Water Scenes !

samuijimmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting composition, @JetsetBkk ... I'd have gone for more sky rather than more water, but it works!

(Apart from that bit of land in the bottom right-hand corner).

Yes, I should've chopped that bit off as well. (I already chopped about 20% off the bottom because of a plastic bag lying on the shore line.smile.png)

• 2 weeks later...

Three photos from the tsunami day showing how fast the tide was coming in at Rawai, S. Phuket, merged into a gif file.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the tide "going out", but it was just as fast and a little scary.

tQVQ8Kx.gif

Some water and many bufaloes

What we can discover when cycling off the beaten track and meeting a bufalo keeper who have a good english !

25399394441_baf86979fe_b.jpg

Very nice colours and light; perhaps if you had moved left a little so that the object in the foreground, taking away from the tranquil scene, would not have been a cow's arse?

@FracturedRabbit ; it's a crop because I had the date inside the photo .

Thank u for your compliments,

From a bridge this morning during my MTBike balade

25492865542_f4e5a3a29c_b.jpg

Perhaps another lesson; take the date off the photo? The date and time you took it are stored in the image file anyway. Although what I meant was, if you had moved to the left and composed such that the big butt was not in the photo, it could have been a really nice image.

I don't have the date on the photo since a long time now; I know now it's in the exifs .

the date of the photo above is 2014 feb 07 , two years ago;

and next time when passing there, if the herd is there, I will do as you write .

Thanks again .smile.png

Photographing windsurfers in Pattaya means shooting straight into the afternoon sun (wind is best in the afternoon). This means I have to add typically 3 stops of positive exposure compensation, otherwise the subjects are just silhouettes (spot metering is too unreliable). The good news is that you can end up with a very sparkly sea, like in this shot:

25099619014_701c309617_b.jpgOL129707 by Spike Tennyson, on Flickr

Archived