Chiang Mai Properties

DixiePig

Out of interest, if the price was actually written down on particulars rather than just given over the phone, what is their excuse for changing it? 45% is not "bunging a bit on the top" but more like a major mistake on someone's part. If they can't say you simply misunderstood they must have some reason to fall back on, surely?

Don't know what to say about CM Properties except we listed our very nice home with them over six months ago and NEVER rec'd one call or anyone show up to take a look. We eventually sold our home by just placing a sign on the front gate.

I haven't heard many good things about any real estate companies...

Like others have suggested. If you have just moved to CM, better to rent 3-4 months and get a lay-out of the whole city and which areas you would prefer to live. Then you could check with some realtors and see what they have available in those areas. But as a whole, most everyone who is selling asks "top price" for their property. Most sellers do not like to pay commissions. I think it's better to deal directly with sellers/buyers and work from there. I believe there could be more mutual negotiations between buyer/seller if contact is made personally and not thru a realtor.

So many other factors also. Would there be a home loan? Paying cash?

Personally I would just drive around and continue until I see something I like, whether it be by private seller or listed with a realtor's sign.

I gave them a list of my requirements left it with them for a few days, they then gave me details of properties that were of interest and fitted the bill . A couple of days later they arranged viewings for six properties all of which suitable . No time wasted a good service.I bought one of the properties they showed me. Despite stories of inflated prices for farangs all my thai family and friends thought it was a very good buy. Staff were all very professional I was very impressed by their attitude and helpfulness .

Note.. I am in no way connected with this company.

Despite stories of inflated prices for farangs all my thai family and friends thought it was a very good buy.

I think the days of inflated prices for farangs (who have been here a while), is a thing of the past, it's a buyers/renters market. I can't remember a time when I saw so many properties for sale and rent, despite all the stories about people flocking here from Bangkok, Beijing and Tokyo.

While in Kunming China, I thought of buying an apartment for my wife but thought the prices were ridiculously high so I thought I would probably buy a condo here in CM instead. When I returned a couple of months ago, I found the prices about the same here as in Kunming. If it's a buyer's market, it is hard to tell by the inflated prices they want for new condo's not even built yet.

I have just placed a house for sale with them .They seemed professional and asked all the right questions .Anyway time will tell how good they are .The house is selling for just under one million baht ,so hopefully they can unload it quickly .If they do then they will be well worth the 3% they charge .

Edited by anto

To be honest, has been said before...forget using an agent, just stick a 'For Sale' sign on the outside in Thai and English with telephone number, much more effective and cheaper!

Well i have tryied that already as well as placing adds myself on other web sites for 4 months now without result .Did get one buyer who messed me about and then pulled out .Got lots of tyre kickers and people just looking at houses for their own amusement .At this stage i need a break from it and hope the Agents can do the job .

To be honest, has been said before...forget using an agent, just stick a 'For Sale' sign on the outside in Thai and English with telephone number, much more effective and cheaper!

Well i have tryied that already as well as placing adds myself on other web sites for 4 months now without result .Did get one buyer who messed me about and then pulled out .Got lots of tyre kickers and people just looking at houses for their own amusement .At this stage i need a break from it and hope the Agents can do the job .

Problem is that there are so many properties for sale and new ones being built all the time. Took over a year to sell ours (we had it on with agents as well) and it was realistically priced! Good luck.