report exactly or maybe theyre just lazy and think if they ignore it you will go away and they can get back to their television watching ......

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'am really surprised how much wrote here to forget it and learn something about it. Stupid!!!!

If this are my things I report it to the police. If they don't do something, I go to the next higher policeman and report it to the local newspapers. Maybe you can go with a reporter to the police!!! ;-)

If they don't do something you can go to townmajor/citymajor office. They want help you too.

The next way is than:http://www.ombudsman.go.th/10/eng/index1.asp

For myself I want try it with a lawyer and the citymajor office.

I think your lady know that you don't have balls!!! Otherwise she never do it.

Look for a good lawyer and the police do everything for solve this problem. But it need maybe 1-2 years.

I was thinking in the same direction. I have been trying to find a good Lawyer that speaks English but could not find anyone in the town in Isan where I have spent the last 2 weeks. I guess that the plan for me included something that would put me out of options regardless of the condition of my balls. The plan was to wait until i bought a car - that would have been in my name. To get that car from me, that would be to make me sign some paper against my will was probably not by using methods you learn in Sunday-school.

However I deviated from the script. I guess what I got into is not so uncommon as some in this forum seems to believe. What might be unusual is that I still am in shape to talk about it. There is not much intelligence needed to come up with such a plan. The thing that make such an "unbelievable" plot so potentially successful is just that. A normal brain will reject the idea that such betrayal is possible from someone so close to us regardless of the logic and the facts. That is what can make stuff like this possible.

In cases of domestic dispute, the police officers will do their best to help settle the matter amicably between the two people before it goes down the criminal prosecution route.

Stealing my property after we have separated cant really be a domestic matter as it occurred after the relationship ended, and does the Police really have the right to deny me to file charges? I strongly told him that any meting was out of the question as long as no charges was filed.I could accept to withdraw my charges at a later point but to have a meeting with her when the Police so obvious was on her side did not thrill me.

To get it done efficiently you need to bring a thai friend with you to do the talking ,ive generally found for all matters serious a thai is needed to speed up the process or you get palmed off to the tourist police who refer you back to the real police who tell you to report it to the tourist police ........

farang grievances are not taken seriously at many police stations ,maybe in part because they have difficulty understanding what a distressed farang is trying to report exactly or maybe theyre just lazy and think if they ignore it you will go away and they can get back to their television watching ......

I had my Ex Thai Girlfriend and our baby daughter with me, in order to accomplish just that. She is far from naive and we did discuss this with her family before we took the trip to this city. Neither her, me or her family thought this was "not enough" for getting the police to help me. What I have been told later is that she had, either by her self or trough her "tuk-tuk" lover connections within the police. It was late in the day and not enough time to get a Lawyer for a second round that day. I had 9 cracked ribbs, was eating a lot of painkillers and lost my nerve and choose to not wait one more day for the Lawyer. I got a strong feeling that something was very wrong and decided to pull out and regroup. This was just one week after my initial run and I was neither physically or mentally in a good shape.

OP's handle KaffeBurk......sounds like Kathy Burke....anyone know her, a comediene she has appeared on TV in the UK regularly, programmes like Ab Fab and Harry Enfield.

I am suspicious by nature, this thread is so weird I have to think it could be a troll post

couldn't agree more, there is evidence of this from the get go in details

I had my Ex Thai Girlfriend and our baby daughter with me, in order to accomplish just that. She is far from naive and we did discuss this with her family before we took the trip to this city. Neither her, me or her family thought this was "not enough" for getting the police to help me. What I have been told later is that she had, either by her self or trough her "tuk-tuk" lover connections within the police. It was late in the day and not enough time to get a Lawyer for a second round that day. I had 9 cracked ribbs, was eating a lot of painkillers and lost my nerve and choose to not wait one more day for the Lawyer. I got a strong feeling that something was very wrong and decided to pull out and regroup. This was just one week after my initial run and I was neither physically or mentally in a good shape.

Ok, now this is all just starting to sound like an excerpt from a random "Thai did me wrong" book.

Money is long gone, Son.

OP's handle KaffeBurk......sounds like Kathy Burke....anyone know her, a comediene she has appeared on TV in the UK regularly, programmes like Ab Fab and Harry Enfield.

I am suspicious by nature, this thread is so weird I have to think it could be a troll post

couldn't agree more, there is evidence of this from the get go in details

If you point those details out perhaps i can clarify. If You get into trouble with a Thai in Thailand you are at an disadvantage if you get into trouble with a psychopath you are always in deep trouble. When you combine the two it gets really bad.

You have 2 choices that are guaranteed to work. Now, first accept the fact that you will NEVER get all your assets back at their true value. The strategy is to mitigate your damages at a minimum.

1. Next time go to the police station with a lawyer. Yes, you have to pay him, but he will get the response from the police you expect. You are not important enough on your own.

2. Kiss and make up with your girl. Do it "Thai" style. Make her want you back. Love her, baby her. Tell her you are sorry. Move in with her... then take all your things and disappear...along with many of her things?

The anger and attack approach doesn't work in Thailand. Just sayin'.

You have 2 choices that are guaranteed to work. Now, first accept the fact that you will NEVER get all your assets back at their true value. The strategy is to mitigate your damages at a minimum.

1. Next time go to the police station with a lawyer. Yes, you have to pay him, but he will get the response from the police you expect. You are not important enough on your own.

2. Kiss and make up with your girl. Do it "Thai" style. Make her want you back. Love her, baby her. Tell her you are sorry. Move in with her... then take all your things and disappear...along with many of her things?

The anger and attack approach doesn't work in Thailand. Just sayin'.

Yes, You are right but its to late for number two and for number one also. Her daughter and the "girlfriend" is staying with my GF¨s family and she is aware of that. I wont fight her mom while its like that, it would only hurt the girl.

I have not seen a Lawyer yet but its looks like the law is provoking situations like this. If its not illegal for either part to move things out of the house, and one of the parts do have a big and poor family and the other nowhere to move the stuff - what will happen when troubles set in?

Looks like Sweden's divorce-laws. If there is enough conflict one parent (read the mother) can get single custody othervice not. Guess if some mothers go full in for conflict?