The Son Of Norwegian Diplomat Arrested In Thailand

george

There is much deeper sinister motive behind the lese-majeste of Thailand, which no other country even all these atrocious human-right nations in the world has to such an extreme extend, even North Korea or Cuba can not match. If you are a bit more politically conscious, it's quite easy to comprehend the motives behind all this. But this is such a pro-Thai forum, I cannot get into much discussion of this matter or it will be deleted anyways.

It's just horror how all these pro-Thai forum members act, they don't even know what exactly this Nowegian guy did, and we don't even allow to reveal the truth of this incident, and these members are slamming, insulting, calling this Norway guy deserves it, ignorant, stupid, deportation, ect ect. Do these members have any consious mind or any clear mentality at all, they don't even know what exactly happened and are already giving this poor man death sentences. That's why the more I read this forum the more I feel it is a pure pro-Thai propaganda forum.

I have friends who are political and human right correspondents here, and they have noticed this case as well. They are keeping a close watch for the development. Actually one of them who I met some days ago, told me this man can be qualified for political asylum for most countries of high human rights. He said maybe his own government may not willing to help, but he can request political asylum for Sweden, Suice, Nederland, Finland ect, he said if he can turn this case into some international attention, then it's in his favor.

Of course North Korea and Cuba can not match any lese-majeste laws, they have no Royalty!

There is a restriction on discussing Thai Royalty on TV, - mentioning it at all is prohibited - I am surprised this topic was posted, but it's a long way from "a pure pro-Thai propaganda forum."

Read some of the comments in this section on Thai politics and the PM to get a perspective.

It's just horror how all these pro-Thai forum members act, they don't even know what exactly this Nowegian guy did, and we don't even allow to reveal the truth of this incident, and these members are slamming, insulting, calling this Norway guy deserves it, ignorant, stupid, deportation, ect ect. Do these members have any consious mind or any clear mentality at all, they don't even know what exactly happened and are already giving this poor man death sentences. That's why the more I read this forum the more I feel it is a pure pro-Thai propaganda forum.

I have friends who are political and human right correspondents here, and they have noticed this case as well. They are keeping a close watch for the development. Actually one of them who I met some days ago, told me this man can be qualified for political asylum for most countries of high human rights. He said maybe his own government may not willing to help, but he can request political asylum for Sweden, Suice, Nederland, Finland ect, he said if he can turn this case into some international attention, then it's in his favor.

This has nothing to do with being persecuted for his political or human rights views. As I stated in a previous post I know this guy. He is usually to be found on Soi Cowboy, drunk and behaving like a muppett. A friend of mine, who knows him pretty well, told me about this incident. As I said in my previous post, he was not aware who she was and started abusing her and her personnel.

I would suggest that your political and human rights correspondents here concentrate on those who really need their help, and are real victims.

Of course North Korea and Cuba can not match any lese-majeste laws, they have no Royalty!

It's posts like this that remind me of what you're up against when you try to hold an intelligent discussion on this board. Good Lord.

...this is such a pro-Thai forum, I cannot get into much discussion of this matter or it will be deleted anyways... the more I read this forum the more I feel it is a pure pro-Thai propaganda forum.

Bingo. Hand the man his prize for hitting the target dead center.

The frantic fumblings of the Birkenstock brigade in this thread to prove how unconditional their love is for these wonderful people and their King seem especially silly, even by the rather high standards of fumbling they have previously set.

(I wonder if this post will get me yet another warning from a moderator that I 'won't last long on TV' if I don't cease my 'anti-Thai' comments?)

Edited by OldAsiaHand

It's posts like this that remind me of what you're up against when you try to hold an intelligent discussion on this board. Good Lord.

...this is such a pro-Thai forum, I cannot get into much discussion of this matter or it will be deleted anyways... the more I read this forum the more I feel it is a pure pro-Thai propaganda forum.

The frantic fumblings of the Birkenstock brigade in this thread to prove how unconditional their love is for these wonderful people and their King seem especially silly, even by the rather high standards of fumbling they have previously set.

(I wonder if this post will get me yet another warning from a moderator to cease my 'anti-Thai' comments?)

If you cry babies hate it so much LEAVE! Why hang around and bitch about it? :o

Why do these idiots always assume that everyone is here because, like them, we have chosen among all the places in the world to live here in the land of crappy beer and cheap women?

In my experience, most foreigners who are here have lives, real ones. And we're pretty much stuck with them and the obligations they bring with them. That's no different from people who live most other places. Do you think all those people live in Cleveland because they love it and think it's the garden spot of the world? Heck, in Cleveland they probably even have to pay real money for the women.

Why do these idiots always assume that everyone is here because, like them, we have chosen among all the places in the world to live here in the land of crappy beer and cheap women?

In my experience, most foreigners who are here have lives, real ones. And we're pretty much stuck with them and the obligations they bring with them. That's no different from people who live most other places. Do you think all those people live in Cleveland because they love it and think it's the garden spot of the world? Heck, in Cleveland they probably even have to pay real money for the women.

Idiots? You're the dumba$$ that can't figure out I am talking about hanging around TV. How the h3ll should I know where your sorry a$$ is at? I ain't your keeper. :o

2) Lesse Majeste - to which members of the Royal Family does it apply?

What we call lese majeste is covered by sections 107-112 of the Penal Code. It applies only to the King, the Queen, the Heir-apparent and the Regent. It refers to defamation, insults or threats, rather than plain "criticism."

It's difficult to see how this particular law could be used with regard to a princess at the present time. Perhaps that's why the details are being kept quiet. It's not impossible that they are still trying to find something to charge the guy with or are just giving him a hard time because there's nothing they can charge him with.

I thought HRH said that the Lese Majeste law should not be used. Remember when Taksin droped a case because of what HRH said, or have I got it wrong??
Below is a quote from the English translation of the King’s birthday speech, as published in the Bangkok Post on 6 December 2005.
About going to jail, if it is about offending the King, the King is troubled, in

many ways. First, foreign countries view Thailand as a nation where the

King cannot be criticised. People who criticise go to jail. There are those

who go to jail and the King is in trouble for that. I have to pardon them even

though they have severely insulted me, because farangs say: insult the

King and go to jail. They should go to jail indeed, but because of what

farangs say no one dare send people who insult the King to jail because

farangs say ... no one dare send people who insult the King to jail because

the King will be in trouble. They will charge that the King is not a good

person, or at best, the King is oversensitive and send whoever slightly

insults him to jail. Actually, the King has never ordered anyone to jail. Under

the previous kings, even rebels were not sent to jail or punished. King

Rama VI did not punish rebels.

I have followed the way: do not send them to jail, or if they are in jail,

release them. If they are not in jail, I do not sue them because I will be in

trouble. People who offend the King and are punished are not troubled. It's

the King who is in trouble. This is strange.

Moderators, if the above quote should be against forum rules, please delete this post immediately. Thank you!

--------------

Maestro

P.S. I deeply respect and admire His Majesty the King of Thailand.

Bangkok_Post_20051206_King_birthday_speech.pdf

Edited by maestro

We should know what he exactly said before we start critizing the poor guy. Can anybody get a news article that states what he exactly said.

That won't help because it wont be printed what he actually said. :o

And people are still unconvinced, in other threads, that Thailand is still a 3rd world country... :D

(I wonder if this post will get me yet another warning from a moderator that I 'won't last long on TV' if I don't cease my 'anti-Thai' comments?)

I notice when you talk in private with Thai people that except for the King there's quitte a lot of criticism to some other Royal members whom are clearly not as loved as the King. Because of that a lot of people seem to be concerned about the Royal future.

I get the feeling experienced maybe by early astronomers who speculated as to what the dark side of the moon looked like. It was only today that I said to my girlfriend that Thailand is a Country full of secrets. She agreed wholeheartedly and believes that in order for Thailand to become a true democracy this has to change. I would add that my Girlfriend is professional, educated and holds the King in very high esteem. Perhaps the King in his recent speech obliquely touched upon how a law designed to silence all criticism can be misused - indeed this has feint echoes of the cartoon furore surrounding the prophet Mohammud.

I get the feeling experienced maybe by early astronomers who speculated as to what the dark side of the moon looked like. It was only today that I said to my girlfriend that Thailand is a Country full of secrets. She agreed wholeheartedly and believes that in order for Thailand to become a true democracy this has to change. I'll wager that Amercia has more secrets than Thailand. :o

I would add that my Girlfriend is professional, educated and holds the King in very high esteem. Perhaps the King in his recent speech obliquely touched upon how a law designed to silence all criticism can be misused - indeed this has feint echoes of the cartoon furore surrounding the prophet Mohammud.