Is It Possible To Be Made Land Usufruct Agreement For A Lifetime Of Several Usufructuaries?

I have always hoped that I would go to London , Paris or NY, meet some person who out of the goodness of their heart just signed over his house, land for me to use for the rest off my life. Not happened there or in Thailand.

Read the Thai civil code carefully. Jim

Presumably it wouldn't be out of the goodness of anyone's heart?

I have always hoped that I would go to London , Paris or NY, meet some person who out of the goodness of their heart just signed over his house, land for me to use for the rest off my life. Not happened there or in Thailand.

Read the Thai civil code carefully. Jim

Presumably it wouldn't be out of the goodness of anyone's heart?

No that's the bit where money comes in and where money is involved you need to be extra careful. Jim

Most on that link is to say the least 'shaky'.

Precedence is not used in Thailand, everything is case based so some ruling in 1998 is no guarantee.

'Land can never be sold' is just not true. The usufruct will stay in place however, that is the whole point of it being registered on the land title. Same for a lease.

Renting out land is only possible for 3 year periods, longer than that and it needs to be registered on the landtitle which needs approval of the owner. You can bet that he will not allow a 30 year lease when you are close to your last days on earth. So what value is being able to lease it? It is better than nothing, and it will give you the possibility to recoup your money in about 30-40 years.

Typical lawyer talk, sound good, until you go into the details, then most of it sucks.

Most on that link is to say the least 'shaky'.

Precedence is not used in Thailand, everything is case based so some ruling in 1998 is no guarantee.

'Land can never be sold' is just not true. The usufruct will stay in place however, that is the whole point of it being registered on the land title. Same for a lease.

Renting out land is only possible for 3 year periods, longer than that and it needs to be registered on the landtitle which needs approval of the owner. You can bet that he will not allow a 30 year lease when you are close to your last days on earth. So what value is being able to lease it? It is better than nothing, and it will give you the possibility to recoup your money in about 30-40 years.

Typical lawyer talk, sound good, until you go into the details, then most of it sucks.

Exactly

The only good thing about Leases & Usufruts is that it may put people of from buying

As i have just been dealing with lawyers they asked if i wanted one for my protection

As mention the above doesnt stop it from being hocked (& hopefully theres no knock on the door ) or sold

THEY ONLY ALLOW YU TO STAY ON LAND