Hua Hin Hospitals

pwllgrgn

I am considering Hua Hin as a place to retire to in early 2007. I will be coming with my husband and elderly mother. I am a little concerned regarding the hospitals in Hua Hin as I have read a number of articles on various forums and to be quite honest they do not sound very good. We will of course be buying health insurance. Could anyone put my mind at ease regarding this or should I look for somewhere else to live? :o

I've had the misfortune to be admitted to San Paulo on two occasions - once for 3 days, once for 10. I found them OK. The rooms were good and I seemed to get a lot of attention - I just love those nurses.

For cuts and scrapes and keeping wounds clean etc, the hospital is OK in my book. However, if it's something really serious (say internal) I wouldn't be so confident.

There's always BKK and a good hospital in Petburi and hour away - forget the name.

Don't touch the public HH hospital with a bargepole.

I go to Sao Paulo for initial considerations, blood tests, minor problems. If there are complications, I go to Bangkok, to one of the top rated hospitals such as Samitivej (Bumrungrad and Bkk Nursing Hospital are also excellent). I pay about twice as much at Sao Paulo, for questionable medical service, than I paid in Chiang Mai for service that was twice as good.

If your mother is elderly (even 60 years old), you are risking her health if you depend upon hospitals in Hua Hin to care adequately for her.

I'm 63, and my neighbors are older. We have been misdiagnosed too often, or the problem has simply not been properly identified and cured, for me to recommend that you depend on HHin for your needs. Bangkok is three hours away.

My landlady has found a 'old folks' home' in Bangkok; I can send you the info or link by PM (private message) if you like.

I am a little concerned regarding the hospitals in Hua Hin?

I am more concerned about useless doctors working inside the hospitals.

Doctors come and go very often,...no relationship between patient and doctor.

Furthermore some Doctors are incompetent and they don't send you to an expert.

Facilities are so far so good and are not the real issue.

Nurses are very good compared to doctors.

• 1 month later...