An Appeal To You Clued In Frequent Travellers: Help

SteeleJoe

My 75 year old mother and somewhat less than robust 85 year old stepfather are flying into Bangkok next week. Their flight arrives at midnight and I have just found out that for reasons beyond my control, I will not be able to meet them. So I'm interested in arranging a pickup from the airport.

Sure, I could call any number of travel agencies but I thought surely with all the very experienced folks on this forum, someone might have an especially good recommendation.

My criteria in order of priority:

Absolutely reliable and competent: someone who will be waiting at the right place at the airport when my folks come out of the arrivals gate.

Safe: Will drive in a sane and sensible way.

Helpful: Can give a bit of a hand with bags and such.

Affordable: Given all that's going on with this visit and other factors, the current situation is such that we need to stay on as tight a budget as possible.

So, any numbers or links for me? I'd be truly grateful to any and all who could take the time to give me some info.

Should have thought of that...

Just English -- and not even much of that. All they need is to be picked up at the right time and taken to the right place and I speak Thai so the driver could call me with any communication problems.

I take it you mean PM you in the morning to remind you? Will do, thanks very much!

I welcome any more recommendations (so I can compare prices) from other helpful folks...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Make arangements with the airline for Wheelchair service for them. It is probably in their interest that they request this in advance from the airline and use it both ends of the trip...(it will probably get them a better plane seat too.

This will see them fairly quickly taken from the plane and helped to recieve the luggage and through immigration to outside the airport. THis will help them even if they do not normally need a wheelchair as they will be tired and the wheelchair person will help them.. Which airport are they arriving at and what airline?

Edited by harrry

Make arangements with the airline for Wheelchair service for them. It is probably in their interest that they request this in advance from the airline and use it both ends of the trip...(it will probably get them a better plane seat too.

This will see them fairly quickly taken from the plane and helped to recieve the luggage and through immigration to outside the airport. THis will help them even if they do not normally need a wheelchair as they will be tired and the wheelchair person will help them.. Which airport are they arriving at and what airline?

Wheelchair has been arranged already. Thanks harrry.

It's Asiana Airlines to Suvarnabhumi Intl

Edited by SteeleJoe

Not sure if i have missed but where are they going to? Will give more options and probably better if somebody comes from destination to pick them up rather than using a bangkok firm, as in most reliable taxi's to Pattaya are private hire based in Pattaya used by many ex pats here.

Just on question : limousine transfer to where ?

I always use http://www.thelimopa...ticle&Id=561301 for transfers to Pattaya.

They also do other destinations but not Bangkok.

As for meet en greet I would recommend http://www.bangkokfl....com/index.html

But if wheelchair is arranged for, then there's no need for meet and greet.

Meeting place for pre arranged car is always at door 3 on the second floor.(arrival)

Hope this helps

Yermaneewai.gif

Edited by yermanee

Thanks Yermanee

Stupid of me not to include this info:

They will be coming to the very edge of the Thon Buri / Samu Prakan line (Phra Padaeng) - essentially the very bottom of the Bangkok Map but not real far from the Airport.

Meeting place for pre arranged car is always at door 3 on the second floor.(arrival)

Never arranged a wheelchair before. Are you saying Airline or Airport staff will ALWAYS wheel them to door 3?

I have alway found the TOT limo service to be reliable. There is a counter just as you exit customs, not the cheapest option but they will have a comfortable ride in a camry and all the drivers I have had from TOT seem to drive sanely.

I have alway found the TOT limo service to be reliable. There is a counter just as you exit customs, not the cheapest option but they will have a comfortable ride in a camry and all the drivers I have had from TOT seem to drive sanely.

Yeah, it occurred to me when I woke up that I had somehow overlooked that option - I even used them once (long ago). I'm going to try and figure out how much that costs...only thing is I'm not sure it can pre-arranged. And if I leave to my folks to do at the airport they'll just say, "Oh, no we'll just get a taxi..."

Anyway, thanks for that suggestion (that I should have thought of myself!)

Another option to consider would be checking the cost of the airport hotel. You could then pick them up later after they had had a good night sleep...........On second thoughts probably a bit expensive

Edited by harrry

Another option to consider would be checking the cost of the airport hotel. You could then pick them up later after they had had a good night sleep...........On second thoughts probably a bit expensive

As I say, it's not a time for me to be spending any extra money but my parents wouldn't allow me to, and while they are quite comfortable financially speaking they are notoriously, breathtakingly TIGHT. (I shouldn't criticize - it's allowed them to spend 35 years doing 6 months a year travel and the rest in a beautiful home in Mexico - I probably spend more than they do and don't even come close to living as well).

But thanks for the idea.

Never arranged a wheelchair before. Are you saying Airline or Airport staff will ALWAYS wheel them to door 3?

No what I'm saying is that if you arranged a car for them the driver will wait near door 3 with a sign containing the names of your folks.

Don't know exactly how far the wheelchair service goes, if in doubt then BFS meet en greet is the way to go.

Yermanee wai.gif

No what I'm saying is that if you arranged a car for them the driver will wait near door 3 with a sign containing the names of your folks.

Don't know exactly how far the wheelchair service goes, if in doubt then BFS meet en greet is the way to go.

Yermanee wai.gif

Right. Thanks.

Hadn't had my coffee yet when I posted that...

With a quick glance I wasn't able to work out on that site what the charges were but while it looks truly excellent, I suspect their meet and greet service would be pricier than I want or need - but I'm going to make an inquiry with them nonetheless...

Yermanee wai.gif

I got wheeled all the way to my car in the carpark building last year after a knee injury. Even though I arrived by domestic flight (so no immigration was involved), I would think they wheel you anywhere you want, not only to door 3.

• Like 1

Yermanee wai.gif

I got wheeled all the way to my car in the carpark building last year after a knee injury. Even though I arrived by domestic flight (so no immigration was involved), I would think they wheel you anywhere you want, not only to door 3.

Thanks tombkk. Good to know.

Yermanee wai.gif

Yes good to know indeed.

Thanks

Yermanee wai.gif

-----------------------

Yes, definately request a wheel chair frorn the airline.

If nothing else, the person bringibg the wheelchair will walk then tgrough immigration and pick up their baggage,

They will also get priority at the immigration booths, and if needed will be using the lifts/elevators not having to go up/down stairs.

The person running the wheelchair will also take them to the designated meeting point, where your pickup service can meet them.

No cost from the airline, but I would suggest you give a modest tip to the wheelchair person for good service.

They may even be given better seating on he plane, for better access on/off the plane ... but that's up to the airline.