My Ed Visa Is Expiring - But I Want 3 More Months Here

I am Danish, 47 years old, and have been living in Pattaya for a bit more than 2 years now.

My current ED-visa is expiring on 5th Feb, and i may most likely have to return to my own country soon to restock cash with one of those dreaded J.O.B´s

But at the moment Denmark is freezing cold, and i would like to stay here for another 3 months, but after asking at Walen, i have to pay for a full year, and thats around 25k.

So what i would like advice about is the smartest/cheapest way to stay here for another 3 months?

I would like advice on everything, from where to go and what type of visa to apply for, to busses, trains, hotels and whatever else you guys know about and can think about.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Leave the country and get a single entry tourist visa in Laos or Cambodia.

The visa is good for a stay of 60 days and costs 1,000 baht, you can extend it in Thailand for another 30 days for an additional 1,900 baht. Giving you 90 days.

Thanks

And you dont think that would be a problem on the back of an ED-visa?

Is a 60 day visa the standard tourist visa? i thought it were only 30 days, but this sounds even easier than i thought.

I can get it in Cambodia you say... That sounds convenient...

Where is the Thai embassy in Cambodia?

Would it be smart to take a visa run bus from here? or should i drive there myself on my Honda phantom, if so i might make a small holiday of it.

Sorry if these are kinda stupid questions, but i would like to be fully prepared before going for the visa.

Sorry, but the questions keep coming after reading those posts.

What kind of documents would i need to bring to the embassy?

How much does the visa cost?

What does it cost to enter Laos/Cambodia?

How much extra for a double entry in case i change my mind and wish to stay another 3 months?

Sorry again, but reading those posts just seems to be confusing me even further...

required docuemnts are passport, pass photo, form

fee is 1,000 baht a double would cost 2,000 baht. Only in Laos will you get a double entry. Cambodia a single entry only.

Entry into Laos costs about 35 US dollar, entry into Cambodia I believe about 25$.