Water Scenes !

samuijimmy

I spent the later part of this afternoon, watching "hoi" pickers... but except for mother became a sand castle building competition...

" Hoi" I can't imagine what else it means other than clams, or snails... have I missed something? whistling.gif .... perhaps don't answer that....tongue.png

about an hours digging...

untitled-54.jpg

Poor old mum left to collect on her own...

after about 5.30 many pickers on the beach...

My ex-g/f used to buy lots of "shell" - still alive, I think - and just chuck them in a pot of boiling water to kill and cook. I'm pretty sure they were mostly dark grey in colour - not like the whitish ones in your top picture.

Then the next hour or so was spent prising them open - although most were already open - and eating the innards with some foul smelling paste bah.gif . I never liked them and don't recall ever eating them, but they sure were a favourite with my ex. smile.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those shellfish/ clams seem to vary in colour, depending on area, sometimes I have seen black ones too.... Agree about the paste bah.gif They give same reaction to Marmite...

While they dug clams and made sandcastles, I found more interesting things to take pics of

untitled-25.jpg

interesting colour water.. ermm.gifermm.gifbah.gif

Between Sawang Daen Din and Phangkhon on road 22

25875684253_490d39e508_b.jpg

Right bundycat ; it's the real color and you know why ?

Because it's full of fluorine ;

it's not an overflowing swimming pool like we have in Europe .

I went there once and don't want to come again; I think it's dangerous with piss, faeces ...

Not the problems of thai people; what they want is a place where they can put their children in water and the adults are seatind in the shadow and eat somtam sad.png

Those shellfish/ clams seem to vary in colour, depending on area, sometimes I have seen black ones too.... Agree about the paste bah.gif They give same reaction to Marmite...

While they dug clams and made sandcastles, I found more interesting things to take pics of

untitled-25.jpg

Nice, very nice;

two beautiful " hoi " Jimmy;

be careful when pronouncing that thai word ...laugh.png

• 1 month later...

Sure tangaroa;

be careful with Google Maps;

I know nearly all red roads within a radius of 10 km around my village;

some of them doesn't really exist; it's a foot/bridle/MTBike path but not something where u can go with a car or a pickup, even a 4x4 one .

And sometimes it's more serious; the road exists really but stops in a ricefield ;

and it's like that on the two sides ..

What a fantastic shot ^

We were up there early this year,the place was chock a block with people and neigh on impossible to get a clean shot!

Would of killed for a FF camera with a wide angled lens like yours! I did manage to get the full building in frame,but almost fell down those step whilst focusing.

You got lucky with the rain also eh? that wet surface gave you the perfect opportunity for the reflection.We were the very last to leave,did manage to get a bit of

a sunset shot,but were hoping to get some shots of the buildings illuminated.Next time maybe?

What a fantastic shot ^

We were up there early this year,the place was chock a block with people and neigh on impossible to get a clean shot!

Would of killed for a FF camera with a wide angled lens like yours! I did manage to get the full building in frame,but almost fell down those step whilst focusing.

You got lucky with the rain also eh? that wet surface gave you the perfect opportunity for the reflection.We were the very last to leave,did manage to get a bit of

a sunset shot,but were hoping to get some shots of the buildings illuminated.Next time maybe?

Be aware that the temple generally closes at 5.00pm, and they only switch on the lights on feast-days! I wasn't aware, unfortunately rolleyes.gif

You must have too much money Ace!! ^^tongue.pnglaugh.png

We'll move on! Just up the hill from my place on Samui... over looking part of Ban Por beach.

untitled-99.jpg

oh dear!!! it has sized down to 800 bah.gif I just don't get it~blink.png

On next page the same image, showing at 1024 .... using different computer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...