Lots Of Talk And Meetings But Are There Any Real Changes ?

likewise

Browsing through the threads we read so many threads, police meeting with songthaew drivers, ambassadors meeting with police, police need more English skills and so on.......

For years I've been living here and I have been reading news like this all the time, yet all by all very little changes.

The police issue for example should not be discussed with them but should be discussed with ministry of interior, since they have the budget to add more officers to Krabi, to train their officers and so on. I know for a fact that there just aren't enough cops around to get the job done properly, then of course quite a few of them aren't interested in doing their jobs so this is like rolling the ball uphill.

In regards to the Songthaew drivers, minivan drivers and the lot, same thing lots of talk but no real changes, same about tourist scams, tuk tuk's and motorbike rental companies using up all parking spaces.

I remember a couple of months ago, the police went in and told them to take their bikes for rent off the parking spaces, hell yeah it worked..... for that day, the day after it was business as usual.

The whole issue is that, the police sees their crack downs as a one day thing and then fail to follow up to check if their crackdowns are still giving the result needed !

So very little has changed and will change, only thing I have noticed in all my years here, is more traffic, more crime, and more and more locals not giving a fuc_k, since most of them are into the "making $$$ today attitude".

Another example is the case where the British couple got attacked, then you start reading that the culprits are getting 10 years...... this is all talk to keep people quiet, especially the tourists who walk away from it thinking justice has been done, I know for a fact that they are not convicted yet and that it will take at least 1 year and that is if they do not appeal their case before any sentence is handed down, same for the rape cases.

Edited by likewise
  • Like 1

So very little has changed and will change, only thing I have noticed in all my years here, is more traffic, more crime, and more and more locals not giving a ..... since most of them are into the "making $$$ today attitude".

In all my years here im happy that locall people are making money.

Well, 7 years ago Krabi town was still pretty much quiet.... Have you seen it today ? Personally I'll be renting out our two houses in town and move more out of town to our plantation and build there.

But the thread is not really about the problems themselves it's more about endless meetings and crackdowns without actually solving the issues at hand.

We just have to accept that this the thai way ,i totally agree if you cant deal with the hassle of aonang or krabi its best just to move out a little way to villages an find a more relaxed way of life .

Personally i live in klonghaeng i goto aonang just to get chicken an rice in the morning,far to many people for me in the high season.

As for the endless meetings i totall agree its all hot air an nothing will be done .

• Like 1