Packages & Plans For Iphone 5

KelCastro

I tried searching to see if this question had already been answered, but I couldn’t find one.

Pretty much I would like to know what the best package is for an iPhone 5. I don’t know if they are the same as the other iPhones, and I don’t know which company has these plans (AIS, TRUE, dTAC, etc.). I would rather do a prepaid month to month instead of a long contract.

Most important is internet, the minutes on the phone don’t matter too much as we do not make many phone calls.

Also, I already have the phone, I just need a sim card and sign up.

Thanks!

A lot depends on your location(s), and monthly usage requirements.

It may be best to experiment with SIMs from AIS/One-2-Call, DTAC/Happy and TrueMove H? SIMs are ~ 50 baht, daily plans are 49 baht. Then go with the one which seems to meet your requirements.

Generally speaking a volume-based plan which offers "unlimited internet usage", albeit with a fair-use speed limit once you reach your monthly threshold, is ideal.

http://www.thaivisa....-maps-thailand/

A lot depends on your location(s), and monthly usage requirements.

It may be best to experiment with SIMs from AIS/One-2-Call, DTAC/Happy and TrueMove H? SIMs are ~ 50 baht, daily plans are 49 baht. Then go with the one which seems to meet your requirements.

Generally speaking a volume-based plan which offers "unlimited internet usage", albeit with a fair-use speed limit once you reach your monthly threshold, is ideal.

We’ve had a blackberry plan with AIS/One-2-Call for a while now. We were thinking about staying with them, but with the switch of the phone, we weren’t sure if there was a better option.

the best plan for using unlimited mobile Internet nationwide in Thailand right now is DTAC, because after reaching the download limit (depend on your package) DTAC only will reduce your download speed to 64 kbps (1GB/month 399,-Baht) or 384 kbps (3GB/month 650,-Baht). Also the nationwide 3G coverage is okey.

AIS-GSM for example will charge you extra money for every MB after using up your download package (500MB free 399,-Baht/month) and True is only good for Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket area.

have a look:

DTAC

AIS-GSM

True

Edited by wasisdn

the best plan for using unlimited mobile Internet nationwide in Thailand right now is DTAC, because after reaching the download limit (depend on your package) DTAC only will reduce your download speed to 64 kbps (1GB/month 399,-Baht) or 384 kbps (3GB/month 650,-Baht). Also the nationwide 3G coverage is okey.

AIS-GSM for example will charge you extra money for every MB after using up your download package (500MB free 399,-Baht/month) and True is only good for Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket area.

have a look:

DTAC

AIS-GSM

True

Not true. Have you consider True is now True-H?

I travel upcountry extensively and I found True to have the best 3G and their data package is one of the best.

They do offer 2 package of unlimited 3G. 799 for 3 gb and 899 for 5gb before the slower speed kicks in.

yeah could be...but it's very difficult to find english information about True-H on the web...

True took over Hutch and is now using their spectrum and network upcountry. I was pleasantly surprise to find 3G at our factories and fields in Saraburi,Uthai Thani, Phitsanulok and other places.

My cisco speed test on my iPhone shows 3-4 Mbps transfer rate in the middle of no where.