Cheeky Restaurant Charge

PETDCAT

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We eat there from time to time and like the food. Plenty of choice, easy prices and sit downstairs. Never had a bill for more than 450 for two and always full up when we leave. I know three other restaurants in Chiang Mai that charge a small sum for Aircon; but you won't see it on the bill, they just add it to the food prices. Amazing that people don't notice it isn't it?

I think that you are missing something here.

Of course we know know that A/C is added on, and that is normal. Places with A/C tends to be just a bit more expensive than non A/C places. That's NORMAL.

However to have the A/C charge actually appearing on the bill is NOT NORMAL.

I know the layout of the place, most of the seating are not A/C, I think that the manager/operator probably want to be fair and not added on the charge for A/C to the food price and only charge those who actually uses it.

Most places with both A/C and nonA/C seatings typically use the same price for both. Easier that way, and no one complains.

The bigger bananas that farangs tend to go for are more expensive and can be 50 baht.

Yes, Gluay hom. Thais seem to go for them too. .

A Thai lady sitting not too far from me, was told by a well known gastroenterologist (on the pinned list), not to eat Gluay hom as they cause much more gas than the others. I know bananas can cause gas, but I wonder how true it is about the different types?

well next time sit closer to her.......and find out for yourself sick.gif

A place I frequent regularly has small notices stuck above all plug sockets saying "30bt for charging phones"

I know these smart phone batteries dont last 10 minutes, but to charge a customer for what is probably not much less than their daily electric usage charge for their small guest house, is also cheeky.....

...I think if they are wanting to write a nice tripadvisor review the charge is waived.