Sun Glasses Which Is The Best Brand To Buy

Jessi

Hello members and a happy new year to all of you.

Just like the topic states I am looking to buy a new pair of sunnies, I was about to but Rayban but I thought I would put the question oh here as there is a wealth of information on TV.

Also the price in Thailand of any brand you think are the best.

Thanks in advance.

I can recommend Vournier. They sell them, I think in scale 1-6. Number 6 is the darkest. You not supposed to drive a car if You use no 6. Mostly for skiers, mountain climbers etc. I have no 3. very good quality. Also have a pair of Ray Ban I'm very satisfied with them as well.

I have a pair where the lens wraps around to prevent the sun getting in from the side, very good for driving bikes or cars. Cant see the brand as the label has worn off after 5 years but think they were adidas.

i am not so concerned about brand as i am about the lens.

i would not buy sunglasses that are not polarised.

excellent at reducing glare and reflection, especially if you are on the water

rayban, arnette are two brands i have had in the last few years

It looks as if RayBan are the ones to look for.

Thank you very much for your help everyone

Cheaper to buy online in uk than in thailand

I've bought a few watches from this guy much cheaper than in Europe so I guess his RayBan prices are quite competitive too. 100% genuine in case you were wondering!

http://www.winniebois.com/store/product/Ray_Ban-1754511-th.html

Rayban / Oakley here in Thailand always more expensive than in the UK / US and rest Europe.

I would never buy on Ebay ! In many cases all you get is a good copy. Too many scammers on Ebay. The grade of the glass' UV protection might be poorer than that from the glasses of the original.

Make sure you buy an original. If the price offered is too good to believe, it is always a copy. Originals you can only buy at the Central / Robinson stores , never on street stalls. If it costs much less than it costs in US / UK / Europe, it is definitely a copy.

There is a trick on how to check the quality of the UV grade of the glass, but I forgot what it was about. Maybe there s a reader here who knows.

To have UV-resistant glass in your sunglasses is VERY important for the health of your eyes. You never get proper UV protection from 200 Baht glasses. Don't be a fool on a shopping spree for cheap junk.

• Like 1

It looks as if RayBan are the ones to look for.

Thank you very much for your help everyone

Cheaper to buy online in uk than in thailand

I've bought a few watches from this guy much cheaper than in Europe so I guess his RayBan prices are quite competitive too. 100% genuine in case you were wondering!

http://www.winnieboi...1754511-th.html

you buy confidently from someone, whose identity and address cannot be found on this website ?? Along the sunglasses offers (RayBan's from this site costs exactly the same price as in a German online store, not any cheaper like you stated). However there are these unbelievably low priced watches. "100% genuine in case you were wondering! " giggle.gif Probably same goes with some other items. I have seen some VERY well done copies, glasses and watches alike, which leave no reason to complain. If the screws on your Rayban have not rusted yet after one year in Thailand, you can call yourself lucky. On an original one, they never rust. Please check.

The most important factor in deciding how high quality and how much you want to spend is how long do you normally keep them before you lose them ? ...... I used to buy expensive ones but since I lose so many so often I just buy the cheap variety now ..... you can get decent polorised stylish ones with proper UV protection for 10 bucks all day long.

Rayban / Oakley here in Thailand always more expensive than in the UK / US and rest Europe.

I would never buy on Ebay ! In many cases all you get is a good copy. Too many scammers on Ebay. The grade of the glass' UV protection might be poorer than that from the glasses of the original.

Make sure you buy an original. If the price offered is too good to believe, it is always a copy. Originals you can only buy at the Central / Robinson stores , never on street stalls. If it costs much less than it costs in US / UK / Europe, it is definitely a copy.

There is a trick on how to check the quality of the UV grade of the glass, but I forgot what it was about. Maybe there s a reader here who knows.

To have UV-resistant glass in your sunglasses is VERY important for the health of your eyes. You never get proper UV protection from 200 Baht glasses. Don't be a fool on a shopping spree for cheap junk.

Very good advice, Thank you.

Ahh...sunglasses, my vice, nearly all polarised or available polarised:

Best quality lens, bar none: Serengeti , also extremely lightweight and some very bendy (and expensive) frames available, only downside is they are never quite dark enough imho.

For in your face style, attitude great polarised quality: Oakley. I have several models and one has the option of interchangeable lenses which is fun. My daily shades.

Ray Ban: the classic quality cool shades, perhaps a little old fashioned now but loads of models out there, the standby.

Maui Jim, very nice and relaxing on the eyes, light and funky design. Not really known here and don't listen to Thais who will be Ray Ban or fashionista brands like Chanel ,

a great choice of shades.

They are my favourites but Vuarnet (spelling) the skiing sunglasses mentioned by one poster are fantastic too, and really cut glare away completely. Wrap arounds are great for sensitive eyes .

Good luck with your chioce and you won't be dissapointed with any of the above, my advice...figure out how dark you want them and get that level too much or too little can be frustrating with a high dollar item.

All best,

PP