Danish Resident Falls From 23Rd Balcony At Jomtien Condominium

Rimmer

Danish resident falls from 23rd balcony at Jomtien Condominium

jump-41.jpg

PATTAYA:--Just after 9am on Monday, a Danish man is reported to have fallen to his death from a 23rd floor balcony onto air-conditioning compressors located on the 5th floor.

Police and medics rushed to the condominium complex on Jomtien Beach and despite efforts at the scene to resuscitate the victim he was pronounced dead-at-the-scene moments after doctors arrived.

The dead man was identified as Mr. David Roegen aged 22 from Denmark and he was known to be living in room number 2317. Inside the room, Police found evidence of drug taking but no actual narcotics were found.

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...en-condominium/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-01-14

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

sad another tragic loss of life in jomtien

R.I.P sympathies to the family

What is with Jomtien and these Balcony deaths...?? Wow this is really unbelievable and so many of them very young people ... so sad ! but... what is it..??

Does anyone have actual statistics of balcony 'mishaps' in Thailand. That would be hugely interesting. Or is this just another 'hub'. Way too many to be a co-incidence. Remind me never to live above the ground floor if with a Thai girlfriend.

I was thinking the same, I did also try to do a search on Google but, under the criteria I entered nothing was coming back. More specifically I would like to know the figures in, high farrang, destinations within Thailand. smile.png

There are definitely some people who choose to jump here. Notes or personal effects (medication for terminal illnesses etc.) left behind is proof.

There are definitely some people who are helped to jump here. No real proof, but some cases just look too suspicious to be accidental.

There are definitely also some people who fall by accident from buildings where the balcony rails are rather low. The guard rail in my building is much higher than many I have seen, and some of those other places make me slightly nervous which I never am on my own balcony.

There was a drunken Russian last year who went over his balcony rail after slipping on his own vomit, in full view of several witnesses in the room (unless they were all lying). I think that alcohol/drug consumption may be a big contributing factor to all three groups.

• Like 1

What is with Jomtien and these Balcony deaths...??

They are everywhere, I know they're a lot lower than what have been used to for 30 years before i came to Thailand.

Could it trully be so possible that everyone misjudges the height like being from there home country and fall over.

I'm always super weary, I'm 6"2 and they always feel like they're around my knee height

• Like 2

Does anyone have actual statistics of balcony 'mishaps' in Thailand. That would be hugely interesting. Or is this just another 'hub'. Way too many to be a co-incidence. Remind me never to live above the ground floor if with a Thai girlfriend.

I was thinking the same, I did also try to do a search on Google but, under the criteria I entered nothing was coming back. More specifically I would like to know the figures in, high farrang, destinations within Thailand. smile.png

If you searched under "Thai Visa conspiracy theories" you'd probably hit a rich vein. Your use of "high farang" ought to have been equally productive.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

I was going to ask the same thing . . . is it just that these incidents seem to make the headlines, or is Pattaya way over what (might) be considered normal on balcony "falls"?

What is with Jomtien and these Balcony deaths...??

They are everywhere, I know they're a lot lower than what have been used to for 30 years before i came to Thailand.

Could it trully be so possible that everyone misjudges the height like being from there home country and fall over.

I'm always super weary, I'm 6"2 and they always feel like they're around my knee height

Actually you were correct in the end not the beginning ..... The fact that the rails are obviuosly lower would make most sensible people act like you, and take extra care not misjudge the height. In the same way most people high up in a buliding would not stand as close to the edge if their was no window installed yet.

In Amsterdam it is forbidden for hotels to have windows that can open because of drug abuse and jumping people.

It should be the same here, but also because of pushers...

"It should be the same here....." ; give me a breackbah.gif ....my balcony here in bangkok has the same height as the one i had back in, well....my former "home"...i'm 1m70 and it reaches just beneath my tits.....but i don't do drugs, i do drink.....but never feel the urge to jump down....and when i go to jomtien to relax : I WANT A BALCONY!!!....some "mature" bloke wants to jump down?.....let him....sheeeeeesssssssssssss....................no offence ment, just common sensewhistling.gif

Seems like a room without a balcony in Pattaya & surrounds, is a bonus!

-Isn't that the reason why Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya got rid of their balconies when they remodeled the rooms?

We might be OK on the second or third floor which covers a lot of medium to cheap prices hotels. I never go near the window nor open the sliding door if staying in anything above 3 stories. Too scared of heights. Those high rise condos in Jontiem just scare the bejesus out of me - and that's only from the outside.

But the posters are right. Large numbers coming to grief for a variety of reasons from high rise condos.

Remind me never to live above the ground floor if with a Thai girlfriend.

He lived alone.

I'm more interested in the statistics and probabilities, which could possibly cancel out the "he lived alone" factor. IMHO somethin' ain't right in this paradise! People should be informed, at least those that are not...!