What About Thai Men?

MGLinearArt

I know loads of thai man western women couples that are long term where both work together & contribute together to their relationship both emotionally & financially. I know zero that are like the supposedly thai poster (I have my doubts) claims but hey what the flub do I know right, I am only a western women married to a thai man who doesn't hang out with bar boys or motocy taxi drivers & neither does anyone I know. wink.png

Like Boo I know quite a few western women with Thai hubbies both in Bangkok and here in Australia and I too haven't met anyone remotely like a 'mangda'. And while my husband may be originally an Isaan farm boy who worked 20 years in Bangkok doing menial hotel and other jobs, he's an absolutely brilliant husband, wonderful step-father to my daughter and an excellent communicator. And since we moved to Australia he's not only learned a new language but also gotten a permanent job. I think as was pointed out on another thread, that there is a lot to be said for being raised by good role models. Perhaps the difference between mangda and normal Thai fellas is that our blokes have been raised with a decent dose of respect for themselves and others.

Edited by Goinghomesoon
  • Like 2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

( my bold ) I'm not sure this is entirely accurate. But I agree with the basis , men are happy to pay, women aren't. ( usually)

Have to disagree with that. It's something some women would like to believe perhaps, but much more complicated than that, depends also on the culture, society and many other factors.

Example: in the UK most guys in a happy relationship wouldn't consider paying and playing away. In Thailand it's just part of the way things are in society and tolerated as such - not viewed as anything out of the ordinary.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, weird, why can't I give my email? May be I didn't read rules before I clicked sign up.

Although it's not a dating site, but you're providing column "Dating" up there for some reasons, right?
I think it's normal for Thai culture to give personal email publicly. It doesn't matter for me, but just a little bit curious why.
It doesn't lead to abusing or illegal topics. I don't know. ~_~"

There is no "dating column". Are you referring to the google ads? If yes then they are generated based on your searches.

And the rule relating to email addresses is here;

13) Not to post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

one of the requirements of your membership is that you have read the rules, it asks you to tick a box, so worth looking at them so you have a n idea of what is acceptable in future.. As for the dating button, well that takes you to a different section which is not this one. smile.png

I have noticed that there is an increasing number of western female/thai male relationships that are doing pretty well. Perhaps the cultural divide is getting smaller or the partner's selection is becoming more genuine or carefully done. I'm not sure.