I'm Living In Hell Because Of My Own Foolishness

AAAGGGHHH

Being about your age I can understand a little of your hesitation to having a confrontation with a much younger Thai. Having said that and being in good health I would still face him and kick him out.

Since that approach won't work with you, go to the Jomtien police box at the beginning of Beach Road, talk to one of the nice officers there and explain your situation. Offer to pay them 3-4000 baht to help you get him out of your condo and to explain the facts of life to him about returning to visit you. It would help if you have a bottle of Black Label in your possession when you visit them...in a brown paper bag of course.

Change the locks on your condo and tell condo security the guy isn't to be allowed back into the building.

As far as looking for another roommate, I'm reminded of a sign that used to hang over a bar in Pattaya...

"BAR FINES ARE CHEAPER THAN ALIMONY."

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, if this story is for real you sound like your scared of your own shadow! I wonder if your boyfriend has found out you've joined TVF and is reading all these posts and knows your very next move, scary thought isn't it!!!!!

Seriously, you have so many options as mentioned by other members above, you could even utilize several of the suggestions, report the threats to the police, for a small fee have them and security remove him from your rented condo, pre-plan a trip to Cambodia or Laos (not sure how you'll survive there though if Jomtien is already proving too rough?), if you really want to keep the condo, I can't imagine why though, as a few months rent is nothing compared to being able to go to sleep without having one eye open, have a locksmith arranged to change the locks as your (ex)boyfriend is ejected. If you were to leave for a couple of months away somewhere, just rent somewhere else on your return to Thailand, it'll have died a death by then.

This guy is a bully, the more you put up with the situation, the more he's going to keep taking the p*ss out of you!!! You give a Thai an inch, and they WILL take a mile!!!

He bullies you because he knows you are weak physically and afraid of him too. Plan how to exit from there secretly. Forgo your 6mths rental, you have lost or going to lose more than that if you continue with him. Don't trust the police either, he could have some connection with them. Change your atm pin asap. He may even have a copy of your passport and forge your signature to cheat everything out of you. Be wary of all possibilities. This is Thailand, trust no one especially those who can speak english. Most are after $$.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

its not the remaining rent that is the problem, it is i dont know where i can find another place to rent at reasonable rent like this (12000 bht p/m) everything is booked out because of peak season. and if i mentioned the word police to him that im sure would send him over the top. he is not going to work tonight even tho he does not realise i know he is back at the bar working. and he does see that i am online but does not know this site , he cant read very much english. and even if i did manage to escape it would mean i could never go to any boy bar here again as he has so many friends doing the same work in bars all over boyztown and jomtein, i dont know about sunee plaza ive never been there and it has never been mentioned all the time i have known this guy

Sorry but this story isn't adding up. You gave him 5k to 10k every 5 to 6 days plus he just took 30k from you plus you buy a lot of expensive western Meals for him? And you worry about paying more than 12 k rent a month? What is wrong with you? Just think of the savings just by getting rid of the boy? I am beginning to have my doubt! Are you for real? How about move to BKK or Chiang Mai? Or get a set of balls and tell the boy to <deleted> off!!!

YES i am absolutely for real andf if you have doubts about what i have written then i cant help that, and yes i do have concerns about trying to find a fully furnished condo with seperate bedroom and pool for 12000 bht P/M electric 6bht water included in rental, security bond only 3000 baht, perhaps you may like to meet this guy and take him off my hands, i have calculated that since september 5 until yesterday morning i have given this guy a total of not less than 97000 baht, and that dont include the 28000 that he got from my account.and for that i am treated and spoken to like a mongrel dog by a guy that has a viscious temper. and is completely unreasonable in his attitude.if i ever try to discuss the situation in a calm manner Edited by AAAGGGHHH

As so many have said, if you are in fear of your life or terrified of this guy, change the locks, get out for a while and make sure he cannot get back in.

OR

seeing as this is only a rental place, settle up and simply move!! Change your phone number too.

Plenty of condos cheap enough. Look in Thai classifieds if you need a place urgently. Go to Nirun Condo complex or somewhere and get a place.

Stay in a cheap hotel for a few nights.

Next time learn your lesson.

Yes scenarios like these are believable. I've known of too many cases where people play with your mind over here.

• Like 2

its not the remaining rent that is the problem, it is i dont know where i can find another place to rent at reasonable rent like this (12000 bht p/m) everything is booked out because of peak season. and if i mentioned the word police to him that im sure would send him over the top. he is not going to work tonight even tho he does not realise i know he is back at the bar working. and he does see that i am online but does not know this site , he cant read very much english. and even if i did manage to escape it would mean i could never go to any boy bar here again as he has so many friends doing the same work in bars all over boyztown and jomtein, i dont know about sunee plaza ive never been there and it has never been mentioned all the time i have known this guy

Sorry but this story isn't adding up. You gave him 5k to 10k every 5 to 6 days plus he just took 30k from you plus you buy a lot of expensive western Meals for him? And you worry about paying more than 12 k rent a month? What is wrong with you? Just think of the savings just by getting rid of the boy? I am beginning to have my doubt! Are you for real? How about move to BKK or Chiang Mai? Or get a set of balls and tell the boy to <deleted> off!!!

YES i am absolutely for real andf if you have doubts about what i have written then i cant help that, and yes i do have concerns about trying to find a fully furnished condo with seperate bedroom and pool for 12000 bht P/M electric 6bht water included in rental, security bond only 3000 baht, perhaps you may like to meet this guy and take him off my hands, i have calculated that since september 5 until yesterday morning i have given this guy a total of not less than 97000 baht, and that dont include the 28000 that he got from my account.and for that i am treated and spoken to like a mongrel dog by a guy that has a viscious temper. and is completely unreasonable in his attitude.if i ever try to discuss the situation in a calm manner

There's no way this is going to have a happy ending. wink.png

• Like 2

OP I fully believe you and whilst not having the experience of a male companion needing offloading I have had 2 of the Female variety and I say without reservation you need to move your self soonest.

Pick your moment and arrange for locks to be changed when you KNOW he's going to be out and remove yourself from the scene........

Your health is the most important nothing else. These fruitcakes go seriously WILD with loss of face. I still bear the scars of 6 years ago.........

Are there not any Aussie Guys who might assist you or am sure any of the Brits around would assist you.....??

What dont you engage first gear and re read the age of the Guy..........

Not everyone is perhaps so macho as you...............

• Like 1

Honey you would probably be surprised to learn that I am only 56kg... Far from being a macho man, but totally unwilling to be a victim of abuse as this case clearly is. At the first sign of disrespect or physical threat one of us would have been out the door and I can tell you it would not have been me. The longer you allow this kind of situation to go on, the more deeply ingrained it gets and the more difficult to bring to an end.... Capish?

Ill bite.

As you are 72 years old and as you said want someone to look after you do the following.

1) Move out or get rid of the bloke he's bad news and just taking you for a mug

2) Get a house maid or similar buy nature Thais take care of old folk,pay a reasonable salary and you will be looked after

3) ref above keep your todger in your pants and away from maid

4) Get your fun elsewhere, enjoy your 72 for christ sake you don't need the drama

5) Dont be an idiot again and believe that you will get a good relationship from a prostitute.

Anyhow best of luck learn from it and move on.

Edited by stiggy
  • Like 2

Honey you would probably be surprised to learn that I am only 56kg... Far from being a macho man, but totally unwilling to be a victim of abuse as this case clearly is. At the first sign of disrespect or physical threat one of us would have been out the door and I can tell you it would not have been me. The longer you allow this kind of situation to go on, the more deeply ingrained it gets and the more difficult to bring to an end.... Capish?

Capish !! You're not talking to someone from an Asylum mate...........

The guy wants to offload and is perhaps asking for suggestions on how to do it..............Now do you understand that point ??

Go to another of these bars like the one where u met this fella. Get chatting to one of the more experienced guys working there and, assuming he seems like a nice enough guy, buy him a couple of drinks explain your situation. See what he says. If he rolls his eyes as if to say "Oh boy, you've fallen for the oldest trick in the book..." then things are looking up. See what your new friend would suggest as a way to get rid of this idiot.

Ultimately, your goal is for the guy you're shacked up with to say "Oh well, it was a good run while it lasted, time to move on...." which I am sure is what will happen eventually. That way you will feel safe staying in Pattaya. If you go to the police he may become vindictive, so i would keep that as a last resort if I were you.

Depending on what your new friend at the other bar says you might also consider finding yourself a newer, younger, BIGGER "lodger". Explain the situation to him, and providing he's OK with it, take him round to your place when the bully's there and introduce him along the lines of "Somchai, this is Dirk, he's going to be staying with me from now on. You need to leave...". Whether Dirk actually moves in or whether you just look after him financially for his troubles is up to you, but whatever you do, don't make the same mistake with Dirk...

Ill bite.

As you are 72 years old and as you said want someone to look after you do the following.

1) Move out or get rid of the bloke he's bad news and just taking you for a mug

2) Get a house maid or similar buy nature Thais take care of old folk,pay a reasonable salary and you will be looked after

3) ref above keep your todger in your pants and away from maid

4) Get your fun elsewhere, enjoy your 72 for christ sake you don't need the drama

5) Dont be an idiot again and believe that you will get a good relationship from a prostitute.

Anyhow best of luck learn from it and move on.

I guess he will have no difficulties to adhere to point 3 laugh.png

• Like 2

YES i am absolutely for real andf if you have doubts about what i have written then i cant help that, and yes i do have concerns about trying to find a fully furnished condo with seperate bedroom and pool for 12000 bht P/M electric 6bht water included in rental, security bond only 3000 baht, perhaps you may like to meet this guy and take him off my hands, i have calculated that since september 5 until yesterday morning i have given this guy a total of not less than 97000 baht, and that dont include the 28000 that he got from my account.and for that i am treated and spoken to like a mongrel dog by a guy that has a viscious temper. and is completely unreasonable in his attitude.if i ever try to discuss the situation in a calm manner

do you have balcony in your room and witch floor ???? lol

No offence to the posters or the OP ....... But you have had 76 years of living on this planet learing about life and human behavior and find yourself in an absurd boredering on a popostrous situation , after 76 years of experience and 76 years of forming whatever behavior you decided to form ......... exactly what do think you will gain from either advising him or what do you think you will gain from listening to others ?

It's obviously not news to you that being with an abusive person stealiing your money is not especially smart, it's also not news to you what the obvious solution is ........ So what exactly is your real reason of posting your story and asking a dumb question with such an obvious answer ?

The reson is because even after 76 years of life you can't find anything better to do than discuss nonsense on the internet ...... The reason is NOT because you really need an answer to your question

Their is nothing wrong with wanting to discuss nonsense on the internet , even at 76 ...... What is wrong is discussing nonsence on the internet and expecting or pretending that it's not nonsense ...... I'm not even saying it's nonsense because it's untrue ........ I'm saying it's nonsense because living with an abusive prostitute who is stealing your money and complaining about it and pretending you can't figure out what to do about it is nonsense, and simply absurd.

Now taken in a more realistic light if you want to continue on and discuss it in a way thats not nonsensical you should begin with changeing your role in the story from that of poor innocent victum to that of someone who is discussing how foolish he has been and all the mistakes you made and isn't it funny that an otherwise sensible person would get themselves into this situation for so long due to their own poor choices.

You will still be able to have fun on the internet that way but look a whole lot more sensible while doing so.

The title of the thread started off in the right direction ...... but your posts after that wernt downhill fast

Edited by MrRealDeal
  • Like 1

Go to a lawyer, not to small firm and have them come with you to the turist-police - not the Thaipolice - that's on the hill between Pattaya and Jomtien. If you have to go to the Thaipolice very much do have a lawyer with you. If possible rent a police for a day or two, let you lawyer set that up.. Get your stuff to a new place as a first temporary step, just for the night. You can get a decent room for 6000 to 8000 baht per month everywhere in Thailand. HuaHin is a nice and friendly place with many Farangs. Most places in Isan as some have told You are also very nice. Pattaya and Phuket is the worst kind of places for You.

Hes strategy is to keep you of balance so you can not think clear.

Being about your age I can understand a little of your hesitation to having a confrontation with a much younger Thai. Having said that and being in good health I would still face him and kick him out.

Since that approach won't work with you, go to the Jomtien police box at the beginning of Beach Road, talk to one of the nice officers there and explain your situation. Offer to pay them 3-4000 baht to help you get him out of your condo and to explain the facts of life to him about returning to visit you. It would help if you have a bottle of Black Label in your possession when you visit them...in a brown paper bag of course.

Change the locks on your condo and tell condo security the guy isn't to be allowed back into the building.

As far as looking for another roommate, I'm reminded of a sign that used to hang over a bar in Pattaya...

"BAR FINES ARE CHEAPER THAN ALIMONY."

thumbsup.gif

The best advise so far!

If the OP doesn't do so quickly he will face lots of more problems.

The police can scare the hell out of this guy.

Also: tip the security guys.

The present problems increased because of the weak behaviour of the OP and the guy realized he could go all the way.

NOW is the time to stop this guy. Chuckd gave the best of advise!

Go to a lawyer, not to small firm and have them come with you to the turist-police - not the Thaipolice - that's on the hill between Pattaya and Jomtien. If you have to go to the Thaipolice very much do have a lawyer with you. If possible rent a police for a day or two, let you lawyer set that up.. Get your stuff to a new place as a first temporary step, just for the night. You can get a decent room for 6000 to 8000 baht per month everywhere in Thailand. HuaHin is a nice and friendly place with many Farangs. Most places in Isan as some have told You are also very nice. Pattaya and Phuket is the worst kind of places for You.

Your kidding right ? Go get a lawyer to kick out a prostitute ? LOL ....... Get a lawyer to find an apartment ? LOL ....... I'm not sure what you think lawyers do, but kicking out gay prostitutes and finding people apartments are not exactly on the list of things they learn at Law School ! LOL
  • Like 1

Your kidding right ? Go get a lawyer to kick out a prostitute ? LOL ....... Get a lawyer to find an apartment ? LOL ....... I'm not sure what you think lawyers do, but kicking out gay prostitutes and finding people apartments are not exactly on the list of things they learn at Law School ! LOL

My experience is that Thai-lawyers can be quite flexible. i don't suggest to use them as bodyguards or to move furniture. But they probably already have numbers to one or more turist police that they already know or regular policemen. That way you can be fairly (not 100% sure) that you will get a sympathetic policeman to help you. Turist police probably will help you in either case, but other police probably not. Just tell the Lawyer that you want to make sure the police really is intersted in helping you and im sure he can make that happen for the reason we all know why. Its maybe not so easy for a rookie to just walk into a policestation and get help. I failed badly on my last attempt, but would probably have succeeded if I first had a sitting with a well connected lawyer.

The OP says he's 72 years old and not in good health.

If he's a troll so be it, let him/her have there fun. If intelligent answers are provided and the topic taken seriously at least the information is here for the next person who DOES find them self in this situation, so no great harm.

If he's fair dinkum then some of the comments previously posted show a total lack of humanity and understanding and some of you "Mr Asia's" should really put your head back in the dark smelly place you pulled it out of.

It's the same people posting stupid replies now who'll jump on here and bitch and moan and post more stupid comments if something happens to the OP.

If the b/f withdrew money that the OP didn't authorize that's theft.

If the OP is living in fear that's assault.

If the b/f is obtaining money as a result of threat then that's extortion.

The sexual preferences of the OP are irrelevant.

The law firm approach is a good suggestion, as too is visiting the Tourist Police or talking to one of the volunteer tourist police and the security and management of the condo. The OP might also be able to move to another condo in the same complex by paying a fee

Pattaya court would also be an option for investigating the issuance of a restraining order, but an interpreter would be needed and possibly/ probably a lawyer as well.

It would also appear there is no shortage of people ready to go and help the OP out personally if some manpower is required.

Edited by Yme
  • Like 2

If you are reffereng to me I promise I won't complain if something bad happens , why would I have or why should I or anyone have any sympathy at all for a person who has already addmitted that his own foolishness is what got him where he is ........ The fact that he can recognise his own foolishness means he is also perfectly capable of knowing and already knows what he should be doing , their are no comments made that he by virtue ok knowing he is being foolish he doesn't know already are the obvious solution.

Lack of humanity includes pertending people are not being silly when they are , not pointing out the foolishness of someones behavior is more inhumane than pertending it's not foolish just to be polite. A concept that seems lost on most in todays world but none the less true.

Here's some advice ..... pack your crap and leave or pack his crap and throw him out , stop going to prostitutes , and take a little responsibility for your behavior , stop whining and trying to pretend that being meek or defenceless is a reasonable excuse , stop using your age as an excuse when your age makes it less of an excuse,. stop using your poor health as an excuse for doing foolish things that have nothing to do with your poor health.

As far as the next guy goes ...... Exactly how much good do you think it will do when the next guy who knows he is being foolish comes along and gets the "advice" he is already aware of ?

It also has very little to do with Asia ...... The same obvious solutions would apply any other place

Edited by MrRealDeal
  • Like 2

If you are reffereng to me I promise I won't complain if something bad happens , why would I have or why should I or anyone have any sympathy at all for a person who has already addmitted that his own foolishness is what got him where he is ........ The fact that he can recognise his own foolishness means he is also perfectly capable of knowing and already knows what he should be doing , their are no comments made that he by virtue ok knowing he is being foolish he doesn't know already are the obvious solution.

Lack of humanity includes pertending people are not being silly when they are , not pointing out the foolishness of someones behavior is more inhumane than pertending it's not foolish just to be polite. A concept that seems lost on most in todays world but none the less true.

Here's some advice ..... pack your crap and leave or pack his crap and throw him out , stop going to prostitutes , and take a little responsibility for your behavior , stop whining and trying to pretend that being meek or defenceless is a reasonable excuse , stop using your age as an excuse when your age makes it less of an excuse,. stop using your poor health as an excuse for doing foolish things that have nothing to do with your poor health.

As far as the next guy goes ...... Exactly how much good do you think it will do when the next guy who knows he is being foolish comes along and gets the "advice" he is already aware of ?

It also has very little to do with Asia ...... The same obvious solutions would apply any other place

let me add this.. I did not post this situation in order to gain sympathy as you suggested nor am I using my age as a means to cover up my stupidity. I have known this guy for over 2 years. during those 2 years i have stayed with him on many occasions every time i was in thailand and during those times our relationship was reasonably ok, sure we had our minor squables and disagreements but they were quickly resolved without any hostility. the situation has only developed since i came here to live permantly in september 2012. I have been to his village many times and i have met all his family and he on most times seemed to be genuine and caring towards me, it is only since we have lived together that his whole personality and attitude has changed. he is not the same person that I have been involved with over 2 years. I have only known about this thai visa site for 2 weeks having come across it accidently and only 3 days ago i signed up to recount the predicamint i am now in . of course i know common sense prevailing that i have to disolve the relationship asap, either by me disapearing or asking him to disapear from my life. however the point that i am asking for advise on is how to handle it taking into account that i am worried of any violence that may erupt, is it unreasonable for me to be concerned for my safety taking into account that i have a "monster" living with me who is completely irrational and unpredictable. as for the money that i have been giving him i have done so willingly, it is only that now he is demmanding more and more each time . but never have i visualised that a person that i considered completely trustworthy could change so rapidly to become completely untrustworthy and deceptive. sure i did give him my master card and pin number, only on that one occasion , if i had any doubts at that time he would help himself to as much as he could withdraw do you think i would have given it to him in the first place. I can handle some of the critism that several of you have dished out to me and and others who have suggested that what i have said is untrue ,( each to his own way of thinking) further let me add this, be it i am gay bi or anything else has nothing to do with it. if the situation was with a woman or man it can still have the same conquences if it all goes pear shaped which has happend with me. and yes to the well built westerners who know how to handle themselves in a confronting situation with another well built strong young thai , unfortunately i i am a slightly built 76 year old that could not fight my way out of a wet paper bag. i dont want to involve the police, i dont want to involve body guards or any strong arm tactics. what i want is how do i kick out a semi violent unpredicable hostile bad tempered young thai from my life, because by me doing so i will be cutting off the major part of his cash flow and income.money. by the way hasn't everyone made mistakes in their life when it comes to relationships ? or has it only been confined to "people like me" ? Edited by AAAGGGHHH
  • Like 2

Hua Hin is nice, so start checking adds for apartments there, or contact real estate agents. If you are just renting here, you shouldnt have a lot of stuff to take with you, maybe one pick-up full of stuff. Terminate your rental, without him knowing. When he leaves for work, then put his stuff outside, and have a friend pick you up and then your out of there.

Yeah, I know everyone makes it sound easy to do, and its not so easy, but you have to do something, but start with finding a new flat, thats the first step.

Although you think this guy has connections everywhere, he probably doesnt, and after you split, he will already be working on the next victim.

• Like 1