Police Destroy “Kratom” Leaves Found In East Pattaya Muslim Community

Rimmer

Police destroy “Kratom” leaves found in East Pattaya Muslim community

kratom-22.jpg

PATTAYA:--Nongprue Police, who are responsible for Policing the Eastern side of Pattaya, conducted a raid on a small Muslim Community on Sunday Afternoon to seize and destroy a Kratom tree which was present at the location.

The tropical deciduous tree Kratom may be native to Thailand but it is still illegal to use it in the country. Kratom can be used in a stronger narcotic ‘cocktail’ from boiling the leaves and adding cough syrup, Coco-Cola and ice. The drink puts users in a sleepy stupor. This cocktail, called ‘4×100’, is popular especially amongst young Muslims. Because the Kratom drink causes a similar feeling to drinking alcohol, which is prohibited in Muslim religious regulations, a number of Muslims have reverted to drinking Kratom.

Full Story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/69718/police-destroy-kratom-leaves-east-pattaya-muslim-community/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-01-07

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

You cant drink alcohol but you can take a drug to give yourself the same effect ,a little like muslim finance ,you cant take any interest but there are ways around it to make a profit ,-hypocritical or what?

Why single out Muslims, same as Christians who don't adhere to the ten commandments or followers of other faiths etc, etc, etc...

Hear ! Hear !

You cant drink alcohol but you can take a drug to give yourself the same effect ,a little like muslim finance ,you cant take any interest but there are ways around it to make a profit ,-hypocritical or what?

Why single out Muslims, same as Christians who don't adhere to the ten commandments or followers of other faiths etc, etc, etc...

We dont tend to go around bombing people who dont agree with us in the name of religion

We dont tend to go around bombing people who dont agree with us in the name of religion

For <deleted> the OP was about a Kratom tree in East Pattaya, a peaceful & non threatening Muslim area, it is not populated by Islamic extremists

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

Try telling that to the thousands of widows - widowers- bereaved parents etc in Iraq,
  • Like 1

Try telling that to the thousands of widows - widowers- bereaved parents etc in Iraq,

I do not see what this has to do with it ,we are not fighting a religous war and i do not hear of Christians fighting ,bombing and killing in the name of Jesus every day in the newspapers ,what do you have against the brave British and American soldiers who are being killed every day by Islamic terrorists,in the name of their prophet.

anyway the guy was only commenting on the way that some believers in their faith get around the restrictions put on them by that faith in devious ways.

Pardon my cynicism. BUT why are they removing Leaves?????

Seems a lot of Beat up to me . Why ???

As an Investigator I have a question - How long did that b****y Tree take to get to that height ?????

Another question how many leaves has it sprouted during its' life that are unaccounted for. ???

This appears to me to be an exercise in futility BUT a great Media bit to boost the perception of enforcement in Pattaya

clap2.gif

Edited by Ohio
  • Like 1

As an Investigator I have a question - How long did that b****y Tree take to get to that height ?????

Another question how many leaves has it sprouted during its' life that are unaccounted for. ???

This appears to me to be an exercise in futility BUT a great Media bit to boost the perception of enforcement in Pattaya

clap2.gif

The BIB don't usually patrol in the back areas of East Pattaya. Probably phoned in to a civilian police volunteer at the request of a conservative local who against the young guys using the leaves. Also take this action if someone is taking YaBa & after been warned continues to cause family/community problems.

Edited by simple1

clap2.gif

The BIB don't usually patrol in the back areas of East Pattaya. Probably phoned in to a civilian police volunteer at the request of a conservative local who against the young guys using the leaves. Also take this action if someone is taking YaBa & after been warned continues to cause family/community problems.

So as a seedling it is OK , as a shrub still OK, at a metre high OK ........BUT then BAM !

Info to Police about Drug use is normal everywhere this is a stretch

ph34r.png

clap2.gif

So as a seedling it is OK , as a shrub still OK, at a metre high OK ........BUT then BAM !

ph34r.png

yes it's a stretch, but as I said BIB never patrol, at least in the back streets of East Pattaya, only if they are actively looking for an individual. For some reason someone must have alerted the BIB unless they noticed the tree during a search of the area

clap2.gif

ph34r.png

One thing not mentioned here, perhaps simple1 can enlarge.

A lot of these muslim communities are closed communities, some are gated at night, you dont just wander into a muslim community by accident, if you do you will be spotted straight away.

This trees leaves are classified as a class 5 drug in Thailand and its culivation is illegal, I know of at least one muslim village where it grows with no problems.

I can only assume, someone was warned about their behaviour and didnt pay heed, so someone within the community made an annonymous call to the police, Thai style, no face lost and no comeback.

There is usually no reason for the police to visit these communities.

clap2.gif

ph34r.png

One thing not mentioned here, perhaps simple1 can enlarge.

A lot of these muslim communities are closed communities, some are gated at night, you dont just wander into a muslim community by accident, if you do you will be spotted straight away.

This trees leaves are classified as a class 5 drug in Thailand and its culivation is illegal, I know of at least one muslim village where it grows with no problems.

I can only assume, someone was warned about their behaviour and didnt pay heed, so someone within the community made an annonymous call to the police, Thai style, no face lost and no comeback.

There is usually no reason for the police to visit these communities.

Until I bought a house (had to get away from the rosters keeping me awake!) I used to live in a Muslim Moo Baan in my wife's family house & never noticed any solely Muslim gated communities in the area. You are correct, non residents are noticed immediately as nearly as the resident families have been living their all their lives. The small single room homes and apartments are rented out to people, primarily from Issan, who have moved to Pattaya for work, including sex workers, nearly all Buddhists and some very poor Muslims who have fallen on hard times. As you say the BIB only rarely visit, to try and locate wanted people, mainly gang members who rent out the cheap accommodation. Some of the Muslim guys are also involved in the YaBa business. Never had any problems when living in the community.

Edited by simple1

....led to the detention of 5 local residents aged from 32 to 51. The group claimed they used the leaves for medicinal purposes only and they believe the leaves are an effective cure for diabetes. They would also feed the leaves to their children to cure bouts of Diarrhea.

These were no kids. In fact, these adults admittedly fed the leaves to there children