Mobile Phone Snatch Suspect Caught By Police In East Pattaya

Rimmer

Mobile Phone Snatch suspect caught by Police in East Pattaya

arrest-2.jpg

PATTAYA:--A Bangkok Nurse who is currently on holiday in Pattaya had her phone snatched from her as she used the device while travelling as passenger on a motorbike in the early hours of Friday.

Khun Nawamon aged 28 is a nurse at the Paolo Memorial Hospital Chockchai 4 Branch in Bangkok and has been visiting a friend who lives in East Pattaya. The pair were on their way back home just after 1am when a Thai man, wearing a distinctive black football shirt with the number 16 on the back, pulled up beside the pair in Soi Mapyailia 23 and snatched Khun Nawamon’s LG mobile phone and drove off.

Luckily Khun Nawamon was able to record the license plate number and make & model of the motorbike

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/70010/mobile-phone-snatch-suspect-caught-police-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-01-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

about 6 yrs ago I was on KL and a few wise guys on a motor cycle grabbed my shoulder bag and I held on tight and pulled him off the bike.....before I knew it about 6 or more people ran out of the 711 and literally kicked the crap out of him and held him till police arrived.. I preferred charges and he was sentenced to 3 months but 10 strokes of the Rotan each month....now that would do nicely in Thailand...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Earlier this week my friend had her handbag snatched whilst we were both walking on the pavement, by 2 guys on a motorbike - also on the pavement ! not far from macro / Chong Nongsi, in Bangkok. Everything was in the bag of course, money, phone.

It was the second time in 6 months this has happened to her, last time was also a guy on a bike on the pavement - and whilst making the police report, I tried asking why the police turn a blind eye to people riding motorbikes on the pavements/sidewalks. There would be much less of this type of crime if they enforced the law and stopped motorbikes driving on the pavements.

I might have well banged my head against the wall instead of asking the unthinkable - it would have been more useful.

I was walking down Soi Paniad Chang last year about 5am to the bus station when I remember thinking 'that bike is close to me' next thing I was on the floor where they tried to grab my back pack off me.

What surprised me was they then stopped the bike, got off and walked back to me ended up fighting both of them. I'm 6' and 100kg's but that didn't deter them.......

It's incredible that the newspaper would publicize the victims personal details --

name, age, photo, occupation and exact workplace. Will make it so easy for the

snatcher or his friends if they want to "get even" with her.

Really unreal!

• Like 2