Danish Resident Falls From 23Rd Balcony At Jomtien Condominium

Rimmer

Guys. Come on. I have nothing but sincere condolences for the loved ones of this newest victim (and who would never read this forum, much less know about it), but it is obvious what is going on: Thais are killing foreigners and walking away with their money and tea money. The first hundred times was weird, back in the 90's, but to debate the frequency in light of circumstances is laughable. The Thais, who are hypocritically Buddhist and kill each other indiscriminately, surely place no value on a foreigner's life because they regard each other as cannon fodder. We are tolerated within restricted boundaries, and we would all be intelligent to remember that and avoid potentially dangerous situations. It's up to you, of course, but instead of verbally massaging each other about each injustice we can do nothing about, maybe we are better served by looking out for ourselves and each other by telling every foreigner here what to avoid. Just a thought. Flame me if you want to, but I know I'm right. The major cause of foreigner death in Thailand is ignorance, simply because no one warned them about the situations here. The blood is on the hands of the silent.

Edited by FangFerang
  • Like 1

Only one thing is known.... and that is that the poor guy is dead. , possible from the substantive nature of his injuries it would indicate that he by had fallen by fair means or foul or he had been assisted. Everything else is pure unadulterated speculation.

Alcohol, drugs, assailants are mere possibilities drawn from nothing less than personal individual conclussion after reading this rather sparse and informationless report.

A body was found which appeared to have come from his appartment above. At this point in time that is all that is really known. That and that alone.

The police commented that he was alone at home. How in the hell can they possible know that . They were not on the scene until after the tradegy occurred. When they went to the appartment it was vacant Oh suprise Just more of the same speculation and or misdirection.

I am also interested and amused at the police comment that, no drugs were found , however, evidence of drug taking was found. What the hell does that mean ?!!! Perhaps a packet of cigarette papers or some Eno or Panadol. Just enough to taint the well.

RIP young man and sadly there is little chance here that you parents and friends will ever get closure. Very sad.

me and a few friends knew the girl who died from a 15th floor room in jontiem just before christmas, think it was vt 7, gutted when i heard about it she was a lovely girl , and only the guy who was with her will ever know what really happened, but i`d put 10k on she didnt jump,

The railing on these balconies is way too low. A slip or stumble while boozed up and it doesnt take much to lose your balance and over you go. Increasing the hight to at least chest level would prevent even a tall guy from falling.

But if they really want to jump then then there's not much you can do.

I`ve said it before and I`ll repeat it : There is nothing mysterious about the balcony deaths in LOS.The main contributor is shitty construction work.

A contractor that constructs a railing that is 3 feet tall and put shiny tiles on the floor would be out of business for good in most civilized countries.

Thailand,The Hub of shitty construction work !!!!!!!!!!

RIP danish guy.

I remember when they were constructing the condos at Ocean Marina. I watched, as a cleaning lady walked to the edge of the top floor, and was sweeping right up to the edge, and there was NO railing at all. I couldnt believe that she could do it, but I guess it didnt bother her, since she just stood there and admired the scenery. Doesnt seem to be any conception of safety here. I think the most important thing when building condos and railings, is that they look cute!