Nontaburi... Nightlife?

Nip

Living in Thailand over ten years and have just moved to a condo close to Don Meung airport. I am but a stones throw from the IT Square and Foodland but I am encountering difficulties locating reasonably priced local bars and restaurants to enjoy a few Chang and watch Premier League football. I am also not averse to female company. Anybody out there have any recommendations of where I might go? Thanks in anticipation!

You speak Thai? And how old are you? As there are a few places out here, but where depends on the answers to those two questions

Yes I speak Thai. I dont understand what my age has got to do with it unless you want to know if I am over 18? If so I left 18 behind me close to 30 years ago...Thanks for replying.

You speak Thai? And how old are you? As there are a few places out here, but where depends on the answers to those two questions

Yes I speak Thai. I dont understand what my age has got to do with it unless you want to know if I am over 18? If so I left 18 behind me close to 30 years ago...Thanks for replying.

Well there are plenty of places here, but they are almost all designed for Thais, age plays a major factor... Do you want to hang out in a pub filled w 20 year old thai college students, don't think that's gonna work out too well...that's why, try the paulaner beer garden& restaurant off of changwattana, near central, decent Italian is mr Enzo's by impact, BBQ sandwiching near nichadathani, green terrace on prachachuen, hostess lounge called beautiful girls club at prachachuen near the mall nww, north park has a driving range,& rachapruek golf club.. For the clubhouse you need a membership .. If your looking for expat hangouts, there isn't much...

Well there are plenty of places here, but they are almost all designed for Thais, age plays a major factor... Do you want to hang out in a pub filled w 20 year old thai college students, don't think that's gonna work out too well...that's why, try the paulaner beer garden& restaurant off of changwattana, near central, decent Italian is mr Enzo's by impact, BBQ sandwiching near nichadathani, green terrace on prachachuen, hostess lounge called beautiful girls club at prachachuen near the mall nww, north park has a driving range,& rachapruek golf club.. For the clubhouse you need a membership .. If your looking for expat hangouts, there isn't much...

The BBQ place is where? I live in Bang Bua Thong and love good BBQ. Thanks.

The BBQ place is where? I live in Bang Bua Thong and love good BBQ. Thanks.

Samakee Rd, just outside the main gate to Nichada Thani....

I'm not too far from you Nip.I'm in Tha It.There's a few good places along Ratchpruk Road.The Holland beer house is a good place.should be close to you.As far as bars go,I haven't found anything.I'd love to go out and watch a game in the bar but with nothing around here,it's just a case of sitting at home and watch it on me computer.

I'm not too far from you Nip.I'm in Tha It.There's a few good places along Ratchpruk Road.The Holland beer house is a good place.should be close to you.As far as bars go,I haven't found anything.I'd love to go out and watch a game in the bar but with nothing around here,it's just a case of sitting at home and watch it on me computer.

Same here... Got a place in Nichada Thani but nowhere really to go out to locally..

I usually make do with heading downtown after work to SKM area for a pint of ale a couple of days a week....

Same here... Got a place in Nichada Thani but nowhere really to go out to locally..

I usually make do with heading downtown after work to SKM area for a pint of ale a couple of days a week....

Thanks chaps I had a nasty feeling that this might be the case when I made inquiries from the local car and mo bike taxis. Blank faces all round... Thanks again for your comments and I will check out your suggestions... Thanks!

There's actually an Irish bar at the Impact Arena.That's not too far.Been there twice but only for a quick drink.Prices not too bad and a good selection of grub.

What kind of stouts or ales do they have?

If you're looking for company, try the night clubs on Rattanathibet Road on the left side about two miles before the Chao Phraya. Assuming you're not adversed to loud techno or acid house music, and don't mind the taxi ride back to Chaengwattana via Tiwanon Road.

Edited by Morakot

There's actually an Irish bar at the Impact Arena.That's not too far.Been there twice but only for a quick drink.Prices not too bad and a good selection of grub.

What kind of stouts or ales do they have?

From what I can remember,they have Guinness,Killkenny and I think I saw Newcastle Brown.They've a huge screen outside for sport.

• Like 1

Hi Nip,

I also have lived close-ish to that area. Depending on what side/location of Don Mueng you are, you could possibly pass (or be nearish) the Bang Khen circle/roundabout on your travels??

As you might know, thats the junction of Chaengwattana, Raminthra, and Yothin...which then goes further on to Saphan-mai and Rangsit.

There are a few places around that vacinity on each of those main roads, but obviously you have to explore those places during the night time to notice the places that are well lit up with bright lights.

Yothin has many but as someone said it is mainly infested with uni students. Have you ever been to Central Lat Phrao? or Majour Yothin? there are a few good places around there where they have out in the open beerfests from time to time.

Also one i have spent a lot of time at is Union cafe at Union Mall in Lat Phrao, good aircon and food, also jugs of beer LEO 139baht, or botts of hienekin.

Ive noticed a few smaller bars all around those areas as i did explore the region years ago, but as others have said, they are all Thai and nothing flash. There is a few terrace places on Lat Phrao road with a good view and pool tables and good food but sorry i will have to get back to you on the exact desinations.

As it happens i have just got back to BK and will most probably be on the prowl around these areas again.

I did know of a few Koyote places that were a bit out of the way. I just stumbled on them while looking for appartments in different areas.

There is a big one on Raminthra ive never gone inside but quite impressive from outside.

There was also a big one in Lat Pla khao road but it has since closed down and been replaced by a large restaurant that has live bands every night. From memory that place had a rather curious building section off to the side where i did spy all manner of thai guys and girls walking in and out of...and it wasnt the toliets either! Got no idea what goes on there!

Also, would be a bit of a hike for you, but there is a German Tawandang out on Raminthra but it is probably best for special occasions, although they do have a big bar area you can hang around and deep fried pork hock which is so dam_n good it becomes hard to stay away once you get the taste!.

I'd be interested to see what other posters come up with. I prefer the private message as i didnt want to post on the forum main as there are a few dickheads that seem attracted to my posts..just for the purpose to throw shit at me , and i really couldnt be bothered dealing with them to be honest!...and for sure i dont really relish the thought of seeing them at any of the locations i have mentioned!

Anyway mate, all the best with it, i will be sure to share any further (good) info i get...might even see you around some time!!

cheers,

ozzie

Hmmm.. Might try and check that out over the weekend..

Explains now why I was told that there was a Flann O'Briens in Nonthaburi.. Couldn't find it and ended up down at their Asiatique pub...

Many thanks one and all for replying... I am waiting on my motor bike to arrive from down south and as soon as it arrives I will go exploring... I will report in due course... I guess what I like about where I am is the fact that what I am basically looking for does not seem to be available round about these parts ... Which is good and bad... Cheers....

• 2 weeks later...

Try "The Breeze", around the corner from Central Changwattana. All farang, all the time. Some decent fish and chips, and a quiz night too.

That sounds like a runner ... Thank you... Will give it a try in the next week or so... Thanks

Try "The Breeze", around the corner from Central Changwattana. All farang, all the time. Some decent fish and chips, and a quiz night too.

Where's that then ?.I've been down that way a few times lately and haven't seen it.

Turn left immediately after passing Central (Rama IV bridge direction), straight over at x-roads, go to end of the soi..... Breeze is on the right corner...

Where's that then ?.I've been down that way a few times lately and haven't seen it.

Turn left immediately after passing Central (Rama IV bridge direction), straight over at x-roads, go to end of the soi..... Breeze is on the right corner...

Would that be Soi 3, where to turn into?

Any pinpoint on here? Cheers!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=nonthaburi&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x30e284c0cf76ab3b:0x987646dfdf55eea4,Nonthaburi,+Thailand&ei=pNcIUanLKobRrQfVg4GoBA&ved=0CKEBELYD

Edited by Morakot

Would that be Soi 3, where to turn into?

Any pinpoint on here? Cheers!

https://maps.google....A&ved=0CKEBELYD

http://breezegardenbar.com/

Directions on their website...

• Like 1