Police Urge Thai Women To Beware Of African Drug Traffickers

webfact

Women being wooed into drugs trade: police

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police yesterday urged Thai women to beware of African drug traffickers who they said were luring females into romantic relationships and then using them as drug mules.

Citing a Foreign Affairs Ministry report that 109 Thai women were arrested for drug smuggling overseas last year - most of them in Brazil, Bahrain, Taiwan and China - police deputy spokesman Anucha Romyanan warned that many African drug dealers were using clothing and jewellery businesses as a cover for their activities.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-01-09

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are starting to spread through BKK and not just limited to lower Sukhumvit. When I stayed in Pra Khanong there were a few living in my condo block; all African and all involved in the drug trade.

They are also quite prominent in Phnom Penh but the government seems to do regular purges and deports 50 of them at a time, something the Thais should be doing IMO.

• Like 1

Just across from Soi Nana you'll find a group of dark gentlemen (all failed footballs from the Thai premier league apparently ;) ) who could probably help you connect with some class A drugs should you wish.

This is a joke and for once it isn't the fault of The Nation.

<"Citing a Foreign Affairs Ministry report that 109 Thai women were arrested for drug smuggling overseas last year - most of them in Brazil, Bahrain, Taiwan and China - police deputy spokesman Anucha Romyanan warned that many African drug dealers">

You have to love the logic in this country. Because most of the Thai women were dubed by Non-African drug dealers, We the police would like to take this opportunity to warn the Thai women to be careful of African Drug dealers. Go figure!? thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

why African drug dealers? they should aware of all drug dealers not just using some racist words here.

most of these girls are prostitutes doing drugs already. i think the police should do their job better because they know where these drugs dealers are.

• Like 1

The women have been warned about being used by African drug dealers, these women are being used as mules by some of the lowest of the low in society (of various nationalities), they are being put up as bait for the world's customs and anti-drug enforcement agencies, meanwhile much more is slipping through undetected? What is the money from the drug trade financing? Terrorist activities, sepratists in different nations?

Edited by TomTao

You have to love the logic in this country. Because most of the Thai women were dubed by Non-African drug dealers, We the police would like to take this opportunity to warn the Thai women to be careful of African Drug dealers. Go figure!? thumbsup.gif

I'm not defending the decision to cite only African criminals - but the article does NOT say most of the women were duped by "Non-Africans".

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

They are starting to spread through BKK and not just limited to lower Sukhumvit. When I stayed in Pra Khanong there were a few living in my condo block; all African and all involved in the drug trade.

They are also quite prominent in Phnom Penh but the government seems to do regular purges and deports 50 of them at a time, something the Thais should be doing IMO.

Nice for once that things are called for what they are. Be tuffer and harder. If people are dealing in drugs just throw them out, back to their home-countries ASAP..........

Glegolo

why African drug dealers? they should aware of all drug dealers not just using some racist words here.

most of these girls are prostitutes doing drugs already. i think the police should do their job better because they know where these drugs dealers are.

They are saying African drug dealers because the girls are getting caught smuggling drugs for these African guy's not white guys and as far as they are prostitutes and use drugs - thats a big call and also very debatable. Get your facks right Goon.

Drug dealers is a restricted career - and should only be open to Thai's

still, you may get a working permit for this trade once you prove special international skills a Thai national may not offer (e.g. contracting business by using one of those "dark, clicking" languages)

<"Citing a Foreign Affairs Ministry report that 109 Thai women were arrested for drug smuggling overseas last year - most of them in Brazil, Bahrain, Taiwan and China - police deputy spokesman Anucha Romyanan warned that many African drug dealers">

Think you're missing the point. These Africans are operating in these other countries. Had a Filipina friend who was almost conned this way by a Nigerian in Malaysia, supposedly on a student visa. She was completely unaware id the drug mule issue abs Africans reputation around it...

Edited by Docno
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who has African dating service ads all over his screen? AfroIntroductions.com

One can see where TV is getting a good share of its revenue from.

I've never seen any on TVF. (Or am I missing a joke?)

Am I the only one who has African dating service ads all over his screen? AfroIntroductions.com

No, not a joke. TV is always full of ads for dating sites but normally just the Thai and Filipina ones. This is the first I've seen of it being context sensitive.

Or maybe it's just me? ...

One must presume they are in bed with the cops, just look at the Corner of Soi 13 and Suk in the evening. coffee1.gif

Yeah, I know I get a little tired of "Wassup man" "Wassup bro" or even "everything,everything". Enjoy the "hey baby" from their female counterparts even less.

• Like 1

No, not a joke. TV is always full of ads for dating sites but normally just the Thai and Filipina ones. This is the first I've seen of it being context sensitive.

Or maybe it's just me? ...

Mine too. African ladies.

Africans Using Their Thai Wives As Cocaine Mules

Thai women should beware of Africans who want to marry them, because their true intent is to force them to smuggle cocaine, the Royal Thai Police warned. Last year police arrested 109 Thai women who were caught trying to smuggle drugs into Thailand. They said their foreign husbands had forced them to be drug mules.

BANGKOK – January 8, 2013 [PDN]; At the Royal Thai Police office, a warning was issued to Thai women to be wary of African suitors who may be drug smugglers, said police spokesman Pol. Col. Anucha Romyanan.

In the past year, the police have been coordinating with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They reported that many Thai women have been arrested after being forced to transport drugs by an African gang.

Along with Thai women, many Asian women have been arrested on drug smuggling charges, especially in Brazil, Bahrain, China and Taiwan, police said.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...-cocaine-mules/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-01-09

footer_n.gif

There's plenty of people of all races and nationalities getting convicted, jailed or deported from Thailand. If the police feel that they are worried about a particular problem with a particular ethnic group then they are entitled to state it.

When it get's to the point that the police can't do that due to political correctness then we'll know that the Nanny State disease will have infected Thailand too. Who wants that then?

Not me, no thanks.

Edited by theblether
  • Like 2